Saturday, March 07, 2009

are you kidding me?

note the title? all phrases in bold to be said with the title phrase before. you know the tone.

-are these kids really this cute?!


-do we really have to shovel the driveway...again? nope, i quit, kids job now.


-can these kids even feel the cold?



-am i really in charge of these kids? and am i the one who is supposed to do their hair everyday? (yes alli wears that backpack all the time, you can see she's wearing it in the pic abouve too.)


-does he really have to dress himself everyday? (yes, my mom and i cut off the booty shorts to make yet another jersey for the child that wants to wears 'game shirts' every day.)


-did he really cry off and on for 3 HOURS in the middle of the night to play basketball? (the answer is yep, he did. his obsession is suddenly not so cute anymore.)


-does he really have to meltdown like this daily? (this is the result if me trying to dress him.  he wanted sweats or something for church)


-why can't it just be nice out so we can be outside where i don't have to clean?

-have i really been working my butt off (but not really working it off) for months at the gym and still not seeing the results? (sure i can run faster, but i'm vain and want MUSCLES!)

-did i really pull out the camera and set the timer to put myself in a picture only to find Caylee's fun new project hours later? (i'm excited for this one, i think. maybe next time i'll wear makeup for the picture.)

-is this really all the grass that grew in our entire backyard after our hours and hours of slaving away last fall? REALLY?!

-yep, they really are this cute! and yep, we have friends here too! and now your thinking are kidding me? lindsay has friends? ok, a friend.

16 comments:

Caylee said...

That was awesome - where do you come up with this? I loved reading it all, and YAY for the pic of you & Alli. Much cuter than me and Tatum, but I think I won't use Sam as a photographer anymore!!!

ashley b said...

I love the post. Porter must have had a great time because he actually had a good nap friday and woke up asking for "jams"!

Christal said...

you have the best posts love this one!! Love all the pics too! I can't believe we still have snow to enough already eh! Where is spring!! And yes your kids really are that cute! Have a good week! ttys

melissa said...

Yes your kids really are that cute. Yes I do think the backpack is hilarious, and yes I did laugh when you said you cut the one piece jersey to make a real jersey. Oh James - such a funny boy.

Alysha Sladek said...

you're too funny! i loved this post.

Karen said...

I must say... Your kids are so dang cute!!

Brittany said...

once again another good one...and yes they really are that cute..reneseme paha!!

Ashley Dawn said...

Your posts are always so hilarious. Love the pictures. You look great in that picture too. It's awesome!

Susie said...

wondering the same thing myself ... where did your kids get so cute, I think mine has the same problem!? I love Alli hard at work and I can almost hear James say 'Game Game" But "Bad Boy" is my fav.

whitney said...

I have given up on thinking spring will come.
Thanks for the random stop by. As if you picked the craziest messiest day!
I owe you a random stop by now!

Arrington's said...

Are you always this clever? (in bold print) Yes I think you are. You have inspired me to put more effort into my random thought. Also congrats on the friend making..it's not as easy as one might think..i'm still working on it...

Jacklyn said...

I have a bad habbit of looking at your blog and then not commenting. I looked at this the other day oops. And YES YOU ARE REALLY THAT CLEVER. And I love how Jade is a die hard blogger and then she disappears for a while and then resurfaces haha

Candice said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Those kids are adorable....
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? You are HyStErIcAl!!!!

Oler Family said...

You are so funny! I love all the pictures. How cute is Alli and James in their little hats? That is so funny about your grass!!

Karen said...

O.K how did you know the PLAY DOUGH post was just for you??!!!
Make the enchiladas, they were so good! The fresh veggies made it so yummy!
Looking forward to the play dough post!!
Tip for the "neat freak" in all of us... Put the play dough on a big cookie sheet, it kinda contains the mess...kinda!!!

Anonymous said...

I miss you, Lindsay!!! you crack me up ;). I have finally joined the blog world and am drifting away from facebook. Your kids are so big now, too!! loved reading it.