Saturday, December 22, 2007

santa is a comin'



So i'm down here all by myself in Raymond at my mom's in a quiet house. That hasn't happened since ours and Regan and Rhonda's arrival on Tuesday. The kids are BOTH asleep. (after a 6 am wake up today, fun fun) The parents are out braving the stores on the last Saturday before Christmas. Derek is hopefully in Utah as I write, finalizing everything with the car and will return sometime tomorrow with our late car our early christmas present, depending on if I want to be positive or negative about the whole thing. We are getting a 2007 Honda Accord. I'm soooo excited. We got such a good deal on it that it just might be worth all the hassel. I'm not super excited that it is a standard, and there are no heated seats (i don't know how I'll make it through the rest of an Edmonton winter without them!), but other than that, it's perfect. I'm just hoping and praying Derek makes it across the border now.

So far we have been having a fantastic time. I'm pretty sure I'm well on my way to welcoming the 5 pounds back I said good bye to over the past month. (great to have ya back love handles) Alli is non stop hyper already from sugar everyday with Lucy. They are so cute together playing and bossing eachother around. And James is accomplishing way too many things for my liking in this big house with space to roam. Climbing up stairs is the one I'm not too excited about among others. He makes me nervous. He has no fear. He has fallen SO MUCH. But, he's got to keep up I guess.



and yes, they are eating a bowl of sprinkles.



Here's the picture of the kids with Santa. Since my scanner isn't working I took a picture of the picture, so you know it's quality.



Well, I've got one kid on my lap and I hear the other one calling my name. So hope everyone has a merry christmas!

3 comments:

melissa said...

Yay! I'm so happy you guys are finally getting your new car! I love that James is so fearless, by the way. I bet being at your parents is like a whole new playground to him! Love the picture of a picture too, by the way! Hope you guys had a fabulous Christmas!!

Melissa said...

Linds, your kids are adorable. How are you handling 2? Hope you had a great Christmas. We had a blast without snow, but it's nice to see everyone when we go home so it's a bitter sweet holiday!

Just Rhonda said...

It was a great christmas... and your car RULES!!