Wednesday, February 07, 2007

such a poser

She's a poser, but only for like 2 seconds and then on to something else. Then maybe a pose for a second and it's gone. So I caught her taking a quick break on the couch, and then gone again of course.


I've recently decided I don't hate cooking as much as I thought I did, but I hate cleaning the kitchen after more than I thought I did, and I only like grocery shopping at Costco or Superstore where there is more to lookat than just food. So there is no increase or decrease in meals made at all, much to the dismay of Derek I'm sure.

On the topic of food, I really want Alli to like oatmeal. I like it in the winter. And it's so easy to make. We started out with cream of wheat and she loved it, but I don't really like it that much. I've heard you have to try new foods 15 or 20 times before you can say your kid doesn't like it. Well, I've been at since October. I try it once or twice a week. I tried plain oatmeal. I tried lots of different flavors. I tried adding yogort or fruit. I tried cold and hot and inbetween. No luck. I'm sure I've made it to the 15-20 mark by now. She has finished a bowl maybe 3 or 4 random times. The rest have been a few bites and she's done. So I'm wondering if I should keep with the trying. I'm a little sad about it. This week I decided to let her feed it to herself. She mostly just dipped the spoon adn pretended to eat. Sure she looks happy like shes enjoying it, but that was about the only real bite she took before things got crazy and oatmeal was everywhere but in her mouth.



At least once a day Alli heads over to her piano and chair. She pulls out the chair to the middle of the room and tugs at the piano, but she can't really move it by herself. I move the piano in front of the chair and she sits at it and plays and dances. It's cute. Tonight I had the Primary songs on. Alli likes to "sing" along for a minute or two. I was just playing the songs from my itunes and after the primary songes were over what else is next but Prince. So the first song on my list of course is Kiss. At first she just started smiling and really boucing her legs. It was hilarius. Then she started rockin out and running around and dancing. I was all by myself laughing. It reminded me of just the other day, we were in the car. The song Da Funk by Daft Punk came on. I turn around and see Alli bobbing her head along. She seriously rocks out to all that kind of music with a beat and good base. I better get it on video one of these days.



If anyone decided to jump on the declutter and organize your house train with me, I hope you saw Oprah today. She had on the guy who wrote the book I was looking at in Costco last week. That house on the show would make you feel just fine about any secret mess you are hiding. In my cleaning this week I have decided I don't have to to much clutter. Mostly I just don't have places for a lot of things, which is the way it goes in an apartment I guess. Now what I really need is to organzie.

4 comments:

whitney said...

I don't mind the cooking or the cleaning, the worst part for me is trying to think of something to cook.
I saw some of that Oprah and it did make me feel better about my house. We spent all last weekend organizing and declutering. We still have more to do, but I feel so much better. And now that I have started and seen the results I think it will be easier to keep going. Today I actually bought a label maker, how dorkey is that! But it is so much fun. My new favorite trick to orgaizing is to have lots of containers to organize in and then label them.
I think your next post should have a picture of you and your cute little belly so those of us who don't get to see you can still see that baby growing.

Anonymous said...

Until I was 19 I thought my mother ate her oatmeal after taking care of the kdis and getting them off to school. It was always taken up and in a bowl at her place at the table. When I came home from first year university in April and the kids went to school she slipped up and put the oatmeal out to the dog in my presence. Only then did I find out my mother hated porridge in all forms and rarely if ever had eaten what had been taken up for her.
At least Alli likes cream of wheat.

Anonymous said...

awww I love Alli!! Oh some days what I would give to have 20 of her over 20 of my students. Oh well I gotta get a better attitude. I'll have to get my fill of her when i can

Just Rhonda said...

That photo of Alli with the oatmeal is too funny! Alden will only eat oatmeal and not cream of wheat.
As for the cooking, you need to make a plan. Make a plan for the week and shop for what you need, you'll save money AND you won't be unprepared and get that I am not going to cook cause I don't know what to make! (I'm doing mine for next week right now)
And I wanna see your belly too!