Wednesday, April 25, 2007

i am sooooo pregnant


So I was watching American Idol for few minutes tonight because Derek wasn't home. (he refuses to watch) It was some big fundraiser show. Il Divo had just started their song when I turned it on and I was bawling within seconds. Then a few minutes later I was at it again with Carrie Underwood. Don't worry, Rascal Flats did nothing for me, but I had to turn it off when I heard Josh Groban was coming up with an African boys choir. These pregnant emotions, so random. I really don't like watching all the sad kids stuff because it's so overwhelming, and not just for pregnant ladies. All I feel like I can do right now is love my kid(s) and do my best to provide for them. Yes provide all the physical and temporal things, but even more the emotional and learning things too. It makes me so happy when Alli folds her arms for prayers or tries to say Jesus when she looks at pictures. And sure she gets excited when I turn on cartoon some days, but when I say "outside" or "walk" it's a whole different kind of excitement, because she gets to explore the world.

Ok, enough of that cheesy. Alli is loving the weather right now and so am I. I feel like I talk about the weather soooo much on here, and that is so lame to me. Is that really what I feel compelled to talk about? But, when I'm cooped up all winter for the worst winter ever (and I was raised by weather obsessed dad) then yes, that is all there is to talk about sometimes. So I was outside chatting with my neighbor last night and Alli was playing with the other kids until almost 9 o'clock and loving it. (I was really loving it because Susie was doing all the ch ashing around...thank you! She might not be so quick with the chasing in the coming months) I love passing the time outside rather than in. The house doesn't get messy when you're not in it!






So a few weeks ago after my last ultrasound my due date got moved up officially a little for various reasons (maybe because I'm so huge) which is always nice to take off 10 days. So it's May 5th, just 10 more days. But, at the dr yesterday, he said it doesn't look like I'll be having this baby in the next week. Which is good I guess. Don't really want another 3 week early 5 pound baby who doesn't eat like Alli. So I'll just keep waddling around and waiting. Derek is done his last final tomorrow so that will be nice to not have to worry about having a baby in the middle of studing or taking a test. But, he is going to Red Deer for work on the 1-3 of May so we better hold off until he's back from there too!

7 comments:

whitney said...

Ah the weather, we are loving it too. I would love it a bit more if I had grass in my front yard, but we are working on that. Check my blog, you'll be impressed. I actually got another post in before the month is up! Can't wait to see pictures of that baby boy! You better call me when he comes!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsay, what is Derek coming to Red Deer for? Tell him to look us up if he gets bored! Alli is such a cutie and I can't wait to see pics of the little boy. Hope all goes well! Take care

Anonymous said...

you are afabulous mom, fab kid... and yeah i am a great aunt eh?. hope i am alli's fav. outside is soo great, can't get enough

Anonymous said...

linds it is ok because i watched it too and i cryed and yes brady sat there and laughed! i would like to say that it is all the because i am prego but i am a baldry and you know that means i come by it honestly! heck i was fighting tears just reading your first paragraph!!!! i am so excited for you guys and i can't wait to come visit! love ya guys!

Mindi said...

Hey Lindsay...I go through those emotional times too, except I cry everytime I watch "Extreme Makeover Home Edition". Talk about tear-jerker of all pregnant tear-jerkers!! I hear your having a boy, me too! July 1st! When are you due? And tell Susie she needs a page so we can keep in touch!
Taker easy! ~Mindi~

Amy said...

Lindsay,
Came across your blog through Melissa Karren. Your little girl is SOO cute. Congrats on your soon-to-be new baby.
Amy (fairbanks) Olthuis
(how random, I know)

Just Rhonda said...

I'm getting excited to see that new little baby of yours!!! Me and the kiddos will come up soon after you have him for some pictures and a visit.