Saturday, October 09, 2010

still 4

Just so you know, this gal is still 4...for a few more days. And I'm just sick about the day I have to say my child is 5.



I've never cared about my kids growing up, it's fun. But this time I am quite distraught over the thought of a 5 year old. It's all too much. When you are 5 you can still shop in the toddler section at most stores, but you might as well go to the kids section size 5 for a bit bigger to make the clothes last longer. no more toddler girls?!! WHAT? I miss that. When you are 5 you are in preschool. (am so glad of the cutoff here, it would be all too much to have her in kindergarten right now.) A five year old is smart enough to figure out what her parents are talking about when they spell words like p-a-r-k or m-o-v-i-e. But not so smart to know
d-e-s-s-e-r-t at least! 5 year olds are way to independent sometimes, which is good and bad I have decided. And on the bright side, 4 year olds can be bossy, demanding and kinda mean to their brother too, so I'm sure this 5 year won't be...

Alli Loves her preschool. It is only 2 afternoons a week but she looks forward to them with much excitement. She walks in like she owns the place and doesn't take a second look back at me. I'm happy that she does so well. She has already told me she doesn't need me to walk her to the classroom, that I can just drop her off from the car. I'll be wishing I was allowed to do this in the winter. She loves riding her bike to preschool and wearing the gigantic backpack they insist the 35 pound children wear.

I have to write this story to remember. The first day of preschool I was the snack mom and the snack mom is welcome to stay as long as she likes. So I showed up right before snack time and when I didn't leave after handing it out Alli was told me in a loud whisper, "Mom, you're not supposed to be here! I go to preschool by myself now!" I told her I was going to stay for snack time and she was ok with it, and then when James sat down for the snack too she was all, "Mom, what are you going to do about James, You gotta get him out of here! He's 3!"


Slightly excited?!

So I'm just going to soak up my 4 year old until Monday. And if people ask how old my child is I might still say 4 not because I'm really this lame and denying my child to grow up, but because I sometimes forget. I told someone at church a couple weeks ago James was 2, oops!


We had Alli's birthday party yesterday with her friends. I have decided, if i ever didn't feel like planning a birthday, I could just turn on some music and I think the girls would just dance the whole time. But I did plan a party and it was fun, a tea party at that! We used my mom's tea cups and had mini cupcakes and made necklaces and fans and of course a parade, because who doesn't have a parade at their party? I also a couple 10 year ols come over to help with the crafts and party what nots, best idea ever!




This was following the dress up parade.

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Happy Birthday to Alli, what a fun party. I love the picture of James with all the girls at the end.

Christal said...

Happy Birthday Alli! They grow up way to fast don't they she is so cute! Love her preschool comments that is to cute!

Karen said...

5!!! Really! Wow time flies. Alli is still so tiny and cute. I love the dress up picture, cherish these 5 year old days of dress ups and tea parties... theirs nothing quite like 'em!

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

Yeah, the number 5 seems a little daunting doesn't it? Brody keeps telling me he's going to be 5 soon...and that means he'll be able to drive. and get a quad.
Yeah right!

melissa said...

Oh my gosh! You have a 5 year old?? You're soo old!! hehe just kidding. I seriously can't believe she's already 5 though. That's crazy. I love the snack story though. Didn't you know it's embarrassing to have your MOM stay for snacktime?? Geesh Linds! ;)