Tuesday, June 03, 2008

hmmmm...

Here's the ratty kids. Isn't this what summer is supposed to look like?!

The wheat box is a real hit once again this summer. Cleaner than sand, but still finding it in random places.








Well, I guess it's time for an update. I really don't have too much to say. I've been trying to muster up some creativity, but it is lacking. Moving is not interesting or exciting at all. But I'm sure my mom would say things are interesting around here lately and I'm thinking it is a bit exciting to be here, so I take it back. And now that the weather is semi nice (I've checked the Edmonton weather several times and it has been a thousand times nicer up there since I left, errr) we'd rather be outside playing than inside blogging right!

Here's the lowdown

*I packed and unpacked, BORING.

*Derek has made 4 trips from Edmonton to Raymond since the 24th with a side trip to Kimberley in there.

*BUT, it's all in the name of a job (and golf). No job yet, but soon...I hope...

*gas is EXPENSIVE!

*Thanks to my mama, Derek and I had a long weekend away with no kids in Kimberley. Sure, Susie and the other couple had their kids, but none for me! It was my first trip away EVER since the children arrived. So great.



*We've been out doing stuff in the yard with my mom. It only took the two of us 20 mins to decide to check the gas tank when the lawn mower wouldn't start.

*We haven't broke anything at my parents house yet.

*Alli remains potty trained. Phew.

*My hair is suddenly and very conveniently blonde for the summer.





*We did find a way to spend some money there in attempt to even out with the boys golf spending. Here's a cute pregnant Rachel with her little girl Halie, me (childless) and Susie and Sadie.



Kimberley is where we went for our honeymoon. We actually stayed just up the block from where we went on our honeymoon almost 6 years ago, awwww. This is the only time we got a couple pictures together, since they boys were pretty much golfing the days away. Either that or playing guitar hero, oh wait, that was me.

10 comments:

Jaime said...

Lucky you getting a trip away! Sounds like you had fun though. I love Alli's hair in the pictures-who has time to worry about their hair when there is so much fun around!

Just Rhonda said...

Loving the pictures of you two! :) And sounds like things have been exciting!!! can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Susie said...

ok Alli & you both look more blonde. Kid free weekend.. jealous. And can't wait to get in on the backyard action, when I come it better be HOT pull out the pool PLEASE!

melissa said...

So many things to say about this post... 1. I have missed you and your posts lately 2. Look at James' little teeth!! 3. Alli looks like she might be getting to big for the wheat box WITH the tonka truck and James in it...but her hair is long and pretty 4. You look fantastic!! Seriously...I miss you and I really hope I can come home for the 1st this year.

Oler Family said...

A wheat box?! I have NEVER hear of that before!!! That is so funny, but so smart! Those pictures of you and Derek are soooo cute! How fun to have a getaway together! I love that it took you and your mom to realize that there was no gas in the lawn mower...that has my name written all over it!!

Annette Bailey said...

Wow, I'm insanely envious of your weekend away - haven't had one for a while!

And uh, sorry about not mentioning the blog... still friends? I'll make you cookies next time I'm in the biggest city in Alberta.

Annette Bailey said...

Oh, and I don't keep up the kids' blogs, Clarence does. I don't even put pictures on mine...

Brooke said...

Looks like someone's wearing the perfect white T...looking good. Okay, so I totally had this 2 yr at work yesturday that reminded me of Alli...no stop chattering, making faces and giggling, blonde-blonde hair, and yes she loved Shrek (unfortunately I had no Shrek stickers). Also, I can't wait to come down and join the summer fun.

Alysha Sladek said...

sounds like fun. jimmy and i have NEVER been anywhere without the kids. only been almost 8 years! CRAZY! sounds like things are going good. oh and that sand picture is cute!

Sarah Shaw said...

A wheat box!!!??? don't you know that there is a world shortage of wheat and you let you kids sit in it??? Oh well I guess you could wash it and grind it up I guess it's just a creative way to have food storage. My husband love Rock band have you guys played? It's awesome. I better get off the computer and get ready for church