Tuesday, September 23, 2008

sooo...

Today I found out the greatest trick ever!


no, not coloring. but james does love to 'goger.'

We've been busy the last week going here and there. I'm sick of packing a bag for a night or 2 unpacking and then doing it again. But that seems to be the trend of the last month. We did, however, stay in Cardston for almost 2 whole weeks up until last Friday. Yay for us, right?!

We went to Calgary for Sadie's birthday yesterday. Happy Birthday Sadie! We had so much fun! We also went to the mall. It was great. I don't count Lethbridge as going to the mall cause it kinda sucks, so I have not been to a real mall since the beginning June. I didn't even go crazy and buy out the whole place.
Alli was the BEST shopper EVER! as usual. She has always been so good there. It was like this huge world of pretend for her going to work, folding clothes, riding escalators, running everywhere, and going in all the public bathrooms (gross I know, but she is obsessed with public bathrooms. at least she is going right?) The best is when we came out of a store and she started stretching. hehehe.

So I had a mountain of things to catch up on today. Laundry and cleaning and cooking. And one minor detail.


HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY DEREK!!


I knew that the house would be a mess all day, which is fine. But around these parts, people do random stop by's. Which is great for the friend factor, but not so great in the disaster zone I most often live in. Now here is my new trick!



I wore my apron all day! (don't mind the thing on the oven. it was lunch.  and it was good) And what a cute apron it is. Then when that random stop shows up, and the kitchen is a mess, it's ok, I'm wearing an apron so I must be busy and hard at work. So you just put on a smelly candle and you're good to go for the day.



So the house is all clean now, cake is made, birthday supper is started, and we are on our way to having a backyard too! On our way, as in hopefully next summer we will be able to play in it.

Because this is what I look and see right now.  that's weeds, not grass.



Wait, if my house is clean right now, I should hurray and go take pictures to put on here!


one more thing, i miss summer.

16 comments:

whitney said...

Good trick! But because you know it won't work if you stop by my house. I'll have to think up my own secret trick...

Oler Family said...

Good thinking! I'll be giving that one a try! You look amazing by the way! Oh! and do you know where has really good shopping....edmonton!

melissa said...

haha! You are so cute! What a great idea with the ultra cute apron thing. You kill me! I do love the red walls in your kitchen. And don't worry, my backyard is all rocks. Super. I guess it's ok though since I don't have kids....and I live in Vegas. We do "desert" landscaping here.

Alysha Sladek said...

happy 30th!! i like your trick. yes, edmonton DOES have good shopping... like bath and body is now open at west ed. i think you and susie need to come up!!!!

Susie said...

I need to get a super stylish apron you can bet I'm gonna steal that. I didn't know your kids played together. Hope Derek had a great B-day, did you give him our gift, i hope he enjoys them. hehe

Jaime said...

You do look very cute in your apron!! And I love your red kitchen.
I miss summer as well, I hope autumn lasts forever.

Brooke said...

Hey,where's the pics you should have taken when your house was clean? I still want to see it. I think you should dirty up your cute apron a bit just with a little flour or something to make it a little more realistic. I hope your stop by are still 'random' and not regulars yet.

Brooke said...

And Happy Birthday Derek.

Caylee said...

I miss you! I am so happy we have the blogging world so I can keep up with ya!

Melissa said...

I love the apron did you make it? I've been looking at a couple different styles to make...tough decision. I can't wait to see the house.....

Karen said...

Hey I love aprons and I just got a new one. I'll take a picture and post it. Thanks for the dual purpose tip on the whole apron thing too!!! When are you coming to E town?

Mike and Kelly said...

Tell Derek "Happy Birthday" from me. I cannot believe how OLD he is. 30.... ew.. just kidding, I hear that 30 is the new 20. Congrats on the new house. And I love the apron.

Arrington's said...

A-Your kitchen looks adorable put more pictures of your house on,please
B-Love the apron
C-Your hair looks especially cute maybe Derek was right you just had to get past the in between akward stage. I'm really liking it

Susie said...

hey I just remembered this happy birthday rick, rig, rigger ha ha ... is that funny anymore or was it ever?

Christal said...

You are so smart and so cute in that apron love it what a great idea!! Made me laugh you are so fun! have a great weekend! ttys

Jacklyn said...

haha I thought that your trick was going to be that you were going to distract Derek from the messy house on his birthday by wearing an apron...and only a... hahahah