Friday, November 21, 2008

love the nursery!

I'm not sure how it happened that I left my chubby cheek up there for a week. Time for a new post. However I can't believe what a wimp I am because it still HURTS!


Anyway, it was a glorious day last Sunday. (Along with the usual gloriousness that church always brings.) James had his first day in nursery! Can we say YIPPEE?!! Ok, it's mostly yippee for Derek. Other than the 3 months this summer in Raymond, I have been a teacher in primary since Alli was a baby. (and before that too, don't get me started on my 4 years of the last 6 teaching 4 year olds.) So Derek has been in the young mens with James or Alli, teaching Sunday School with James, and in the Elders Quorum too with the little monster. Now, he is a free man. Too bad on his 1st Sunday without James it was the Primary presentation in sacrament meeting and I was on the stand the whole time enjoying a good laugh watching Derek with the 2 of them.

(there's that eyes closed hug from Alli.)

James did great in nursery, of course. Alli was all excited to take him for "the toys and lessons and singing too, ok James."

Here's a few things our little 18 month old James is up to these days;

-talking, he tries to say EVERYTHING. He is on his way to being as much of a chatter box as his sister.
-climbing, which gets him into all his usual trouble.
-falling off of what he climbs, note the bruise.
-begging to go outside.
-it's thin, but he has hair these days!
-he loves to give hugs and say sorry. (even if it was Alli who hit him, he still says sorry to her.)

-cries for his daddy all the time.
-is already kind of sensitive to others' feelings. (I know that sounds weird for such a little kid, but he really pays attention to how kids are acting sometimes, especially for kids around his age or younger.)
-always want to be part of the action in the kitchen when I'm cooking, love that...
-still loves to get dressed right down to his shoes in the morning.
-never watches tv (and I can't drag Alli away some days. where's the happy medium?)
-always asking to sit on the potty. Not cool, I'm clearly not potty training him. He really goes sometimes, but I refuse to get into that, which leads me to the next newest joy he brings,
-any random time during the past 4 nights taking off his pyjamas and diaper and, ahem, well there's been a lot of laundry. I finally got smart he's wearing a onesie under his pj's tonight. If that doesn't work, I'm seriously getting out the duck tape.
-James sleeps good 90% 0f his nights. I don't want to jinx it, but YAY!
-and the best of all, when that little whirlwind child slows downs, he gives a good little cuddle.

15 comments:

KellyLady said...

You seriously have beautiful kids!

whitney said...

I hate you. Roman did one week at nursery by himself. And apparently I jinxed myself by posting about it. Because last week he only lasted 45 minutes and they had to come find me he was crying so bad. We will see what today brings. Should I just be flattered that my kid doesn't want to leave me? Doubt it! But yippee for James!

Alysha Sladek said...

those are the cutest pictures!!!! yay for nursery!!! lucky girl ;) i had to laugh out loud when you said you were laughing at derek during the primary presentation... i'd love to see jimmy with all the kids through sacrament too :)

Brittany said...

seriously so cute...and make sure and tak a pic if you actually duck tape his diaper, i'm dying just thinking about it. cant wait to see you tomorrow!!

Brittany said...

ps lucy gives the eyes closed hug and so 90 % of our pics with her and evie are with her eyes closed

The Lowry's said...

Your kids are even cuter in real life!
I also was going to comment that the kids halloween costumes were really cute. Man, that seems like forever ago. I agree with you on the whole gym thing. Good for you for at least making the effort to go.

Just Rhonda said...

yeah for nursery!!!!

Arrington's said...

Laken has gone to nursery by herself for three weeks and counting!...hey my goal was to get her to go by the time the baby was here so I'm happy. James is adorable it makes me excited to see what a little boy personality will be like.

Susie said...

Sadie wants to come & play. She needs someone who is sensitive to her needs, james is so sweet. How is he so sweet yet so wild too. Oh I love that guy. and oh my that diaper stunt is DIASASTER. yikes. I'll get up at 5:30 anyday over that.

DeAnna said...

Isn't Nursery just wonderful!!! Lucky for me I live in a tiny ward, the size of a branch, where the nursery has allowed both my kids to attend for longer than in a larger ward. Brandi started when she was one & absolutely loved it and still does a year later. Hopefully your little man continues loving it too.

Ashley Dawn said...

awww, that's awesome. He's such a cute boy!!

Jess said...

I love hearing about other little 18 month olds. I love their little personalities.

Jaime said...

I'm counting down the months until nursery for us! Hope your teeth (or lack of) are feeling better soon!

Jacklyn said...

Hey Lins the Duct tape thing works...Emily had huge success taping Logan into his jammies every night...Hilarious

melissa said...

I seriously love your kids! Love the eyes closed Alli hugs too. She never ceases to make me laugh! Congrats on the nursery stuff, and don't worry...my boss's twins are into taking off their diapers too, so they do the onesie thing at night and duct tape during the day. Sooo funny and white trash, but hey, it works! Miss you!!