Wednesday, February 14, 2007

here's some more



Here is my little cupid with her Valentines day clothes on.














Nothing special for us on this day. Derek has 2 midterms tomorrow.

I think Valentines is a fun day. Kind of an excuse for love day.
Also an excuse for sugar cookies day and I didn't make any. But I would have eaten some had they been around.

So many things to love in my life. I like to love my things everyday, so it's really no different today. I don't get my hopes up for anything to exciting in the flowers or gifts or surprises department because well...I'm married to Derek. I love that I can count on 2 fingers the amount of times he's given me flowers in our 5 or 6 years together. He's so good to me, I don't want all that. I want things like for him to watch Alli while I nap. And to drive me places when I don't want to drive on the icy roads. And to carry Alli while we did WAAAAY to much shopping today. And to make Alli giggle so hard I can't stop laughing either. And to tell me he "likes my hair when it's short, long, brown, blonde, pretty or ugly." (thats a quote from him tonight) Now THAT is what I love to name a few. If it wasn't almost midnight I would go on. So I won't even start with Alli and the many many (ie; chocolate and all food lately really) other loves in my life.

However...
On the topic of love. My cousin Christy got married on Saturday. SUCH a cute couple. So happy for them. Good luck in Saskatoon Christy! It was a fun day. My parents were up for a day for it. Here's a quick shot. Christy was beautiful. Her dress was so beautiful, I wish I had a picture of the whole thing.





A picture says a thousand words, so does my child apparently.


My dad took these on the weekend. I thought they were pretty funny. She seriously gets into her little world on the phone. Just chit chatting away. I swear I don't know where she gets it from...



























4 comments:

Just Rhonda said...

Happy V-Day!!!! Love the pics of Alli on the phone!

Anonymous said...

When Lindsay and her sibs were home there was a time they thought there should be a kid's phone. In the pre-cell era Lindsay, even at a young age, did not like being limited on the phone when I was on call. Now we see the proof of the wisdom of parents in saying no to the extra phone. It can start young, very young in fact.

Dad

whitney said...

I made sugar cookies for Valentines day and I was remembering how we made them together last year. I wanted to try and mail some to you, but decided they would probably arive broken in a million pieces. And they would hvae been late for Valentines day. Another time maybe. Cute pictures, but I am still waiting to see one of prego you!

melissa said...

Too cute! So many cute pics of Alli, I can't decide which one I like the best. I love the phone ones. I agree with your dad too, I remember talking on the phone a lot in our younger days....oh thank goodness for the cell phone. Only now I wish I wasn't so easily accessible by it. Never happy! Sounds like you had a fun V-day. I went on a date with my 2 best girlfriends - movie and ice cream. mmmm...gotta love being single!