Thursday, January 10, 2008

what's new?

So what is new? Not much around here.

Here's my craft!




It was an all day affair with Rhonda keeping us all very positive about the whole experience. (thank you Rhonda) It was a good times and I'm so happy we did it because look at the results! I really want to have a crafty side, I do, so Rhonda is helping me get there. (by doing some of the work for me, hehe) It's a little christmas advent calender. It's a little muffin tin. Those little squares (decorated by mostly me) are stuck on with magnets. You put a little treat or ornament inside for the kiddies to find! Excited to use it...next year. And I'm happy to say we already know what we are doing for the gals craft day next Christmas. I'll still post my quilt, but it's in Alli's room and she's asleepin.

Derek and I started all our new year goals on Monday. Since we got back last week and didn't really get into the routine until Monday we decided that would be our new year start.

Thought I'd share a couple of my resolutions.

1. I'm kinda of excited about his one. Not overly excited to do it, but for the results. I guess that is how lots of goals go right. I'm going to do 15 minutes a day of the non daily/weekly cleaning tasks. As in, wash the walls, scrub under the fridge, or clean out cupboards. You know, the stuff that should be done, but always get put off because sometimes keeping with the regulars is enough. And now when I think about the nitty gritty cleaning that I really don't want to do I won't stress about it and try and get it all done in one day every few months with kids and other distractions annoying me through and through.

2. My next one Derek and I are dong kinda together. We are doing push-ups and sits up and squats everyday. I do a just a few less than him, and I also do the girly push ups, but will work my way up to the real ones soon.

3. This one I already do, but I'm just going to keep on going with it and maybe add to it. I go to the gym 3 days a week in an effort to ditch these last pesky 10 pounds. (I'd really like to lose 15 to be my real pre James weight, but I'm not sure I'll ever get there again.) I have been out of shape for a good year now. And I HATE it so much. It's not me, it's not who I have EVER been. I've never had to lose weight before. After Alli when I started working out again it was gone in like a month. (where oh where have you gone my teenage metabolism?) I want some results so I am working my butt off even more than the last few months (I'm so stiff right now)

So there it is. Feel free to harass me at anytime to see if I am keeping up.

Here's my tough boy James. Who has nothing to do with my stress eating because of lack of sleep...
He had his shots last Friday and didn't even cry. The look on his face was all "why did you just do that to me?" just a slight whimper with the second shot and he was good to go. But he's not that tough as he was sad with a fever the whole night after. He's used to the pain of just being him with the crawling into things and cruising along the furniture, the falling, the bonking...



And Alli. She found a new use for he Christmas present.



And notice my fantastic looking pictures? I got a new to me present. My dad got a new camera for Christmas and his old Canon Rebel needed a new home. Thank you dad!

7 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

good goals! great pics. jealous of the new camera!!

Oler Family said...

Good Goals! I feel your pain about the teenage metabolism...that's long gone for me! That's awesome that you got your dads camera! I saw the advent calander on Susie's blog and I love it and I want to make one so bad! It was fun seeing you at the gym today, that is one of my goals too!

Susie said...

i think i should get some goals too, mine are all just good intentions and just in my head right now. Way to go sis. I can't wait for Christmas craft #2.

KellyLady said...

Good luck on the last 15! Maybe next time we see eachtoher we can celebrate!

Tisha said...

Sounds like some great goals! Good luck with them! We can harass each other to make sure we're keeping up!

Just Rhonda said...

Looks like the camera is getting some good use!!!! Your craft is GREAT. And I'm glad you guys stuck it out even though it truly was an all day affair!!
And good luck on the goals (I think you look great.)

melissa said...

I love your craft! It's such a cute idea. Poor little jamesie-poo. I'll take care of anyone who tries to hurt him again. ;) Ok, I love your resolutions and I think they are very realistic. Kudos to you for that. I gave up on making resolutions years ago. I think it has something to do with not knowing what I want anyway! P.S. you look FANTASTIC and I wouldn't stress out too much about those last 10 pounds. I'm still hanging on to 5 I'd like to get rid of, but it seems to have made itself quite at home.