Friday, February 22, 2008

the plague

Ok so I just spent 20 minutes writing a long post complaining through the whole thing about how "the plague" is visiting us right now in all sorts of forms. From sickness and a clean, but not CLEAN house to the terrible 2's.

Then I decided I am an optimistic person. I have done my fair share of complaining to derek, and my mom and sister's lately, (because if you can't complain to family, who do you complain to?) but I won't subject anyone else to my "woes." Your welcome.

Instead I will tell you how amazing my life is. Because really, I know I don't have it bad at all. In fact, I sure wouldn't have to look very far to find people who have it worse than I do.

I'm sure I have done my fair share of complaining on here and will most likely complain in the future. I think a blog is a perfect place for an entertain rant. But not today.

So now I count my blessings.

1. I have a gift certificate burning a hole in my wallet for a massage. Can't wait to use it!

2. Old Navy is having their baby sale right now. SCORE!

3. I bought new shoes! For my day to day shoes, I have been wearing the same ones for over 3 YEARS! Which is just crazy because I used to have quite the variety of shoes and never had a a pair that I wore 90% of the time because I had so many to choose from. I'm actually kinda sad to see those ratty old shoes go.

4. I felt like a "lady" the other day in the store. (Not lady as in nice and mannerly and all grown up, as in "Who does that lady think she is shopping in this happnen store?") You know, where everyone who works there "is like, you know, umm 18" (to be read while snapping gum) So, I'm getting out of this winter rut and not giving in to being a "lady with 2 kids" I'm not sure how I'm going to accomplish this. Maybe I'll start by showering, makeup, AND hair everyday. Oh, this was a blessing to feel like an old lady so that I don't completly give in before it is too late. So thank you teeny boppin la senza workers. Now I'm going to be a cool happnen momma with a couple a kids!

5. I went to bed at 8:30pm last night. That's right, 8:30. I have been sick for over a week (but I'm not complaining) My fantastic husband got me some chicken noodle soup and put the children to bed and I got to rest my aching body.

6. Mmmmm, I have cookies in my house right now. I screwed up the homemade oreos (homemade as in used a cake mix) last week and was craving some non screwed up ones. So I made them the other day and the are delish! And I even gave some away. You know they are good when you can actually give some away.

7. I found a new love for my primary class that I teach. I've been teaching the 4-5 year olds for about a year and a half and I'm actually putting in some effort again lately and it's helping. I set some rules and they actually kind of follow them. At least they are normal rules, not like my old class...no burping during the prayer, no climbing out the window, and no playing swords with your ties or belts.

8. We got our vitiamin D this week! The sun actually came out and the temperature was above zero!

9. My mom is planning a trip up soon! YAY! We love when Granny Bea comes!

10. Alli has not had one single nap for a whole week. It's so great. We get to spend so much time together and I really cherish these moments as a mother of a 2 year old...

Ahhhh, I feel so much better about life now. A happy list beats a complaining list any day! Maybe I need to do a weekly thankful post like a few people do to keep me away from my evil pessimistic side. The only plague is the happy plauge around here. Ok, am I getting gross happy?

Of course some photos...




also, i just saw the picture form the last post right below this one of alli. they look SLIGHTLY the same, oh well.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

linds i love your blog and i love that there is a place that i can go to feel like i actually get to see you guys more! i know i am lame but i check it multipule times a day just so that i don't miss when you post a new one! give your kids a huge for me! love ya guys!
the brookie aunt

Oler Family said...

Cute blog! It's so hard to be optimistic when you aren't feeling good! There is seriously nothing better than buying something new for yourself...well maybe a massage!

Anonymous said...

so you are like your mom after all --- a lady
no shower no hair no make up for me today but I did go on the treadmill so take it from there.

I am so glad you like it when I come. I love your darling cute kids pictures. Can't wait to be there
mom

Susie said...

umm your not like mom until you wip out the bandana ha ha! I love that Alli was upset when you put on your new shoes. That is a true mom you are always thinking and buying for your kids right?! AND yeah for the real Vitamin D blessed sunshine. I am a nerd.

Alysha Sladek said...

loved this post. i think i need to do one! yay for shopping for you! that's another thing i need to do. jeepers, thanks for all the reminders ;) hehehe i'm sad i missed the sun. hopefully it'll stay for good soon.

Just Rhonda said...

heeehee great list. And it is good that you took the positive approach. i thought your one about your primary class was funny. Your rules sound sooo strick. :) And I am glad to hear people are on them mend around your house, you poor girl!

TheMousirFamily said...

Lindsay, I so love reading your blog cause it trully makes me think....I know I have been one of those moms, that has been more and more lacks in things, and I do alot of well it is due to my kids but really I need to take a new look on my life, Heavenly Father knew what he was giving me....and knew I could handle it, sometimes I just need to ask for more help then I do that dang pride thing :) I so miss seeing you all the time you are a great mom, and I look up too you alot for how wonderful you are!

melissa said...

Oh Linds, how I love you and your blogs. Seriously! I laughed out loud about your primary class, because I do recall sitting in there with you. Oh man! I hope you feel better, and I don't think there's such a thing as "too happy" as long as it comes with a card. By the way, I'm tagging you for real, so go look at my blog. Love and miss ya!

Jess said...

I love your optimism Lindsay you are a great example to me. You are an awesome Mom!!!