Sunday, March 29, 2009

just curious

ok, sorry everyone, it's time for one of my rants/life lessons.  

I'm somewhat of a peeping tom.  Not full out or scary, just a little peeping here and there is all.  I like people's blog so I can peek without them really knowing I was peeking.  I comment on people I know, and even people I don't know on occasion.  And I fully look at people I kinda know but they don't know and I get all shy cause I think they might not know me.  

3/52
(this was one of the nice days between all the snow.)

I like to look in people's window's when I walk or drive by.  I'm just so curious about what other people do with their time.  I wonder what their house looks like on the inside, how it's decorated and where they place their furniture.  This might be partly because I've never been completely satisfied with my decorating 'skills' so I want to see what other people do and copy them.  I went house buying hunting with my SIL Rhonda on Saturday, awesome.  Love it even more when you can look around when the owners aren't there right?!

Some days there isn't enough hours in a day, others...well.  I tell no lies on here.  I say what's on my mind and what happens in my life.  In my spare time, I run, read, watch tv, computer stuf sleep and I bite my fingernails and eat chocolate.  That's right, that's about all I do.  (I hope to add golf and bike riding to that list if winter ever leaves.)
In my not spare time I make food.  I make way more and way better food now that we live in a house that I love than ever before.  I bake too, and that is why I run.  I play with the kids (i apparently should be using my precious spare time to play play dough with the kids too), I ignore the kids, I take the kids for walks, we go to the library and stay and play, do grocery shopping, hide from the kids and eat chocolate (or does that count as my time?), take pictures and visit our friends and family.  I go to work here and there.  And I clean and clean and clean and clean.  I guess that's about it.  (do you know that 1 year ago near the top of both lists would be go to the mall, longing sigh, i wish.)

In the words of Ron Burgundy, 'It's boring, but it's my life.'

4/52
(i don't know why my hair looks so gross in this picture, because i did actually do it today.  guess it needs a little summer sun)

So is this what life is?  You know when you actually leave the house and go to a place of work?Why do I sometimes feel like I have accomplished more and contributed to society more than if I was at home with the kids all day?  I have days were I feel so useless and go so crazy and think, 'Someone could probably do this better than me.  Some people are doing this better than me.  My poor kids.'  But then I think back to my purest childhood memories.  And I clearly remember wanting to be a mom.  And I have been blessed with the great 2 kids.  So here I am wiping bums and noses.  Getting dirty and cleaning up.  And at the end of the day when I think I have nothing to show for it, I see 2 kids, and that's what I did for the day.  And I'm not afraid to say I go crazy some days.  Or that it is boring some days.  I like it when people fess up to not being perfect.  Sometimes I like the mundane life that I live.  It makes me really dig to find 'exciting' things to pass the day, such as play dough and backwards pants.  

I guess that's why I like to peek in people's window's.  Just to maybe catch a glimpse into their not so perfect life.  Not because I want to be like, 'Ha, you're not perfect.'  More to be like 'Phew, you aren't perfect and neither am I.'

So open up your curtains (or blogs)  and let us see how imperfect your life is, and be proud of it.  Because perfect just isn't as fun.  What do you do with your time?  What do you think about when there isn't anything to think about?  What's your 'useless' pastime?  What are you doing?!

I don't know about this post, I guess I put the kids to bed too early.  I can't decide if I am being positive or negative, and probably too long.  But, now you know what I think about when there is nothing to think about.

If you didn't get the Ron Burgundy thing, here's James for a laugh.  I swear this time wasn't ignoring them or showering like the last couple incidents.  I went to the bathroom for like 1 minute.  Heard it all.  If I would have been gone longer I guess that entire milk jug would be on the floor.





24 comments:

The Jensens said...

well I totally creep your blog :) Oh I dont even know if you know me, but I rememebr you from YSA. I was Radelle Albers (best friends with jacqui iverson), roomates with jill passey and kelty heck, etc. Anyways, I dont know if you knew adam jensen, but I married him :)
Anywho....I dont even remember now how I found yoru blog (friend's link i assume) but I think you are hilarious!! and Soooo real. Im like you. I am totally in love with my life (and blog about that), but I blog about the crap as well. I have a 17month old boy andhes cute as a button and ive never loved anything more, but thank heavens for the internet because it gets BORING (and I run a wedding photography company and shoot 40 weddings a year, so how can i be bored??) but, yes, it happends!! I also am super curious about other people's lives (hence stalking yoru blog....) anyways, your adorable and real and I think your kids are super cute.
oh and if you want to read my blog just email me
radelle@hotmail.com :)

melissa said...

Lindsay, I love you and your honesty! As "exciting" as my single life may seem, it's not. I am dying to be a boring mom like you someday. Sometimes when I think about it, I can't imagine myself actually having my own kids and being a wife and mom. It seems like one of those far-off fantasies. Then I think about you and I'm like, "Ok, I could do it." Honestly, it kind of scares me to death. You are seriously such a good mom and your kids really are very lucky and very blessed to have such a cool mom! Keep blogging so I know what the heck to do whenever I finally get to that point in my life! I miss you!

marisajbaines said...

loved this post....oh and i blew up the picture with james in it just to see your wall color.. there i admited it....
p.s good wall color!

Anonymous said...

Lins, You make me laugh...I love that your 1st reaction to disaster is to take a pic (great for the blog!). I agree any life is boring at some point, but on high note, I was talking to your friend Sandra at work and told her I was your sister, she was soo excited that she gave me hug...she misses you.
Brooke

Lyndsay said...

Best Post EVER! It makes me so happy that your a little like me, I say little because I don't do as many useful things at home as you . Cleaning is at the bottom of my list of things I do and lately since the baby Ty watching TV is way up at the top. But I am doing a friends birthday for him so hopefully that will help in the mom category. And well I guess to be honest I kinda miss my job and using the other part of my brain. I feel thats where I have more talent, but needless to day I know your a GREAT mom to those two children!
Thanks for the honesty!

McCandless Co. said...

Ok so I am pretty sure I wrote that blog for you! Seriously I am the other person peeking in windows,blogs,closets, and pantries....and I do feel fairly useless and guilty for not doing enough. You just express yourself so much better than I do, so thanks for that. You really are too cute!

McCandless Co. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
whitney said...

Um, you showed up the other day and fully saw my doing nothing. House not clean, everyone in pjs in the middle of the afternoon. Heck, I didn't even have a bra on! I love to snoop too. Who doesn't!

Alysha Sladek said...

lindsay i LOVE reading your blog!! amen to everything you said!

Kristin Ross said...

I think we are all the same. Cord is always asking me why I always want to know what other people are doing even if I don't really know them...am I not satisfied with just my life? I think you answered it. You just learn from everyone else. (Oh, and you always get tons of comments so your life IS very interesting!)

Ashley Dawn said...

Well, in case the comments above didn't prove it. You're SO not alone. Everyone likes to measure up to other people and feels relief in other peoples short comings. I guess I know why you read my blog.... you should feel wonderful about yourself. I am one of those people looking into your life and thinking "she's doing a way better job than I am". You're awesome. I also love the wall colour. I can't wait to be in a house where I can paint!! Only one more year...

Just Rhonda said...

yep. you are real and so good. and i love that you will say things that sometimes others don't say but are all thinking. :) (and I look in windows when we drive by too....)

Christal said...

Can I just copy and paste that cause it is perfectly written I could have written the same things seriously!! I admit I too like to look in peoples windows when I run or am out, I like to see how people live and know that we are all alike even with all our imperfections! Love this post you are so fun!
BTW YOU are also a great mom!

DeAnna said...

Ditto. I think today is a perfect day for a post like this!!

Jacklyn said...

Lins when are we going to write our book??? And I have a strange habbit of looking in peoples shopping carts at the store. I think it says alot about peoples lives by what they eat. I am not judging them...just curious. Though I will admit that sometimes I want to say "um excuse me but did you know that that is full of artificial flavorings? try this one instead it's much better for you" but then Ramsey reminds me that that is creepy. Love you and love the post even though the last 2 comments you wrote me were making fun of me

Oler Family said...

That was so funny...I LOVE looking in people's houses too, I'm also a blog creeper!! I love reading your blog. It's so funny and I love how honest you are!

Melissa said...

I'm a fellow blog stalker too and i too look in peoples windows. If you go walking at night it's easier to see inside and they can't see you, just a tip! I loved this post, it's a gooder.

Susie said...

umm do our phone calls me nothing?? it's all so true that's why I can't wait to drop Sadie and James off at Grammas to see her do a better job or hope that I come back rejuvinated. I feel even more curious about the people here like what are they doing here... and kids at the park I'm always wondering if that is a nanny or a mom? not to judge just curious. and I'm hoping to find us a friend.I had something else to say but forgot.

Susie said...

Nice trying to make the green wall look not so bright flourescent green NICE.

Brittany said...

I like to see what the neighbors behind me are watching on tv and then I realize that they are probably watching me in my skivvies watching them, and JD and I used to sit in the laundry room so that we could hear our neighbors arguing (at our condo)...so our life wasn't all that exciting. You really do fantastic posts. I do have to say after having our house on the market that having people snoop in your house is rather invasive. We had a showing and didn't know it and I had the clean laundry on the couches, unflushed toilets, leftover breakfast etc.... Apparently it looked a little too lived in cause the people didn't buy it!

lynz said...

after reading all of these comments and your amazing blog, i vote that you put on a little blogger party where you teach people to write cool blogs like you :) i mean 20 comments has to say something about your skill!

Kristi Drennan said...

Hi -- blog stalker here!

What can I say...you crack me up!

And be flattered...some people's blogs that I checked out...don't make the cut! :)

Caylee said...

Oh Lindsay! I love all your posts, Jackie & I were just talking about how we love reading your blog because you are real and we all feel the same but don't express it as well as you do. I'm going to try to remember that my next post. P.S. The mall misses you too. ;)

The Lowry's said...

I love reading your real life posts. I should do more of those because our lives our far from perfect although I seem to only post the perfect and fun things. I should make it more real to life.