Monday, June 09, 2008

waste it away

Here is my complete waste of time for the day. But it was a very fun and entertaining complete waste of time. Try it out! I always need a little distraction or down time (or waste of time) activity when the kids go for a nap. And since they BOTH went for a nap today, I get an extended waste of time!



I did that because I'm too lazy to upload my own pictures off my camera. I think I have some on there but I don't remember what they are.

Sooooo, Derek got a job! We are so so very excited! He will be teaching grade 6 in Cardston. I can't wait to be moving next to the mountains in the fall. It is a little sad knowing that we are gone from Edmonton forever. I was still hanging on to the idea of getting a job and moving back up there, but he had a few interviews and we felt this was the best move for us. Derek is still up in Edmonton finishing his last week of classes EVER! Then he is working construction right here in Raymond for the summer.

Well, my time wasting is over. My mom and I are making a quilt in case Rhonda has a girl. Sorry Rhonda, I'll do my best not to mess it up.

I hear Alli hacking away in her bed right now. What's with croup in June?


WELL...

My mom is on the phone and I don't trust myself with a quilt that isn't mine. So I will play another game.

You type your name into a search engine with the word is or wants and see what comes of it. For example "Lindsay is"

Lindsay is crying while eating.

I am totally eating licorice right now. Not crying, but not so good for me either!

Lindsay is very good indeed!

so true, so true.

Lindsay is a highly accomplished management professional

I do seem to manage these kids in a professional manor.

Lindsay wants to create a new fusionism which will make us stuffy conservatives lighten up and make pie-eyed liberals give up their enduring weakness for ...

hehehe

Lindsay wants to know!

I do want to know...

So I actually had to put in the spelling Lindsey because when I put in my spelling all the Lindsay Lohan drama stuff popped up. And oh dear, there is some not very nice things going on for her on the internet.

10 comments:

Oler Family said...

You are so funny! That post was so fun and soooo random! I'm sad to hear that you will not be returning to edmonton but very happy that Derek found a good job! We will just have to meet half way in Calgary!!

KellyLady said...

The things we do when we're bored! Congrats that you guys found a good job! And Rhett has the croupy cough too...I think we picked it up while we were in Raymond. Oh well...still worth the trip!

Susie said...

umm next time your wasting time call me, well your waste of time may be more entertaining than me. and I copied you, cause you know thats what we do. he he

Just Rhonda said...

Oh man that is funny. :)

And thanks for making the girl quilt. Good luck! :)

Caylee said...

Congratulations on the job - a job is a job it's true. I am sad you are not coming back but I will see you when I come south - maybe? I'll be down for the first, Kelsey is bringing up her baby for us to meet!! Have fun with the quilt whatnot, who knew!

Jaime said...

Congrats again on the job! Your post was funny to read-I may have to try it.

Melissa said...

YEAH! Derek has a job, that is so exciting! Are you really moving to Cardston?
And i'm definitely trying your little ideas...

Alysha Sladek said...

congrats on the job!! that's very exciting! love the google thing! i may just have to try it...

Jess said...

So exciting about your hubby's job. Are you guys going to live in good old Cardston? Fun times!!
I love what you do when you are bored so funny!

Sarah Shaw said...

congrats to Derek good to know we have family close to the temple!