Monday, March 03, 2008

nothing


Alli came across this and had to try it on. She couldn't keep it on for very long. It was about to make her fall over.


How can you not LOVE this face?!


Seriously, nothing is going on around here. So excited for my mom to come up and visit tomorrow. It's been the same old routine around here for the last little while and we are ready for something new. Alli is rather excited too. She talked on the phone the other day to my mom and all she remembers is when Grandma come we are making cookies!

This mom business. I have many insights into being a stay at home mom, or a mom at all really, but I won't get into that tonight because it's late. I'll try and keep the ramblings to a minimum. We'll talk about 2 year olds. Apparently 3 is the new 2. So what is going to happen when Alli is 3? Alli is about 2 and a half and has been rather exceptional in her behavior up to this point for the most part. But, recently some sort of monster takes over and she LOSES it for no reason.
I'm talking yelling, screaming, kicking, neighbor coming out of the apartment to see what sort of torture I am putting my child through tantrum as I am literally dragging her out the door. (true story) So I am not quite sure what to do with the beast.
Now it's not like she is a bear all day every day. It comes when it is time to leave the house most often. (unless we are going to blow bubbles outside or if we are going to watch basketball. Which reminds me of a picture I need to take of what she wears every time I say the word basketball) This sweet little girl who used to BEG to leave to house would rather watch movies and eat sugar all day. I am at a loss, hence the dragging out the door. This may last anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour. And for no reason at all she may at any point during the day decide that a tantrum is necessary. I have no idea what to do with her. (and I have decided to not stress about small amount of food she is eating these days)
Somebody give me hope that this is not what is in store for he next 16 years! And Rhonda, all I can say is I'm glad I'm not pregnant while going through this. Hey wait, maybe there was a good reason for James to make his early appearance. And sweet little James is just that. He is so special and I think I need to remember that more often, even at 3 am. We let him cry it out the last 4 nights with VERY disappointing results. The day time is when I get my happy James. These last few nights have taken away my smiley day James, and brought out the very worst of night James. So I think I'm quitting the cry it out for now. And I hate quitting.
I think we ALL are in desperate need for a visit from Grandma!

Here is the excitement these days.


12 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

hahaha i always thought it was the terrible twos, but nope, it's the threes... you just have to find what works, and when you do, wanna pass it along? ella's driving me up the wall! love the pics, by the way ;)

Caylee said...

i love the football pic - so very cute. As for terrible tantrums, we all go through it, we all can't believe our sweet baby could act this way and it all passes! You need to come over!

whitney said...

I'll be hitting 2 1/2 with a newborn. Lucky me.

Jaime said...

Yay, something for me to look forward to!

melissa said...

It's so hard to think that precious little face under the helmet (such a cute picture!) can throw such a tantrum. I wish I had advice, but I am childless. What a treat it will be for your mom to come. I want to squish little James every time I see him. So cute! Anyway...I will be at my Portland address until about April 4, and then I'm back to beautiful Las Vegas! (32 days!) :) Good luck with Alli.

Just Rhonda said...

Love the pictures!!!

And Lucy is still right there with Alli! Having some crazy fits. Although she hasn't had one in about 3 days.... which is a LONG time for her current little sassy self!

Good luck with the sleeping with James!!!

Susie said...

Yeah Granmmas can't fix just about anything, or at least give ya a needed break and spoil your kids (which means you 2) oh James so cute when I see him in the day, & I think I have yet to see a true tantrum from Alli (can't wait) Alli is a little sports star basketball & football

KellyLady said...

Hey! Zane had the same prob with leaving the house for awhile...I started giving him lots of warning like "we're going to put our shoes on and go to the store in 10 minutes"..and then 5 and then 2 and then we did it. I have a friend who used a timer and it helped most of the time. And it does get better! Crying it out didn't work for either of my kids so don't feel bad about giving it up for now.
And thank goodness for Grandmas who can come and save us!

Melissa said...

HA HA!! I'm glad to hear it's not just boys, Peyton usually has his little tantrums when we're in public so it really makes me look like the crazy mom. He even yells out "stop that mom your hurting my arm!" What a brat eh? So time outs work for us most of the time, even in a store! Good Luck...

Oler Family said...

I love the picture of James playing with the doll house. Olivia got one for Christmas and Carter plays with it more than she does. Jesse hates it but I think it's cute!

Mindi said...

Haha, I love that helmet! Um, I can't help you with the "terrible 2" situation, although I've heard Dr. Phil say when they throw a tantrum you do it too...but she might not catch onto that! ??? Haha! I'm sure in 2 years I'll be posting the same thing!

Jacklyn said...

oh that makes me feel good that Alli can be a devil I already told you about Luke's latest picture taking meltdown, I was actually giving him jelly beans so that he would stop hitting me in the face and smile for the stupid photographer. seriously though Luke went through the not wanting to leave the house thing and so I would let him take his soother with him. how strict are you on only bed time??