Tuesday, September 09, 2008

still here

I'm not sure how to carry on.



I can't not talk about Derek's mom. But I just don't know if my emotions are ready to tell you how awesome she was, how great a mother she was, how her example was always more than enough.

(derek's mom passed away from cancer on august 29th. His Grandpa died the day before.)

Nope, I'm bawling already, guess I'm not ready.



It's been an overwhelming summer. Even more overwhelming the last few weeks.

I know one of the many things I am going to do in my life because of Peggy is to be positive. I have heard this quote by Mother Teresa before and just heard it again recently and I love it. Thanks Christal.

"People are often unreasonable and self centered
Forgive them anyway
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives
Be kind anyway
If you are honest, people may cheat you
Be honest anyway
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow
Do good anyway
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God
It never was between you and them anyway."

I got all deep last post because I had just finished reading "The Peacegiver" and "I Am a Mom." Both great books, but haven't been reading much since so I'll just say this. Being positive is something that should be on our daily list of priorities. It will literally make or break your day. And others will notice.



Derek is back at school and we are actually living in our house in Cardston and loving it. I should post pictures soon. Things are feeling rather quiet here as I was surrounded by people kids and babies all summer. The quiet and routine is nice, but I should most likely make some friends before winter. As for right now, the kids and I are enjoying any outside moments we can before winter comes. Cardston is a pretty little town with the creek and the great view out our front window. I just might take a liking to this place!



I just read that I wrote Derek is back at school. Back at school as in the TEACHER! How great is that!?

My sisinlaw Rhonda took the family pictures about a month ago. There are so so many amazing pictures from that day. Thanks Rhonda, and for all the other stuff too.

15 comments:

Kristin Ross said...

What great family pictures! You all look amazing. I have been thinking about you guys a lot.

I'm glad to hear you like Cardston. Cord was looking at property in Glenwood (I doubt that will happen) but he wants to move somewhere.

melissa said...

Oh Linds, I'm so sorry to hear about Derek's mom. That's so sad, but how great that you were able to have her as such a great example to you and your kids while you did.
I'm glad you're liking your house too, and you better get that guest room ready bc I really am planning on coming up sometime. Why do I always choose the cold months though??

Caylee said...

I've been thinking about you guys tons, so sucky. Peggy is such an awesome person, and I am SO glad you guys got such great pics with her this summer. What an amazing family photo.
Take care I miss ya up here - the usual Saturday night what not is going down at my place, if you're up for the drive!! ;)

KellyLady said...

So sorry about Peggy. Thank goodness we are blessed with eternal families. And I'm so happy that you have those beautiful family pictures! Take care

Jaime said...

We were very sorry to hear about Derek's mom. I saw you on Tuesday and wanted to talk to you but didn't think it was the time. Please let Derek know that his talk was beautiful.
Glad you are all settled in Cardston, when you have more time you will have to post pictures of your new house!

Susie said...

family pictures are always priceless especially these ones. you will not forget this summer for sooo many reasons. (might not let ya forget where you were living) I've said it before the Baldry family is amazing. thanks for making me want to be a better person great blogging!

Christal said...

what beautiful family pictures all of them! Just wanted to tell you again that the funeral was one of the most beautiful funerals I've ever been to. and Derek did a great great job on his talk. Peggy will be grately missed but thank goodness for a plan after this life and that families can be together forever!
Good luck with everything in cardston and getting settled in and all that goes with it! ttys

Sonia said...

I love you pix. It's so fun to see pix of little people especially when you grew up with their parents. i love looking at them and trying to figure out just who they belong to. Your little James is Derek through and through. Some of those cuties are full on "Baldry" while the "Hicken" is quite dominant in others. I love it.

I'm so glad that you were all able to spend lots of time together as a family this summer. I love Peggy and her kids for that matter. I didn't comment, but I did read your post back when James turned one. I read about when he was born and how you just knew Ryan had a hand in it. I read it and was bawling, but was also laughing so hard. It's amazing how you can do both and your emotions are just crazy. Every thing you said, I could just picture it. I sure miss that boy!!!!

Alysha Sladek said...

lindsay.... i'm so sorry to hear about your family's losses. i really hope you and your famiy are doing well. thank goodness we have the gospel and know that families are forever! love the pictures!!

whitney said...

The family pictures are amazing. You really do have an amazing mother in law. We are thinking about you guys lots.
We would love to come visit soon. Although soon with a new baby is really who knows when, so don't hold your breath! Give me your new number when you get it.
And about Finn's hair, I do think it is really cute, but I love bald babies. Especially boys. But mine always have hair. I think James and his little bald head are the cutest. Plus you don't have to pin down James and wrestle through tears and snot to cut his hair like we have done with Roman for sooo long!

Just Rhonda said...

Of course you are welcome. Some how you'll carry on. Those little cute kiddos of yours will help you. And so will Derek. You'll help each other. What a blessing the temple and the Priesthood are!

Melissa said...

Lindsay, i loved your post you had me in tears! Thanks for the positive out look on life, it's good to have a reminder once in awhile.
Your pics are darling you all look fabulous. Can't wait to see the new house. I'll post some of my house too...

Mike and Kelly said...

Lindsay, my heart has gone out to you and your whole family since my mom shared the news. You guys have been in my thoughts and prayers. Peggy, and all the Baldrys are amazing.
Congrats on Derek graduating, and getting a job. Cardston is a great place, and you will make tons of friends. Good luck.

Jacklyn said...

Lins I miss you and I really loved this post, your so smart and in tune and all that jazz in your old age. Also thanks for the late night chat the other night...I needed it. And yes I am retarded but I fixed your name haha

Sarah Shaw said...

I love that you put your heart on your blog you are such an example to me and a great cousin! it's sad sometimes when I read this and wish I could live closer to you guys. I'm sorry to hear about Derek's Mom.