Wednesday, June 18, 2008

it's a rough life

look at this boy.

it's a terrible picture. the lighting is all wrong, it's fuzzy and it's not the best angel. but i love it! i just uploaded all my pictures and found it. i don't even know who took it. but look at this pose. he looks so hard done by!



let me tell you about james. in the last month or so, he has come alive. even more alive than he was already, and he was a lively boy to start with. maybe he came alive because he eats now. from december through april he gained a pound. i really wonder how much he weighs now because he eats like a full grown lion.

the menu for james on a day like today
cereal; mine, his and alli's (he steals food)
a couple yogurts
oranges
toast
a bushel of bananas
leftover stirfry
rice chips
an apple
cucumber
snow peas
a hot dog (i know, quality supper tonight)
half the bun
a feezie
and a gallon of milk, most of which he insists on drinking during the nighttime hours.


and yes, he does kiss his mother with that mouth.

I have so many stories about his boy right now, I need to write them down, he cracks me up. I won't bore you with them here, but he is getting a temper and it is pretty much the cutest funniest thing ever.



Ok, on to other things.

I missed Father's Day. Well, I didn't miss it, I just missed it on the blog. I totally went ALL OUT for Derek this year. He got Sunday socks, 3 whole pair. I know, I know, I'm the best wife EVER! He feels so sheepish that he only got me lululemon gear for mother's day.

BUT, I'll take a moment to be slightly serious. Derek is amazing. There is no other way to put it. AMAZING. He is such a hands on dad. He plays and reads with them and loves them so so much. I'm so happy with the career he choose. I know he will be so happy with it and we will be able to have lots of family time together. (unless he is coaching...jks!) But here's the kicker, I'm pretty sure when Alli gave him the first pair of socks, then James the second, and the final pair from me, he was genuinely happy with each pair! How could he not be happy? He actually really did need sunday socks, and frankly, that's why I love him, he doesn't care if I get him stuff or not!

My workin' man, earning our keep around here! He loves to pose for me. But c'mon, look how hot he is! (he's gonna kill me if he reads this)

I have been so blessed to be surrounded by wonderful examples of fathers. I love my dad and appreciate so much and the many, many, MANY things he has done for me. ( and is doing for me right now, ie he has to live with me...AGAIN!) I might not say it or show it enough, but I know he knows how much he means to me. (even if I tease him about anything I can think of to tease him about)
And I'm so greatful for Derek's Dad. Derek had such a wonderful example of what a father should be on every level. Derek's dad has been more than a father in law to me over the years (you know how it goes in raymond; teacher, church leader, friend's dad etc...) and he is an outstanding person in every one of those roles. It's not by chance that Derek turned out so AMAZING! He came from this great family, and so did I. I feel like we are actually quite spoiled in the family dynamics department.
ok, ok, ok, that's enough sapp from me.






I took a quick trip up to Calgary last friday saturday. Susie and I went shopping. It had been about 3 weeks since a set foot in a mall! We were looking for dresses for the little girls and ourselves for the wedding. I totally miss my sisters already. We have always been such good friends. We NEVER fight and never have. (Brooke I know what you're thinking, i might have mean here and there, but we never fought did we?!) See, here I go again with my perfect family! So it was fun to see Susie again and Brooke is coming down for a WHOLE WEEK around the wedding! YAY!
Back to my weekend. Me and Sue had so much fun just being nerds together and talking because we never run out of things to say.

I also went to Erin's baby shower while I was in Calgary. She's not due until September, but her mom was in from Toronto so the party was a must. I love Erin so much and she is a genuine friend to me. She is a very kind and giving person. Erin and her twin Andrea are the sweetest gals and always make me feel so welcome when I'm around and don't know any of their other friends! I think she is only person I keep in regular contact with from work. I sure miss spending 12 hour days and nights together!

Did I mentions she is the cutest?!



I know, where is her baby belly?



ps I did the decorations, CUTE?! I totally stole the clothesline idea and others from other people, and rhonda made the little name sign of course, thanks rhonda!

Well, what a post! Pretty random. I must be feeling slightly sentimental tonight or something. I'm just throwing out the compliments everywhere! But I mean every word.

11 comments:

Melissa said...

OK first off NO i'm not coming home for July 1st or anytime this summer...bummer. I was actually sad, but i couldn't do it again by myself. And second your post is so cute. Your such a cute mom and your kiddos...well you know there always cute. Hey is that a shade shirt your wearing? i was thinking of ordering it but didn't know how it would look with a tee under it. Oh ya and who is getting married?? Maybe i should of just emailed you!

Alysha Sladek said...

cute post! love those pics of james. soooo cute!

Jaime said...

That first picture of James is seriously so cute, I love it! He looks like such a little boy now, not a baby anymore. Oh and who is getting married, is it your brother?

melissa said...

Oh how I love the nice long posts!! Seriously, though. I love how much you love your family and you really have been so blessed with ALL of it! Cute kids, great parents, hot husband ;), fabulous in-laws. Anyway...you have inspired me to do a really great, long post since it's been so long! Also, I'm going to look at plane tickets and see if I can afford to come see you for the 1st!

Oler Family said...

That first picture of James is hilarious! And what a little piggy! Isn't it nice to see them eat a ton though? I LOVE the decorations at the baby shower, you did a great job!

Ashley Dawn said...

I love reading your blog. You are so completely random and yet so structured. It's like reading how my thoughts actually come... it's perfect. Congrats on the job in Cardston. That's awesome. It'll be a great place to live. We'll all miss you in Edmonton, but you can't go wrong that close to mountains and the border....not to mention the temple etc. It's always nice to be close to home too. *Now you see what I mean about writing out random thoughts*. Anyway, good to catch up.

Brandy said...

cute kids pics lindsey!

KellyLady said...

Loved the hard done by James pose! He is seriously a heart throb already. And the rest was a blast to read! And the decorations were so cute!

Susie said...

one day Derek is going look back & love ALL his sweet poses. love James what a big eater he is. between missing me and the mall & am sure you will be back to visit & this time mom can come & you kids.....gong show??

Brooke said...

James looks so distressed; he must need me to play with because Alli to busy entertaining herself these days. Or maybe he's just mixing it up for the camera because he always smiley (well at least when I see him).

Jess said...

Love the pics of James. I love those random ones!
I love your decoration idea so cute!