Sunday, September 06, 2009

for the enjoyment of others

Just a little a me makin a fool of myself for you!




well, i skimmed over the ol half marathon in the last post like it was no big deal, but it WAS a big deal.  I'm just waiting on some pictures to post with it.  Soon.

While we wait on that, I'll share a good one.

The race was in Utah.  There were 7 of us driving down.  Someone thought it would be fun to have boys car and a girls car, so we did, and what a time we had!  We stopped in Idaho Falls for gas along the way. (met the strangest man at jack in the box there, but that's another story.)  I was showing the gals in my car how fun we are and I was tapping my leg to the beat while washing the windshield.  Like really tapping/dancing away.  You know, you do what you gotta do when you're in the middle of a 12 hour drive.  I notice another car drive up to the other pump while I'm jammming away, no big deal, we're in Idaho Falls, so already I'm cooler than everybody there and don't have to impress anyone.  I finish up the windows/dance.  I turn to receive my praise from the gals for the entertainment and see the people now filling their car, at the random gas station in Idaho Falls on a Thursday evening.

(this is my sweet basement bedroom where i now reside. just let me know if you want some paint colors)



It's one of our faithful babysitters from Cardston!  Right there holding back a huge laugh at me!  What are the odds that this 12 year old girl, who I have evidence on and am more than certain she has the hots for teacher (yes, the hot Derek teacher), is there at that moment?!!  I have no information to confirm that she was there stalking her hot teacher, but I am sure she now has lost all respect for the cool wife of the hot teacher.  (yeah, I'm the cool wife, or at least i was)  Therefore, she may or may not try to run me out of my position as the cool/hot wife so her dreams can come true.  Good thing we moved and she'll never babysit for us again.


(these happen to be the stairs leading to my sweet basement bedroom. don't think for a second i am unappreciative mom)



you're welcome for that.

and to all the random pics of good ol me, thanks for the post rhonda.

18 comments:

melissa said...

Love this post! You really are the hot mom/wife, don't you worry! I absolutely love your first pic. Also...the stairs to the basement room and the basement room bring back good memories of barbies, and the rubber wrestlers we made into their boyfriends. hahaha! Oh....good times.

Jacklyn said...

seriously how did you get all the random pics of yourself, I do plenty of dumb things, but I never have anyone taking pics of them...And BTW I can soooo see you tapping your leg and dancing at the pumps. Can we say stake/institute dances alone at the wall!!

Oler Family said...

I was lauging so hard reading this post. You are such a funny girl! I miss you!

lynz said...

hahaha! i can totally see the 12 hour road trip gas station stop tapper in you coming to life too :) love those stairs and seriously......who takes those pictures of you???

Alysha Sladek said...

hahahahha i love reading your posts!! wish i was there to see you groovin' away!

Susie said...

your pics killed me more than your words. seriously I'm having a photoshoot of me myself and me. I don't know what is funnier thinking Derek took these or you. Really linds WHO talks about who is a Hot teacher, come on really.... Mr. Baldry

Susie said...

shoot me if you look good after the half marathon.

Jaime said...

Wish I looked that cute in sweat pants!

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

Which room are you in at your parents house? I was curious before, but now after seeing the pics of the room I want to know which room it is.

I can't wait for the pics of your halfy!

PS, you are looking good. Even in sweatpants.

Ashley Dawn said...

See, this is why girls should ALWAYS travel together - we make idiots of ourselves, but we're NEVER alone. Love the pics!!

Ashley Dawn said...

PS - my mom wants to know if your husband is Roger or Mark's son? She grew up with them....

Just Rhonda said...

hahahahaha. Loooove all the pics of you. You crack me up :)

Jackie said...

Love the car story! That is hilarious!

Christal said...

you always make me laugh love this post!! Random funny and unique love it!

Arrington's said...

I sure hope this is not the Provo Canyon half marathon because I was suppose to do that and if I see all these pictures of you doing it I will fill like MORE of a failure...but if it is, then your awesome and I'm jealous.
Oh ya those poses are amazing we definitely get more nerdy the older we get and by we I mean you :)

Karen said...

You are by far the most popular blogger I know! Look at all these comments about you... I am just here to add to the pile and tell you honestly how you make my day with your hilarious stories and way too cute pictures.
Way to go with the "Half"! You know, Edmonton is the best place to run this time of the year, I can just here the ravine calling your name!!! Come on up for a visit and we can go crunch the leaves together!!

Candice said...

Can't wait to see the "half" pictures and I really love that I recognize your mum & dads house and memories! Oh the memories. :-)

Jess said...

Love your facial expressions. You are hilarious. Glad that you are enjoying your sweet basement room!!!