Friday, November 12, 2010

day 6 on day 5

well, i'm cheating. there's a couple pictures on derek's computer that he took to edmonton that make me happy so i'm doing...

a song that makes you cry and why

This took me a while to figure out. Nothing came to my head right away. I'm not saying I'm not a cry baby, because I am quite capable of it. I'm sure we can relate when I say that music can really stir up emotions or bring back memories. It's the reason why a song makes me cry. And well, I'm a woman and that is all I can think of as the reason why! Certain songs hit me at different times in my life and can make me cry or not. So I guess I'm saying the list of songs that make me cry could be long on some days, but for today this is what I came up with. And I'll be looking forward to what other people put for this.

(sorry, had to do another one cause I like to kill things to death haha, and I just can't do a post without a pic. note to self, you look old when you frown, don't do it.)


This is one of my all time favorite songs. I've loved it since I first heard it back in high school I think, maybe even junior high. I don't think it made me cry then, but ever since it was on er a few years ago, it has makes me tear up a bit when I hear it, I sure loved that Dr. Green. I don't necessarily think of anything or anyone when I hear the lyrics, but it's just such a beautiful song and even though the lyrics are simple, they are so deep. I also love that the song is really long. Nothing like a good long song to sing along to, have a little cry, and sing some more.

And I have to pick one more. I love this song. It was hard to choose just one from Les Miserables, but I think this is the one that I love the most. I can't even get through the 1st 15 seconds of listening before it hits me. I went to this first when I was 11 years old. I sat on the front row of the Jubilee in Calgary. I was sure I made eye contact with some of the actors. I don't think I got the full idea of what this musical was about way back then, but I remember how I felt, and I remember those feelings when I saw it again when I was older and I could appreciate not only the talent of the people that can sing and write like this and bring about such feeling inside me, but also the powerful story that this is. I would LOVE to see it again someday.

5 comments:

Jaime said...

LOVE Les Miserables too, good choice.

Susie said...

Your pics are killing me..love it. Good choices I didn't actually listen to them yet, I didn't want to see if they made me cry just yet. Music is so powerful eh

Alysha Sladek said...

LOOOVE Les Mis!! Good choice

Brooke said...

When I saw er, I was hoping for the theme song...Benton on one knee can't go wrong. Oh, but the Dr. Green one is better..it makes me want to watch it all over again.

melissa said...

Great songs! I don't remember the one from ER, but the one from Les Mis is amazing! Didn't cry though...but that could be due to the fact that I'm half Tin Man.