Monday, September 06, 2010

reunion business


I better start with these pictures from our Steed reunion way back on August long weekend. Sheesh, it's only labor day weekend by the time I get these up!

We started out the weekend in Waterton. It was the most perfect day in Waterton. No WIND and hot and sunny. The kids couldn't stay out of the freezing cold water.

James was just cracking me up as usual. Here he is doing his push ups in the lake.



I was handing out treats to whoever would duck under. Alli wanted nothing to do with treats business, money only! So I told her I'd give her dollar if she went under.

She was a little leery, and didn't think she could do it.


No worries, Dad came along to help.


Sidenote. When we were talking about if anyone would go under we look over and see James coming out from going under. He just went and did it! I was bummed I didn't get any pics of him doing it. But he heard the word treats and he was in!

We all walked down to the old house my Grandma (dad's mom) grew up in. You can see the roof to there. I'd take that view everyday! They must have been snowed in on a regular basis.


Well, that is about the total of pictures from the weekend. Guess I didn't feel like pulling the camera out too much! It was a lot of fun to hang out with my cousins, it's been so long. We see each other here and there at weddings and stuff, but it great to just relax and chat and let the kids play too.

One of my favorites from the reunion was when my aunt was talking about our ancestors. She talked about how it's great to know our ancestors and that whatever we are going through we know that our ancestors went through similar trials and we can always look to them for strength. I learned so much about my heritage over that weekend and I have a true appreciation for the family I am blessed to be a part of.

heck out Rhonda's post for a few more pics of everyone.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Love James' bum pushups.

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

It was a really good weekend. I had so much fun. We should do it again soon!

I also enjoyed hearing about our ancestors. I thought that the 'church service' was really good.

Just Rhonda said...

I loved those stories too!!! and James is a goof :) I am editing pictures of him from Banff right now when he was doing his pirate face. aarrrggggghhhhhh!

Christal said...

How fun!! Love james' push up he is a riot!!!
I love learning about what our ancestors did, how they lived all of it love it! Fun to see how every family gets so connected makes me think when we say families are forever and each sealed it just keeps going and going I say that cause Brett is darren's first cousin.
It does make us appreciate our past and how we all got to where we are becuase of the choices and dedication of those who went before us! Great pics rhonda took too!