Monday, November 01, 2010

it's halloween, it's halloween

Ok, the token halloween post. James only wanted to be Batman for Halloween (he also wants to be Spiderman for Christmas) and Alli didn't really ever decide. So I hit the local wal-mart and just let her pick whatever she wanted, Snow White it was. I have always done matchy costumes for the kids in the past as noted here, here and most recently here, since I couldn't find a super hero girl costume I didn't do matchy, I thought it would bug me but it didn't.



Derek and I hit up a couple of fantastic halloween party's. We were the Spartan cheerleaders (from snl, if you don't know who they are, we probably shouldn't be friends) and as on top of things as I am, I have no pictures of us. I'm kinda bummed, because we pulled it off...kinda...the homemade way... I kinda didn't do so well in the picture taking department this year.

Anyway, we had so much fun at the party's. I think that is why I like Halloween, I love any excuse to go to or throw a party. I'll even talk people into having a party at their house which isn't quite finished and they don't live it yet, haha, thanks whit! (It's pretty much done anyway, you wouldn't have wanted carpet for us to spill on right!?)

The kids went to a birthday party on halloween in the afternoon. BOTH of them gone for 3 hours. (you know I took a nap in there and folding laundry was the most productive thing i did) That is a great neighbor having a loooong party the day of halloween. Way to load them up on sugar before the night of sugar, a good prep you know.


(james wanted to be a football player for the birthday so he could play better at the party, i know, he's weird.)


Halloween night was on Saturday in these parts. (how can you not love that about small town raymond!) It was so nice out. I wore a sweater, a SWEATER! James and his older cousin took off and hit up a couple blocks while we were still having the pizza party at Grandpa and Grandma Baldry's, they came back with tons, TONS! Then Derek and I took around Alli and James with 2 cousins. When we finally were calling it quits, they were chanting 'more houses, more houses!' I figured out later that I totally dressed them too warm. Not good, gotta make them cold so they are ready to quit after a block.

Today, I let the kids go crazy with their candy. They didn't even go too crazy, which is weird for them, but thank goodness. Then, my master plan came into play. I traded them all their candy for Silly Bands! The kids have been wanting them for weeks, I don't really know how my 3 and 5 year old found out about silly bands, but they did, all the rage you know. So while we were walking home form school today we stopped and got silly bands and the candy is done and gone. I do consider myself a genius, yes I do. I went right ahead and had Derek take that candy OUT of the house, because I had been going crazy eating it all over the last couple days myself. I should buy myself something for the trade too.




Well, that was Halloween at the Baldry house. Maybe next post will BE the new Baldry house, maybe, i don't know.

12 comments:

Jaime said...

You ARE a genius!! I hate having halloween candy around, cause guess who eats it!

Susie said...

Seriously wanted to see the spartan cheerleaders. Really your kids don't look hyper crazy with those new silly bands. I've heard of these things I love when things like this become the rage, cause I really don't get it. Yes you are genius. Sadie only asked for candy once today weird eh. I think I still want it all gone.

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

Love that first photo of James. Doing his best batman pose. TOo funny.

Silly bandz. So hot right now.

Pull out the Spartans costumes, just for a picture. Do it for the blog!

Susie said...

p.s I know whats under the ghost. but it's funnier to wonder...like is that Dad under there? remember that.

lynz said...

i wanna see you spartans too! sad. cute kiddie costumes and yes....raymond is the best place to be when halloween is on a sunday. we missed that this year for sure. nice work on the candy front too but what the hay is a silly band?!?!

whitney said...

I'm pretty sure I have a pic of the Spartans. I'll get back to you on that one.
My kids haven't really been into the candy. But I have. I need to get it out of the house. And the good part is I don't have to give them anything in return because as long as a save a few things they won't care!
Yes yes pics of the new house!
And I'm so glad you did talk me into it, it was fun! Thanks for the help from you and Derrek!

Just Rhonda said...

I need to get rid of the candy too!!! Great looking costumes (and who is the Ghost??)

Jess said...

Super cute. I love small towns who accomadate such things as Halloween on a Saturday. So lucky!!!

Arrington's said...

I feel like good times were had by all in Ray-Town this Halloween. Nice weather can really liven up the party! Loved the costumes.

Em and Tom said...

I am still laughing at your comment on your sistas post. Love your kids stories. YOu always make me laugh.

Brooke said...

I was wondering the same thing as Sus...what's under that ghost? They look more excited about there silly bands than Halloween.

Jacklyn said...

don't you remember in the summer when I was there and Luke had silly bands and everyone was like what's with the bracelets?? Well there ya go we are just always a step ahead...And cute pics