Sunday, February 22, 2009

my trip with my man

We have returned from the desert, and it was cold.  Derek and I along with his sis Brooke and her Brady drove down to Las Vegas last week...SANS KIDS!  It was awesome.  (well, not the drive so much, but the trip)  I ate too much, I shopped too much, I walked too much, (in bad shoes) I had too much fun.

Now we are back to reality.  But reality is still pretty dang good.



Here we are on Valentine's Day going on a little boat ride on Lake Las Vegas.  I can now stalk Celine Dion if she even still lives there, I saw her house.  

(I'll teach this guy how to smile for the camera yet.)


Here we are on the 2nd day, things are going good without the kids!


Our final day.  I guess I'm just a little more into this than him.


The long distance travelers.  And we're all still friends, right guys?  (apparently we weren't posing here.)


The gals before Cirque de Soliel.  We went to Mystere.  I probably just butchered the spelling on all those words.  We had just watched the scuzzy pirate show.  Vegas, not for the whole family anymore.

I caught the 2 love birds!


We did lots of fun stuff and were there for 4 days, but apparently sitting in a car for 35 hours for the other 2 days can really tire a gal out.  Thanks to my mom and dad who watched the kids and to Susie for the little mix up, oops, sorry I owe ya.  And thanks to Derek's cousin Jeremy and his wife Addie, the BEST hosts ever!

13 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

how fun!!! you drove? crazy! but i bet it was a blast, especially with NO KIDS!!! that's awesome.

Oler Family said...

Sounds like you had a blast! I love Vegas! Your hair is getting long!

Susie said...

oh la la it's all about the kissing. i'm feeling the love and wishing I could have a trip like that. Get ready next trip Girls Only NY city!

Ashley Dawn said...

We stopped by Vegas on the way to California in December. It really made me want to stay longer. I heard that the pirate show is now quite horrible. So sad... Glad you had a great trip without the kids. Sounds great!

Christal said...

how fun so nice to get away eh!! I'm so trying to talk darren into it but so far no luck! Love all the pics looks like you had a lot of fun!! You kids are so cute too I'm sure they had a blast with grandma and grandpa too! ttys

Just Rhonda said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!!! :)

Jaime said...

Glad you guys had so much fun and lucky you for getting away with no kids! And I agree, your hair is getting so long, looks great!

Brittany said...

I am a tad bit jealous that you got away. I didn't know that Brett went too. Looks like fun, and you look so great in the pics

Brittany said...

I am a tad bit jealous that you got away. I didn't know that Brett went too. Looks like fun, and you look so great in the pics

lynz said...

aww....fun!!! it looks like you guys had so much fun without the kiddies :)

Melissa said...

Looks like you guys had a BLAST! Too bad it was cold, maybe your next trip should be to AZ!!!!

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

Ok, your "welcome to Vegas" picture made me laugh. Even before reading your comment on it. You had a good time and that's awesome!
P.S. I am running the Moonlight, but only the 6K. I'm too chicken to do the 10 - I'm saving that for good old July 1st. (Basically just avoiding it until the latest date possible!)

melissa said...

Those are awesome pics and I'm sooo glad you guys had fun while you were here. I'm sad we didn't get to see each other more, but I had a blast chatting for the evening. AND...I will be blogging the pic we finally took...even if it was taken at midnight. We still look hot, right? Right? See you this summer hopefully!!