Thursday, May 03, 2007

regressing?


I've heard of kids regressing when a new sibling is born. I guess I'm really in for it if Alli is doing it already and the baby isn't even here yet! My cousin Rashelle brought over the swing and bouncy chair she had borrowed for Melia today. The first thing Alli did was climb right into the swing.



It was good timing to bring back the chair too because I babysat a 5 month old baby for a few hours in the afternoon. (and I'm babysitting a 6 week old baby tomorrow ahhh, we'll see how that goes...) He sat in the chair for a while which was good because I realized I was not in much of a condition to cuddle a baby with my belly in the way. So for the rest of the day Alli was climbing in and out of the chair. Then she got her bunny and soother and just layed there for a while. I hope she gets it out of her system now.

Melia is almost 8 months, so they didn't exactly play together. It was more teaching Alli to share and not scratch Melia's face off. I couldn't get the 2 girls to smile and look at the same time of course. So at least they are both looking



We were busy on the weekend cleaning the house. I did the no fun wash walls and baseboards kind of things and I FINALLY got Alli's room under control. It's super cute. I even saved some wall space for pictures to hang of the baby even though they probably won't be sharing a room for a while. I'm all ready to have this baby. The house is still clean from Friday (yay!) I have all the laundry done (which won't last I guess) Derek gets back from Red Deer tonight. And we even went on a date last Saturday. So any time now would be great, but there's no sign of him coming yet.

And here's the little troublemaker, always finding something to get into. I knew it was way to quiet...




Alli is going to miss her pillow.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

hey girl, still hanging in there i see. i was hoping i wouldn't see you online these days or if i did with a pic of a baby boy. that's a good think alli is getting all her exploring in of the new toys before the baby comes. what are you going to name this little guy? ok i'm ready for you to have this baby i just had a thought come to me and it was when you told me you were pregnant...back at Christmas! that seems forever ago...i feel your pain! eat chocolate!!!!!

whitney said...

Such cute pictures! I think if Roman tried to climb into his swing he would break it. We got the bumbo chair out for someone to borrow and he thought it was the funniest thing to climb in and out of it though. Good luck with the baby. Can't wait to hear the news.

melissa said...

Oooh, any day now! I'm so excited for you! I think Alli will be ok. She'll get it all out of her system and then she'll be a good big sister. Good luck in the next couple of weeks!

Anonymous said...

well the donuts are done so i'll finish th equilt by Monday I would be so excited to come on Tues or Wed. Dad goes to Saskton one of those days. I am excited
mo

Mindi said...

Hey Lins, you are looking cute still! I'll be in your position in a couple weeks, I have 8 to go! I'm sure Alli will be fine. I know with Ian and Teryn, they got him a toy everytime the baby got something, so he wasn't left out. Just an idea. Make her feel like the "big helper", it'll be fun! Good luck, and let us know what you are naming him!

Rashelle said...

Cute picture of the two girls together, especially considering they were not cooperating at all. Good luck the next few days, I can't wait to see the new baby!

Just Rhonda said...

Sounds like you are all ready. :) Now you just get to wait. That little Alli looks like she can get into trouble. ARen't you calm that you can take a picture while she's making a mess! Can't wait to see the new babe too!

Amy said...

Can I just say how jelous I am of Alli's hair. Aren't Alli and CeCe right around the same age? How sad for my poor CeCe.