Saturday, November 15, 2008

i've lost my wisdom

Well, I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday. I had 2 on the right side. It wasn't near as painful or torturous as so many of my visits to the dentist in the past have been.  They had to dig around and drill out some bone on the bottom one for an hour and then stitch it up, but the top only took 10 mins.  So much better than the 3 hours it took to take out 1 wisdom tooth years ago.



I'm just so happy that for once something involving my teeth wasn't some big complicated ordeal like it usually has been.  I have the weirdest mouth ever.  I won't even get started on the many many problems my teeth seem to find.

Derek took the kids out to Raymond to play today so I could be useless at home...and I was.  I had plans to do some good hardcore cleaning, but the throbbing pains put a little damper on that plan and I just watched movies with no popcorn instead.  I'm starving by the way.  Soup and ice cream isn't really doing it for me.  And the taste of blood?  Edward has it all wrong, I'm sick with this taste in my mouth. (in between movies I started the 3rd Twilight)

9 comments:

Susie said...

Yuck, poor you. I was hoping to see you all puffy but not in pain. You'd think we could have some good recipes for food you know since we've had braces for soo long. I wish I could bring you some yogourt and delicious mush.

Jacklyn said...

Oh you poor thing now just don't go and mow your lawn and chop up your foot...people will ask why getting your wisdom teeth out is making you limp?? haha do you remember what i'm talking about?

Oler Family said...

ouch! I had mine out a couple years ago and it wasn't fun! To this day I think about the pain every time I eat Jello!!I'm gonna catch up to you i'm almost done the 2nd book! I hope you're feeling better soon!

Ashley Dawn said...

haha, your so funny. Who else would be thinking about Edward because they got their wisdom teeth out?!? Okay, besides everyone reading a twilight book... I got my wisdom teeth out the day before I went on my first date with Jarett. Obviously he wasn't in for the looks... He just likes chipmunks. You look great though....really!

Melissa said...

I love the Edward joke! When your kids read this in 20 years they'll be like "who is Edward?" I feel for ya with the teeth i too hate being the patient at the dental office!

Christal said...

but look at you you still look beautiful! Not fun though thats for sure I had mine out a couple of years ago and its wasn't near as bad as I expected after all the horror stories I always heard!
Love the edward comment too right there with you! To funny ! hope all else is good! ttys

Just Rhonda said...

ouch! I remember that HURTS!! Hope you feel better soon!

Alysha Sladek said...

ow. so sorry to hear that!! i hear ya on teeth being a problem, man could we have fun telling stories ;) hope you're feeling better soon!!

Christal said...

just had to add and laugh that you knew my brother mark/Leif in edmonton he is fun and funny eh!! Crazy kid, now I have another brother there and now everybody says oh I know your brother soren! Seriously my brothers are clowns and have a million friends!
Fun that you knew him anyway! ttys