Wednesday, February 28, 2007

a little of everything



So I'm kind of excited for February to be over. Well, really I'm just looking forward to some not winter weather. Hopefully that is what March brings. Some above zero weather. I'm so spent with winter this year. Poor Alli is so spent with being stuck inside all day. She has started to go get her shoes and bang on the door with them. I feel bad for her, she gets so stir crazy. Alli is getting so smart and "talking" tons. She just cracks me up every day. I'm sure I'll be laughing even harder when she actually says real words. I'll restrain myself from being to much of a mom and telling a bunch of stories!

So on Friday night, Derek and I got away for the night. Just to a new hotel outside of town. We left Alli with Susie and Ryan. (thanks sooooo much!) It was so fun. We went out to eat and found the BEST dessert buffet ever. Went swimming and just hung out together, went to breakfast the next morning and some shoppping. Wanted to go to a movie, but I am getting way too huge for that to be any fun. I've never been away from Alli for so long (which wasn't even quite 24 hours). She did sooo good for Ryan and Susie. It was a nice break for us. And it probably won't happen again for quite a while so I'm glad we did it. And here's what I found on the camera when I got back. Alli getting some slurpee, from Uncle Ryan I'm sure!


The other day, Derek rented a movie and he bought Over the Hedge for Alli. (I think this is the 3rd or 4th kid movie he's bought and she hasn't watched one yet) I swear he's trying to turn her into a tv watcher. I'm sure she'll turn into one like every other kid, but I planned on prolonging it a little longer. She usually watches for 10 or 15 minutes when she is tired and I like that because I get to cuddle while she watches. Well, for some reason when Derek put this one in, she was all into it. I was in the kitchen and she snuck into the fridge when I had it open and grabbed an apple. Then she went back to the tv and pulled out her chair and was all into it for a good half hour. Just laughing and making faces and eating her apple.





I had to put up this picture too. I think I've put up Alli's messy spaghetti faces more than once, but here's another one anyway. When it was time for Alli to have supper the other Derek and I weren't hungry yet, so of course we made her favorite. Derek says, don't worry I'll feed her tonight, you relax. Yeah, this was the finished product. Smart guy, he also volunteered to do the bath following.


I guess I'll put up one more picture. This is why I haven't put up a belly shot as requested. Because I always look like this. I just can't help but put comfy clothes on as the day goes on. And my hair and make up don't quite get done everyday. I got to wear scrubs for work all the time when I was pregnant with Alli, and that is like being in comfy pyjamas all day. It was great. One of these days I'll get a true shot of my ever growing self. Only 2 and half months to go!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

lindsay you are so stinkin cute. i love you little belly! i just look like im getting fat. alli is getting so big i can't stand it, we need to make a trip up there real soon.

whitney said...

Come on, I want a real prego picture! Such cute pictures of Alli eating the apple. Roman isn't really a tv watcher. He just has it on for background noise when he plays - I can't stand silence and we have no stereo/computer upstairs. He stops to watch when there is music on a show or comercial, that's about it. But he loves baby Einstein.
So glad we got to see you guys for a minute when you were down for reading week.

melissa said...

haha! Those pics of Alli watching the movie are adorable! what a crack up. I agree with Whitney, I want a real prego picture too! That one, though hidden by Alli, looks cute. My sister in law had a cute little belly too. Embrace, Lins, embrace. Hey...is Brooke saying that she's prego too by that comment? Just confused and curious! :)

Just Rhonda said...

Cute cute pictures. How about when we go down south i'll take some belly shots! Lucy won't waych tv yet. i kinda wish she would! love all the pictures.

Anonymous said...

I deserve some credit for Alli's new found ability to watch a movie.
Afterall, on her last trip down I had her totally focused on movie trailers on the computer screen.
She just wanted more and more, never lost interest.

Dad

melissa said...

oh man! all of those aunts and uncles with the same names really must be confusing for alli....and me! :) man, i was thinking that if it was your sister brooke, that was really fast! whew! how fun anyway!! by the way, i'm with you...the longer they don't watch tv the better. i'm down with books and imagination, but i'm not a mom yet, so maybe i'll change my mind some day. ;)