Monday, October 25, 2010

good times, good times

Ok, so things are so great right now. I'll let you know why.

We sold our house in Cardston, YAY!

(we went to the corn maze a couple weeks ago with the Vaz's and it was a perfect night to get very lost in the corn for 2 hours. I wish Bentley was in the picture, he is THE cutest child ever! But he also can't stand still, 2 year olds!)

I could go on and on, but it's done and gone and I couldn't be happier. In the mean time, we bought a house. YAY! It's just a little fixer upper in a perfect little culdesac that we are going to take on right away here. It's just fun fixing up, not crazy, I hope. So hopefully Derek and I won't kill each other in the process, oh renos. Once we get started you know I'll do the before and afters and it will just be so fun.



The weather has been fantastic, just perfect. My kids and I have spent more time outside in the month of October than we did in July. It is a party. James has only took off on his bike to unknown destinations a handful of times or so. He seems to think it is ok to leave the block if he is wearing his helmet and shoes because that is what I have to constantly harass him about. I am going to miss this quiet little street with the most fun group of kids.

(note the just socks, which is a step up from bare feet, but not great because of the dirty socks and all.)

So I've been thinking and that always makes for a good post.

-What' s the deal with yogurt. Why is it always such a dream to eat yogurt in the commercials? Seriously, all of them. Like it is some stay at home moms secret escape of the day. Yogurt? I mean sure the real stuff is ok with the cream and sugar and all, but it's still this tiny thing of yogurt is not going to make me smile like that even if it does regulate the ol digestive system...

-The waitress's are getting younger and younger, I am not getting older. I am perfectly fine with the thought that my waitress is 14 and I am 25.

-Not too long ago I took the children out on a beautiful day. Got them dressed decently (as in James in jeans!) to take some pretty fall pictures. We get out of the car and the kids instantly go into these perfect poses. I pull out me camera and NOTHING! Dead battery. I never did get it together again for those fall pics and now the fall prettyness is gone.

-I went to a junior high football game the other day (my husband coaches, I'm not weird) there was a mom with her full out face painted. I mean more of the face painted than not. A MOM! I cannot even imagine how embarrassed her son must be. And while I'm on the subject, do not cheer like a lunatic at your childs sporting events, again, that would have to be embarrassing for the poor kid. I know I was embarrassed for her.

-Speaking of me being 25...what's with all the wrinkles I have?! I'm too young for this. I don't care if they are 'laugh lines.' Laugh lines are crows feet to me!

-can't do a random thoughts bit without a celebrity bash, and it is you Miss Rachel Berry. ( I don't know her real name) It is you I am very disapointed in for your GQ magazine spread. That's just gross, I thought better of you. Here I am never have devoted myself to a teen show like this since the days of Saved by the Bell and this is how you deal with the fame? Scantaly clad pics?! Well, I'm quite sure Kelly and Jessie would not have done that to me. (please tell me that my sis and I were not the only ones who cheered for the Bayside Tigers.) Please know, my respect of Glee has waivered, but my love for it has not.

-I 'made' cereal for supper the other day. It was glorious. Derek was not impressed and made something else. My mom was almost in disbelief and I loved it. And it wasn't that I didn't feel like making supper or that I couldn't think of anything to make which is usually the problem, it was that the kitchen was clean all day and I just wanted it to stay that way. So cereal it was and not even a healthy cereal either, Frosted Flakes all around! I should do that more often.

-And just to keep you updated on my latest because I still don't craft or sew or bake anything out of the ordinary, but I do work out as my hobby, I am in full swing. 6 days a week at 6:15 I am working out with a friend. I have never sweat as I am sweating now. You have no idea. It's glorious. I can't wait to be so strong. I'm also doing a yoga class once a week and quite like that too!

(James and his partner in crime last week!)

Well my friends, that is all. Have a great Halloween week. I keep hoping that one of these years they are going to just ban trick or treating so that I don't have mental children the days following. A simple party will do for the season, no?

14 comments:

Rashelle said...

Congrats on selling your house! It must be so nice not to have to think about that anymore. Can't wait to see pictures of the new one. Good luck dealing with the wrinkles, I haven't had to worry about that yet since I am so much younger.

Kristi Drennan said...

Yay for selling your house! And yay for buying a new one! And uhhhhh for renos cause that's where I am and it's fun and great and.........actually I'm just really wanting a new bathroom and to make my magic wand work so it's all done. But it is nice to be able to personalize.

Um...the yogurt comment totally a LOL moment. Cause um really...it really is just yogurt.

OH and PS I hope to make working out a hobby of mine after baby is born. Yes. That means you must pray for me.

Just sayin'.

Just Rhonda said...

hahahhaaha ahh a great Lindsay post :)

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

that was a random post - and I SO loved it! I have so much to comment on...
- the yogert thing. You're so right, I've just never really thought about it before!
- "you haven't really sweat like this before??" WHAT? You ran a half marathon sister. What the heck are you doing?!
- I'm really happy for you guys selling your house. that's always great news! (and congrats for the buying one too.)
great post!
p.s. I loved saved by the bell as well...those were good days!

lynz said...

what the crap house did you buy? a simple picture would have sufficed for us out of towners! yay for selling and buying houses :)
go bayside tigers! i was disappointed in rachel too. not cool.

Jess said...

Yeah on selling the house!! So exciting. Love your random post you are so awesome at writing about whatever and making it interesting!!

Brooke said...

I agree about the Glee disappointment, but I don't think Glee is the innocent teen show that Saved by the Bell was. I still love them both.
You're just Insane with the working out.
Too bad you didn't live in Edmonton you could pull the "we don't trick or treat on Sundays".

Susie said...

I will have you know I was mid comment last night, then I got interuppted & never made it back. long night. anyways I do think you & derek will survive the renos but I'll just ask mom for updates on how you 2 are really doing. ha ha. Cereal for supper is priceless so so awesome, I wish I could have witnessed that. Man the more I think about it I don't think I could live with mom. what did she eat?? Hot yoga its all the rage.

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

Oh you crack me up. Seriously, why are we not hanging out. I mean, at least just once.

I was reading all your random comments last night while talking on the phone to my parents (yes, both at once) and I was laughing and had to read them to them.

As for the wrinkles... I have been putting on so much eye cream lately. I feel like I have aged 10years in the past 2. What the heck!

melissa said...

Yay for selling the old house and buying a new one!! I can't wait to see the before and after shots! And please - wrinkles?? Stop it. We're barely 20! We're way too young for that ;)

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

Oh and bad news. A few years after saved by the bell Jessie did a little movie called 'Striptease'. I didn't see it, but I can imagine from the title what it was about.

Not sure which is worse the GQ cover or the movie.

Jaime said...

I am with you on the Glee thing. So disappointing, but not disappointing enough to stop watching. I can't help it.

Karen said...

This is so great .... Classic Lyndsay post!
Way to go with selling the house, that must be such a huge relief. On the renos end... I'm looking forward to some great post down the road!
Maybe if you'd stop watching Glee you wouldn't have so many wrinkles, no wait I'm pretty sure it's the sugared cereal for supper that causes that. Actually if truth be told, pre-mature wrinkles (that is what we are talking about here, right.) I have heard are directly related to sweating six days a week. So seriously friend, you need to calm down or you'll end up like me... Wrinkles and all!!!!

The Lowry's said...

It's been a while and I am catching up. I love all your random thoughts. So much fun to read. Nice on not only like 5 days a week but 6! Jill invited me, and I would come but my kids are up by then and Jeff wouldn't be happy if he had to wake up early too and take care of them while i was gone in the morn. So I am jealous, but maybe i will just have to get my but in gear at home.