Friday, January 04, 2008

i have returned!



We made it back from our 2 week stay in Raymond. We had a fantastic time with family and friends. Dereks parents and a brother and sister were away in California for the holidays visiting Mindy, so sad. So my family got their fill of us I'm sure! First ones to arrive at Grandma's Last ones to leave! We did have a party with all Derek's siblings that were around and of course that was the night we stayed up the latest all holidays. Such a Baldry thing.

These aren't in order, but I'll start with Christmas eve.

We had surprise performance by Regan on the accordian. I'm not about this instrument, the accordian. Does it ever not sound annoying?



Alli opening her jamma's from grandmaa and grandpa. I mostly love James here. He is such a poser for the camera! That face cracks me up.



Christmas eve. The kids in their new jamma's. Guess I didn't get the memo to wear red.



Alli loved Christmas. On Christmas eve every time the doorbell rang she was all excited and wondered "Is Santa Here?"

On Christmas morning, she made us start a new famliy tradition. Alli saw that santa brought Derek a little bag of Lindor chocolates. There were none of these in her stocking. She was not impressed. She was begging for one. Like I am going to give her one of the GOOD chocolates. I offered her presents to open, all the other chocolates in the house and cookies too, but the tears had started. I didn't want a crying girl on Christmas morning. I give in. Alli happily eats the chocolate and is ready for the presents. So the new family tradition is to eat a yummy chocolate before opening presents. What a fantastic idea, thanks Alli!



James had a great time learning how to get around at my mom's with all the stairs. He was just happy and smiley the whole trip. But I think he was turning into a bit of a momma's boy at the end. Crawling after me and crying for me. What can I say, the kid loves his mommmy.

Here is James just about finishing his obstacle course. He would start in the middle of the room, crawl under the coffee table around the couch, through the rocking chair and up the first few stairs, (seen here) and then attempt to keep going up the steep stairs before he got caught.



Guitar hero. Alli bounces her leg to the beat when she plays. It's pretty cute.



All the Steed grandkids all ready for church. Lucy was literally laughing with excitement to hold Sadie, it was so cute. For some reason Sadie wasn't quite as excited about the whole thing, weird I know.




Alli loved playing in the snow. I wish you could see my sweet sorel boots I was wearing. They are sooo coming back.







All the Baldry grankids minus the 4 in Califonia.



Lucy and Alli just playing the piano after a bath. The day after Lucy left Alli was asking where she (and the rest her fam) went and I kept telling her she went home to Calgary. So later on Alli was saying "I wanna go home" over and over. I figured it out, she really wanted to go to Lucy's home. They got along really good. They giggled and only had a few disagreements..."NO PUSHING!"



Love this little picture of her.



A few non picture moments.
1. I made a craft! (i might show ya a pic later)
2. I went to my old friend Chyna-Rose's wedding, she was beautiful, and I'm so happy for her.
3. I finished my quilt (more on that later, maybe with the craft picture)
4. My bestest friend Jacklyn had herself a little baby girl Lily, and I wish I was there with her.
5.Derek and I had a night or 2 out without the kiddies (thanks to mom for babysitting, even if it was a gong show and they weren't in bed when we got home at 11)
6. The team Derek helps coach beat Raymond in the Sugar Bowl (shhhhhh, yay! he was really happy for his team)
7. Alli bawled when we pulled up to the apartment last night. "NO HOME!! GRAAANDMAAAA"S!" She is going through grandma and grandpa and just a full house of people withdrawl. Also, sugar withdrawl too, as am I.


and.....WE GOT OUR CAR!!!!! and i am in love with it.

It was such a fun holiday. I love this time of year with all the merriment and happys. My christmas tree lights are glowing as I type for their last night. We are so blessed with so much in our lives. We are so thankful for our BIG families when we get together and our little family when it's all over. I just love the spirit of Christmas. It's a little bit sad it's all over for another year. But I am very excited for this year. Things are going to change soon, so I hope I'm ready! ok ok ok, i'm finally finished

5 comments:

Susie said...

sweet that was a jam packed post! ahh your kids are so fun & cute & entertaining!

KellyLady said...

Loved the post Linds! And it was fun to see you at church...your kidlets are getting so big!

Just Rhonda said...

Great pictures. That one of Lucy cracks me up. She is so excited to hold babies! So funny. And I think you should totally show off the craft! :) We put in enough time on them!!

melissa said...

Oh my gosh, I love this post. So many things I want to comment on! First of all, I can't believe how long Alli's hair has gotten and how big my little boyfriend James is! It looks like you had tons of fun! I love Derek's video game face and I must admit that I, too, rocked that face playing guitar hero all week!! Oh how I love that game! I'm so excited you got your new car - yay!! Also, I got your Christmas card, and I'm not kidding...I looked everywhere for a tree with a card to send to you to! haha That will never not be funny!

Mindi said...

Cute family pics! I can't wait til Jack is big enough to sit up and climb stairs! Wait, maybe I can!