Monday, February 11, 2008

nope, not a tag



I never take pictures before church and that's when the kids are usually lookin pretty cute. We are usually rushing out the door. Yesterday I had a few minutes and got Alli to cooperate with a little snack bribe. James is always ready for the camera. So I'll spread them out through the post, because i couldn't decide...they are all so CUTE!



I've been tagging myself for quite sometime now, only so that I won't complain about the weather. Now that we finally had a nice day -2 (woohoo, heat wave!), I don't have to complain about the 2 (or was it 3, such a blur) weeks of -40. When we were outside today I thought the kids don't even need their coats and hats! (but they do)



So to pass the last few weeks I did break down and bake, what else is there to do? I'm not saying I liked doing it. But I had to do something. Nothing fancy just various buns and cookies to bulk up for this weather, hehe. Alli is loving to help in the kitchen, it doesn't make a bigger mess or drag it out at all.



Through the cold I've also been subjected to way to many shrek viewings, had some entertaining dance parties with the kids, still got to the gym 3 days a week, lots of coloring and stories, spent a day in our jammies, did puzzles, went to a couple basketball games (with the kids while derek was coaching, ahhhh!) and played pretend in the toy kitchen almost every day (like I said, alli loves anything kitchen and mixing.) Don't forget cleaned and cooked and wiped noses and kissed owies and bruises, dried tears and tended to James' 24 hour 39.5 fever (and maybe a tooth tomorrow for his troubles?) And my personal fav, braved the cold to the mall for the winter sales here and there. (all the winter clothes go so cheap in january, but there is still a good 3-4 months of sweater wearing left around here so $6, well worth it!) But no walking for James yet, he prefers to play in the toilet lately. The kids are LOVING their swimming classes. James is crazy in love with the water, he cracks me up, and I know this sounds weird for a 9 month old, but he is GOOD!





Derek starts his practicum next week at Harry Ainley. He's helping coach basketball there and is leaving us for 4 days to a tournament in Saskatchewan. I keep thinking something is going to happen and Derek won't really be done school yet. But it's finally happening so soon! We have no idea what we are doing or where we are going, but we'll figure it out soon enough. That's about it. Not too exciting. I've only worked one shift since Christmas. I guess i should get back there to get outta this house for a while!

7 comments:

Mindi said...

I'm so jealous you have time to hit the gym with 2 kids. I don't have any time, even with just one! And yes, I do cook roast a potatoes every sunday!

Susie said...

like seriously they are sooo cute! Hey I was out yesterday basking in the heat too. the only trouble was its tough to push a stroller through the mounds of snow. We will be by for a visit for sure while Derek is away.

Alysha Sladek said...

super cute pictures! brave girl to go out in that awful weather. i've been a hermit. although it would be nice to get out. i'm sooo gald it's starting to "warm" up!! woohooo. you're so lucky derek's almost done! so exciting!!

Melissa said...

I love Alli's dress, super cute! Where did you find it?

Just Rhonda said...

oh MAN That dress is so cute!!! The kids look super cute. And i totally understand the baking to keep busy. We do that around here too.

Anonymous said...

Cute pics. Alli wanted to try her dress on Sat when we were over, so Brett put it on as a straight jacket, and Alli wasn't so impressed after that.
Brooke

melissa said...

haha! That's Alli's "cooperating" face? interesting...