Thursday, September 21, 2006

good things today

I was reading
  • Rhonda's
  • post from yesterday and decided to try my own list.

    1. Alli is sick, now that is so not a good thing. Throwing up and huge explosions in the diaper. But she cuddles way more when she is sick. And I love a cuddle from the girl who never stops for a second.

    2. Good thing is, I am not sick. I always get whatever is going around, and I didn't this time! Derek has what Alli has too. So sad for them, but at least I can take care of them. I never know what to do when Derek is sick since he gets sick like once every 3 years. He's not a whimp so I kinda do nothing.

    3. I had supper made by 10 am. It was a church thing, so fast and easy, just the way I like it. Now i just have to warm it up.

    4. Since I made supper somewhere else, my kitchen is still clean!

    5. I have crisp clean sheets on my bed. I love climbing into bed at night after sheets wash day. When I was little I remember I used to wait and put my sheets in an hour before bed so it would toasty warm for me.

    6. Its Dereks birthday on Saturday and I have a surprise for him. He doesn't even know. If any of you know me, when I'm excitied I have a bit of a hard time keeping it in, but not this time. He'll be so surprised I can't wait.

    7. Costco didn't have the cookies I wanted today (the chocolate with white chocolate chips) so now I don't have a HUGE box of them that I would eat myself. I just might be craving them enough to make them myself. But me baking? What a good thing!

    8. And of course Derek. He is just all around swell. Probably the nicest, most patient, non judgemental, non complaining, guy with no temper I know. (what a sentence) Just what a gal like me needs!


    So there is my list today! Only have time to think up 8.
    No pictures, because really, would you want any of us the past few days?

    Gotta go warm up my supper!

    So to all of you, think of something good and positive today and everyday.

    4 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    so many super good things (depends on your perspective)I don't blog so here are a few for ya
    Ry - sick at school today, yeah not me great. Ry was to sick to eat so I just had my yummy leftovers so simple. New job- PD day tomorrow no kids yeah! Super nice staff at my school, so great (makes the 40+min drive worth it). My school kids great they can adjust to anything so many great things about kids. Ta ta for now

    whitney said...

    I like your list. Hope you are all feeling better now. Tell Derek happy birthday from us, you'll have to tell me what the great suprise is, now I'm intrigued. That means it is almost your birthday, and then Alli's. Almost one year old!

    Just Rhonda said...

    great list!!!!!! hope derek is healty by his birthday!!

    Anonymous said...

    I want to have a blog so I can think of good things
    mom