Thursday, March 12, 2009

signs of james


Since there are no signs of spring around here, I thought I'd show you a few signs of James.  I was packing up a few things to head to Raymond for a couple days to visit Susie before she moves to New York for a few months.  I went to find my camera and noticed the destruction that took place while I was ignoring the children for no more than 15 minutes (i may or may not have been on the computer for some of that time.) So I decided to take pictures of everything I found along the way.  I did not change anything.  This is all as I found it.  The first 2 were at breakfast time.  Who knows when the rest happened, I just happened to notice it today. Whatever happened to just playing with toys?


(nice mess in the background, sign of James, but the pants are the best part.  Sign of James dressing himself.)


(rear view.)

(i don't know if you can you see the crayon on the wall.  note the banana in the background?  I did not peel a banana)

(I'm not sure what was happening here, but some sort of stunt I assume.) 

(had to go through a few outfits first)


(this is the stool he pushed to climb on the counter so he could get into the cupboard for his bottle.)

(I heard this one happening, it may have been around the time Alli was involved, see below.)

(I wiped down that fridge yesterday.  I could wash it every day.)


(I thought I was done, and went to make lunch and found this, gave me a little laugh.  the dented milk jug is from Alli.  She's trying to feed herself these days, but the jug was a little full)

Alli came up to me and said 'Sorry I broke your spoon mom.'  So I went looking for a broken spoon.  Lately there aren't too many signs of Alli, more SOUNDS.  LOUD sounds.  Whining and crying for treats and candy.  It's making me crazy.  This isn't new behavior for her, but it's worse than her usual.  She wakes up in the morning begging for cookies and is still crying at night for candy and all day in between.  Does anyone else have a sugar driven child like this?

9 comments:

Karen said...

Oh you know I do!!!! Just be grateful that you no longer live in Greenfield ward where a certain dentists and his family (whose names will remain undisclosed) feed your 4 year old candy for an hour straight every Sunday!!! BTW, I have made a deal with the afore mentioned dentist, that any cavities that may occur in the mouth of my four year old are the sole responsibility of the dentist and his family!!!
Sam is actually insane, and he doesn't eat anything health except the occasional PB and J sandwich for lunch! ( he usually licks the jam off first and leaves the rest.)
I consulted with his "Pediatrician"... his comment was "Well, what are you eating during the day?" What the heck is that suppose to mean? (I did just buy a huge bag of cadbury mini eggs at wallmart last night, but that has nothing to do with it what so ever!!!) I am done.

Melissa said...

I'm glad others have signs of there children all over the house too. And i have to say i have a 2 yr. old that LOVES pop, he asks for it all day long too. So let me know if anything works with Alli.

Just Rhonda said...

HeeHee James is totally trouble. :)
Cute trouble!

Ashley Dawn said...

I think I'd be too scared to take pictures of the signs of Saryn. Almost everything she says to me these days starts with, "Mom, I'm sorry that....." glad to hear that I'm not alone.

KellyLady said...

Ali and Zane would make a perfect sugar match. He eats his # of bites of whatever and then bargains for a treat - even after breakfast. It's driving me nuts as well!

The Lowry's said...

Your kids are hilarious. The things they say and do! Makes me laugh, probably not you though. Guess I'm glad that my kids don't leave 'signs' for me, yet that is. I'm sure Bryce will, he is a little more mischievous than his sister ever was. Cute post.

melissa said...

haha! I love your kids.

Susie said...

probably the stunt and pants were my fav. ha ha ha he he he. I'll know if James is around because it could quite possibly followed by a Sadie scream.

Stephanie said...

hey lins, I checked out your blog, so I thought I should leave a comment so you know. How was was race? I notice Derek bailed!