Sunday, September 28, 2008

field trip

You know the days when the husband leaves in the morning before the kids are up and isn't going to be home until the kids and you are asleep?  Well, we are pretty lucky that those days are few and and far between, but Friday was one of them.

I knew it was going to be a good day because the sun was shining...

...and,


Alli insisted on wearing these boots she found in her closet, and I love them.  But if I love something too much she totally won't wear it.

So after the usual entertaining of the library, the grocery store and even a little baking, I knew 2 in the afternoon was too early to think we could spend the rest of the day until supper at the park.

AH HA!  Just the idea.  A 'field' trip.  I had been meaning to go to this field on a trip for quite some time.


We went and saw the horses.



Went through through the tall grass.


Played pirates.


I love that Alli is giving the most genuine hug here.  So serious, with her eyes closed and all.


James was so excited about his own horse he found to ride.


And all this, across the street from my cute little house!


And Alli took some pictures too.  It looks like I'm all happy and smiley, but I'm really I'm in the middle of telling Alli, 'Don't drop it!'



I'm listening to James cry right now.  We are both teething.  I can feel one of my wisdom teeth poking through (is that ok?  it doesn't hurt.)  and James has a few giant swollen places on his gums.  We were doing good phasing out the bottle, he only takes it before bed (which, to all my dentist readers, is horrible i know, i know, but he spits it out and takes his soother as soon as he's done so i choose not to feel guilty about it.)  and then this more teeth thing happened.  Now he kicks back one bottle if not 2 before bed.  Does anyone have any tricks to get him off the bottle?  Alli never took a bottle so I have no idea how to do it.

That's all.  That's my life.

13 comments:

KellyLady said...

such fun pictures and what a great field trip!
As for giving up the bottle...I did both kids cold turkey. Threw out the nipples and sufferend through 3 nights. After that they were fine. Good luck!

Susie said...

love the boots, that girl has style. love the field trip... across the street great idea. I guess I should go on more field trips Ryan is gone way too early and way too late. come on a field trip to my house ha ha

Alysha Sladek said...

liv STILL takes a bottle at night. i don't have the stamina right now to have 2 crying babies up all night....
is that your house??? awesome! now you just need to put INSIDE pictures up.

Oler Family said...

i love the field trip idea! unfortunately the only thing that surrounds my house is dirt!! I love the picture of Alli hugging James! Your house is adorable!

Ashley Dawn said...

awwww, that's such an awesome "field" trip. What a great idea. What a sweet house too. Looks wonderful. Hey, about the bottle. If you cut the nipple in half from the top and give it to them, they think it's broken and they don't want it any more. They'll ask for it from time to time but just keep giving them the broken nipple. It worked like magic with Kaia. She just automatically preferred the sippy cup because she could at least SUCK. Anyway, it's worked for all my kids since too....

whitney said...

Roman switched to a sippie cup really easily. But now he treats the sippie cut like a bottle and lays down to drink his milk from it. Oh well. I'm way too lazy to deal with that right now.

Rashelle said...

Your house looks so nice, we need to stop by for a visit sometime.

Christal said...

aww what fun! You are such a great mom! What a great idea go on a field trip so smart you are! Love the boots too and Lauren has the same coat as alli and your house is so cute! well someday I will get caught up in blog land and feel normal again but it really sucks not having phone and internet yet! oh well such is life eh! ttys

The Super Seven said...

Super cute house and it looks like the kids are getting to have lots of fun!!! Hate when the teeth are coming.....Georgia is cutting all her molars....still waiting on the last one. My advice on the bottle is to maybe start putting water in it instead. Georgia won't take anything but milk out of hers.....not even juice. I'm hoping she'll be easy to wean but I'm not ready yet.....will do it before baby #5 comes......

lynz said...

first of all, you are such a good mom! i love your blog, and i love your kids, and i just think they're lucky to have you :) i also love that i got to see that cute little house of yours, and i'm still gonna work on britt for us to come out and visit some time!

Caylee said...

Your house is so cute I'm so happy for you! You are the fun mom - look at you with your field trip to the horses!

Just Rhonda said...

Looks like lots of fun!!! LOVE that picture Ali took!! :)

melissa said...

I love the picture in the grass. Sooo cute! I'm pretty sure if I ever have kids they won't be half as stylish as Alli!