Monday, September 11, 2006

poor alli

Well, on Saturday afternoon a few spots started showing up on Alli's chest and stomach. I thought, a little weird, but whatever. She was still eating away as you see and smiling for the camera.



Went to bed Saturday night, not too worried. She woke up way to many times in the night, but in my delirious sleepy state I just put her soother in and that seemed enough. By 6 am I was spent (as was Derek, she seems to settle for him rather well lately in the night) I got up and fed her and changed her diaper. She was tugging away at her ears. Well, I would tug at mine too if they were swollen and hot and red. As I was changing her diaper in the dark, it was easy to see the red spots were more of red sploches at this point. But Alli fell right back to sleep as did I. So around 9 when she woke (I know I'm so lucky) and I got a good look at them, I was quite worried. We took her to a medicenter. When we got there they said we probably shouldn't wait out here with an unknown rash. We got put into a room and seen in about 15 min, not bad when there was a waiting room full of people. Dr. says some sort of allergic reaction, get some benydryl. So here she is happy as can be with big red ears and covered.







I guess she is allergic to strawberries. She has had them from a jar tons of times and has had fresh ones a few times, as recent as last Sunday. So I'm hoping it's a one time thing, but I think I'll wait a while before testing that theory. They got worse, but by yesterday evening, they were settling. Today she still is pretty covered, but it's on her back, arms and legs and still pretty bad on her face, but fading. And through it all, other than being fussy at night, she has been herself. Laughing and playing and crawling all around. So no complaints really.

3 comments:

Just Rhonda said...

Mom was telling me how bad they were - holy cow!!!!! Poor little Ali! Glad to hear she was in a good mood despite the reaction!

Anonymous said...

I feel bad for her but then again she doesn't even care. You guys must be raising a tough little girl.
seriously that rash looks pretty bad like i think it could be in a medical book. so maybe think twice about the cute baby model ha ha.

Anonymous said...

that same thing happened to Ryan when he was older about 18 months. We were staying at Steeds and when we went to bed -Ryan in the same room as we were sleeping we knew right away the smell plus the rash. You were lucky that you didn't get that.