Thursday, November 05, 2009

do people still care?

I'm not too late with the Halloween post, right? I've kinda been working a little bit more in the evenings this week because so many of the nurses are off sick and they are so so so short and it is ridiculously busy there. Every once and a while I'm nice and work extra, but not often! Speaking of...I refuse to bring up my day of waiting in line last week for the H1N1 shot, terrible experience all around. But I will report that the clinic for 5 and under in Raymond today was a success. I walked in, and there were 3 of the 7 or 8 nurses just waiting for me to choose which one would be graced to give my screaming kids a nice needle.



Anyway, Halloween was really an event this year as usual. My kids had the countdown on. I don't know the source, but I heard Halloween was 2nd only to Christmas in it's celebration. Ummm, no. I'm not a complete Halloween Grinch, (ya might as well have fun with the kids by now right) but all the sugar and treats, no good. I have zero self control this time of year, not that I have any during the rest of the year either.

We did manage to have the token pumpkin carving fhe of course. Except I totally forgot to take a picture of the finished products, they were good too. I drew on a face of the pumkin, other than that Derek did it all the rest with the kids, I'm still a little grinch. And for that, I cut off his head in the picture, oops! I think they carved 3 or 4?



Ryan and Sarabeth had a party the weekend before with kids and the whole deal. (See picture of the whole fam jazzed up above.) So fun of course. You really can't go wrong with a dance party in the basement with the lights out and glow sticks, it's the best part every year! The kids had so much and so did everyone else. Then Britt had a couples dress up party at her house the day before Halloween. Everyone dressed up and it was fun to hang out. So by the true and real Halloween I was dressed up out. Alli was bummed that we didn't dress up with her to go trick or treating, then she got over it when she remembered you get candy when you go, so who cares who is dressed up!


I could not get the kids to look at the camera. The street was already a buzz with children receiving candy for nothing! There was no looking at me.

After the kids were settled into a nice sugar high, I took off to Lethbridge to meet up with my good ol friend Melissa. She was up for a few days from Las Vegas visiting her fam. We went with Shelly out to eat, and let me tell you, nobody is out at restaurants on Halloween, but the staff really dress it up! We had fun talking and laughing our faces off.



Another successful Halloween done and done!


Also, here's a look at dresser uppers from the party.

The winner of the night. Peter Pan and Wendy (a preggo wendy, hehe)


Zombies

The tie for 2nd. I'm bummed you can't see in the picture, but this just happens to be a preggo nun! (I totally messed up taking a picture of Rebecca the photographer, dang it!)

The other 2nd place. Princess Laya and the guy with her...!
The ol angel and devil
Julie and Jeff, the farmer hillbillies

Ok, Tara's husband ditched on the dress up, so she posed with Jill

The other angel and devil who showed up late and TOTALLY showed us up! (seriously I was a little scared of Matt)
We needed a little H1N1 to spread
Ok, I lied. I missed one couple. The killer bee's were there with their clever non copout costume..right Marisa?!

17 comments:

lynz said...

i still care! love your little angel/devil family and love the costumes from the party! so creative and i'm just so impressed with people who go all out like that! i'm also a halloween grinch but even more than you - i don't think i could have even pulled off the angel!

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

Even me, who normally has self-control, always loses it when those little chocolate bars come out in Oct. Love the costumes. And as always your kids are adorable. I love the pic of them showing their messy pumpkin hands.

Just Rhonda said...

Man you guys really partied it up for halloween eh! What a fun group of friends you have!

Ashley Dawn said...

What a fun Halloween!! Love the H1N1 costume. Very creative. So many fun things at Halloween.

Mindi said...

Cute costumes...what a fun party. i wish my husband would be a sport like that! Just getting him into a skeleton Tshirt was bad enough! Looks like fun.

whitney said...

You know you love dressing up!
Whatever you are a grinch, you have cool costumes every year.

Susie said...

really how fun. Maybe if I had some crazy friends like that I'd get all dressed up too. I love Britt trying to lift up JD and the pig nose. Halloween just seems like a lot of creativity, which I often lack. p.s if your sick chocolate is less enticing cause you can harldy taste it, being sicky is saving me right now.

Susie said...

p.s is it sooo windy down there? Now that you don't live in Cardston you hardly take about the wind or the weather, is Raymond that great. From inside my house it seems pretty windy here. later

Christal said...

I care and I love the costumes your kids are so cute!! ANd I'm so sad I missed the party! dang husband for being gone and no babysitters!!! Everybody looks awesome!

Oler Family said...

what great costumes! I love a good party!! those H1N1 costumes are hilarious!

Karen said...

I think living in Raymond has done wonders for your social life! We never have great parties up here anymore. Ali and James look so cute in their costumes. The Spiderman costume is so yours, (It will be too small for Sam next year) you just have to come up to E-town to visit and pick it up!!

Em and Tom said...

I can hardly comment I am so homesick looking at my big nerdy brother stealing my friends!

The Lowry's said...

Love the family costume theme. No and it is not too late for a halloween post. I am trying to do a couple of posts a day to catch up because i am so crazy behind. I can't skip either because one day I want to do a book. Looks like the party was lots of fun with great costumes there too.
Don't you just love Britts' house too? We looked at that house a couple of times and I fell in love with it. I know that everything will work out for the best with the whole house thing with you guys. It always does.

Tisha said...

What awesome costumes! The party looks like tons of fun!

Alysha Sladek said...

love the costumes! i looooove dressing up - it's SO much fun :) looks like you guys had a blast

Arrington's said...

Apparently Ray-Town is the place to be for Halloween. Too bad I didn't get the memo everyone look so great.
I'm so sorry Ally pulled the mature, overly obedient child card. Start wearing her down now for next year.

melissa said...

Fun!! Loved the costumes! I miss you guys already, and I'm honestly a little bummed that I didn't even get to see the kiddos. Next time I guess.