Thursday, September 23, 2010

snooze fest

I got sick like a month or so ago. The old sore throat stuffy nose, sinus thing going around. Not too long after Derek got it, (I still have the stuffy nose) he hardly had a voice for a week, not so great when you are a school teacher and football coach. Then before I knew it James was sportin a fever ( i still had the stuffy nose) and most recently we have added Alli to the list. I keep thinking they are over it, then suddenly it's back. Pretty lame. Also, my reoccurring nose business, pretty lame. But overall a decent sickness to deal with because of the sleep and all. Note the photos below. My only regret is that I couldn't time my sickness and the children's to all be at the same time so we could have done some serious slackin around. Instead, I was draggin my feet way back when and now that I feel better (with a dang stuffy nose, it's embarrassing) I'm twiddling my thumbs while they, (mostly Alli, James seems to be over it) carry on with the fever.






Although the clothes or locations are sometimes the same, these were taken on separate days. Poor little children.

And the saddest part of it all. We had to cancel our family date for Derek's birthday tonight. I thought as both children were sound asleep at 5pm that it just wasn't going to be a good day for that.

So I made supper just for us and Derek's favorite cake. I knew Alli was really sick when she didn't even care about cake. I dragged her up to sing happy birthday. She's gonna kill me someday for this pic, but it is too funny not to share. You can't fake this look.


She is trying so hard. And like I said James isn't really sick anymore, but still sportin the ragged look. He is still up at 10 pm because of that nap so he is not so sick anymore. But the sick kid cuddles over the past week have been great!


Couldn't do a birthday post without telling Derek what a great guy he is. Not every dad lets the kids give him a haircut. The snapshots aren't great, but bathroom light at night is non ideal.



Derek really is a great guy. He is just all around swell. Probably the nicest, most patient, non judgemental, non complaining, guy with no temper I know. (what a sentence) Just what a gal like me needs! Frankly, I quite enjoy spending time with him. Happy Birthday, Love you!

And 'Anon' from the last post. I meant I beat 772 overall for the running, not the whole thing, jeesh. Who are you rootin for anyway? It's my blog and I'll brag if I want to.

8 comments:

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

I love that you describe Derek as 'swell'. You crack me up.

Sick kid cuddles are the best. The sick part is sad, but you can't beat those cuddles.

Seriously, who is this Anon? The comment was funny though. I like that they went as far as to look it up on racewhatever.com just to prove you wrong.

Susie said...

the cycle continues Sadie got it, which was great yesterday she just had the fever and it made for a guilt free lazy afternoon. However the sleep did not last all night between her and Hannah I do not think I got more than 4 hours of sleep. So heres hoping to some serious napping today. And if I gonna complain could it not have happened on the 2 week of rain instead of the 2 days of sun. Derek is swell, you are a lucky gal.

Kristi Drennan said...

Take THAT Anon. Just sayin'.

Jaime said...

My boys have had it too (well Cache still does).
The anon. comment cracks me up, I really hope it actually was 772, that would be great.
Happy Birthday Derek!

Brooke said...

Your kids are going to have more sleeping pics than you.

Alysha Sladek said...

sorry you guys have been sick. that's brutal. it's gone around out place too and I think now it's MY turn AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Anonymous said...

url service
seo usa org
[url=http://xrumerservice.org/]backlink building service[/url]

melissa said...

Aw, poor little lambies! I love the pic of Derek asleep with the kiddies. That's so sweet. And I definitely couldn't stop laughing at the pic of poor Alli trying to be a good sport and sing Happy Birthday. She really will kill you someday, but it's priceless! Such a cute little family..even if you were sick. Love it!