Tuesday, February 05, 2008

a mama tag



Susie made this up and it is going around. I guess you could say I tagged myself again, hehe.

Typical time of wake-up: usually 8-8:30. i know, i'm spoiled. i'm going to soak it up for as long as i can.

On a good night when you/kids go to sleep: alli 8:00. james we're still workin on that. me right after james, jks not anymore, now its like 12ish. i should really go to bed earlier. it's all derek's fault he stays up late and can function on less sleep than me, and i just love getting things done with no kids around.





How long you have been a momma: 2 years, 3 months and 25 daysish?

How many times have you been a new mom: TWO!

as if i am putting these pictures up! they are pretty scary. the first one is james, alli second.









How old were you when you became a mom (is this to personal?): 24, not too personal, i'm such a child.

Favorite Kids show: i rather enjoy the backyardigans and their sweet dance moves. i also tried to make alli like the wonderpets because of their songs.

Least Favorite Kids show: toopy and binoo, what is he?, among many many others

Favorite chore: vacuuming. i don't mind kitchen and bathroom since i've done them so much and i really like the results.

Least favorite chore: ironing and folding and putting away clothes.

Meal you cook most often: spaghetti, tacos, fajitas

Kids favorite meal: spaghetti! i love it, derek loves it, alli loves it, and we started putting it in the magic bullet for james and he loves it too! once a week i am SET!

5 things that make you smile when you are being a mom:

what i have to think of 5? jk.jk.

1. james' camera smile.









2. alli's and james' squeals when they are chasing eachother.


(not exactly chasing eachother here, and alli doesn't squeal quite the same way when they are chasing as when james pulls her hair, but here they are interacting, close enough right?)



3. when alli is getting into something she knows she shouldn't and gets caught and drops it or throws it and thinks i don't know. her guilty face cracks me up.

4. CUDDLES!!!!













5. when james tackles alli trying to get her food out of her hand. (he really tackles her, it's kinda slow motion.)

Favorite thing your husband does with your kids: puts the kids to bed whenever he is home at bedtime. derek sings songs to alli when he tucks her in, so cute. but of course i REALLY love how he has his playtime different than i do and makes them laugh and laugh.

Last time you went out with no kids: on saturday we went to watch a high school bball game of one of derek's young men, LAME-O

If you could take your kids anywhere where would it be: DISNEYLAND!!! when they are older that is.

Favorite pastime/activity with kids: anything outside. pleeeease get here early spring!



1 thing you said you would never do when you were a mom: this is gross, but i have done it, and don't pretend you haven't...wiped a snotty nose with no kleenex. i know i'm disgusting. i just don't know what is worse, wiping it with my bare hand or leaving it for them to lick or something! i saw a mom do this when i was younger and was like, GROSS, i'll never do that...

If you had an afternoon to yourself what would you do? go to the mall and TAKE MY TIME!

1 thing you do that your mom did & now you do: well, the other day i was on the phone talking to susie and i said "my kids are being real pills." that is so my mom, and it just came out. that could go in the i said i'd never do that line...talk like my mom, but i guess i do!

Favorite quality of your own mom: BEST MOM EVER! i have learned so so much from her.


















i also have a pretty amazing mother inlaw who raised an awesome boy to be an awesome dad.










Favorite kids book: "What Could be Better Than This?" my mom got us this book last christmas, it is THE BEST!

Best advice for a new mom: i better not be giving out any advice, i barely know what i am doing. maybe, whatever the problem is, they'll grow out of it, so don't stress the small stuff.

Scariest or most heartbreaking moment as a mom: it was really heartbreaking watching my 2 year old stand over the toilet and barf last week. it was also really scary when i got an ultrasound a week before my due date with james and the tech said he was 9 pounds 10 ounces. (he wasn't by the way, 8 pounds)

Most joyful moment as a mom: oh the little everyday joys are the best. this is us on a regular day. the kids are cute and nicely dressed and i look like a wreck!













Last time your child told you they love you: james said it with his smiley dimple. and alli said it right before bed, but also today she saw i had a scratch on my elbow and kissed it better and told me she loved me, awwwwww.

Last time you said I love you to your kid: right before bedtime kisses, and after too!

baby alli


baby james




This took me FOREVER to go through and find all these pictures, but it was fun to look back. all the mommies reading this must do it, it's a good one. thanks for being so creative susie. now it's after 12 and i NEEEEED to sleep.

8 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

i admit it... i've done the no kleenex nose wipe... ugh still gross though. hehehe great post
your pics aren't coming up for some reason...

Susie said...

aww I'm sad there are no pics I bet they were good. I'm glad I was on the other end of the phone Sadie can be a bit of a pill too I just have not said it out loud yet, Alli might be becoming a scalywag? ha ha So true can't wait till we can take the kiddies outside without bundling

Alysha Sladek said...

ok, they're working now and they are super cute!!!

Mindi said...

So cute! I love all the pictures. You are so cute! I'll have to do this when I have time! Oh, and I also enjoy Backyardigans! I guess Ian and Teryn just took Caden to their show! How fun!!

Just Rhonda said...

loved the answered and love the pictures added in. Super cute. And the nose thing I said too and I've done it.

melissa said...

super de duper cute post Linds. You are such a cute mom and so are you kids. I love, love, loved all the pictures...and didn't I take that first one?!

Jess said...

cute pics Lindsay. Your kids are so cute.

Jacklyn said...

awwww who would have known my best friend was so weird that she can grab a handful of snot with her bare hands but bring a foot close to that same hand and TERROR...I also have to laugh that I have no remorse for all the years of touching you with my feet, it was out of love...your kind of freaky
hahaha love the Tag