Sunday, May 11, 2008

moms day

Derek took some mother's day pictures. Let's hear it all together, awwwwwww.





I couldn't let the day getaway without saying something.

Last year on mother's day, actually right at around 8:30 pm which is what time it is now, my water broke. I got the sweetest mother's day present at 2 in the morning, not quite on mother's day, but close enough! I'll never forget the emotions of that day. I was 9 days overdue, so anyone who has been overdue knows those emotions. I was as big as a house, and as uncomfortable as an elephant in my living room would be. (Not because we don't like elephants, but because it's something very large in a small place, get it? hehe) I was nervous for labor because I had a c-section with Alli and never had experienced a single contraction before. (I did good and was so tough of course, but still had to have a c-section. That kid has been crazy from the start.) And to contribute to all these emotions, I KNEW James was going to be born on the 14th, I just KNEW it somehow. I think maybe I'll save the I just KNEW it for the birthday post. Not that I'll be any less emotional for that post. Anyway, that was mother's day last year. This year was SLIGHTLY different, but still fantastic.

Derek is an amazing husband and meets my EVERY need EVERY day.


This is what we looked like 6 years ago. Yep, I look JUST the same right? These kids haven't phased me at ALL!

Now for my momma. Wow. I could say so much about my mom. Where do I even start? Anything I do good as a mother is because of my mom. I learned how to be a mom from her. She is amazing. I love how our relationship has evolved over the years. You can never love your parents as much or in the same way as they love you. But now that I have my own kids, I know. I have that love for my kids. My mom fully supported all my important decisions in life. She was right there encouraging and cheering me on in whatever I did. My mom is such a great example of service. She is a true giver. To her family, her friends and anyone in need. She is so kind, no mean things come out of her mouth. When I was talking to my mom on the phone the other day the doorbell rang. It was 2 neighbor kids. They are regulars. So my mom sent them down to the toys to play. Then I heard one of them say, "But it's no fun unless you come play." How great is she? I love how awesome my mom is with her grandkids. She really plays with them. And I think that is so cool, so does Alli. I told Alli we are moving to Grandma's and now every day she is BEGGING to go to Grandma's. Love you momma and can't wait to see you.

So good with the kids!


And my fantastic mother in law. I hope it's ok with her that I talk about this. But she is so amazing, how could I not? Derek's mom has breast cancer for her second time right now. She is hopefully finishing her chemo this week. She is SO STRONG. She does not complain. I cannot believe how positive she is. Peggy has always been a positive person in life for sure. And this did not seem to phase her positivity at all. I truly admire this about her. You cannot help but be happy and upbeat in her presence. She raised eight kids...EIGHT! She is laid back enough to accomplish this perfectly. By this I mean, laid back enough to have had 8 kids running around the house and not turn into a crazy woman, but not too laid back because kids like hers don't turn out as great as they did without some serious work on her part. I love that and everything about her.

Alli and grandma last summer.


Isn't it so great that we all have awesome mom's to brag about today? I really hope and pray that someday my kids will have a sweet thing or 2 to say about their mom. It's also great that kids don't really have any memories before the age or 3. I can still keep screwing up a little longer before Alli will ever know.


4 comments:

Just Rhonda said...

Wonderful. And totally agree 100% about your momma. :) Love the pics Derik took.

melissa said...

This is a really sweet post, and I KNOW your kids will have plenty of great things to say about their mom in the future, bc you're amazing! Quite honestly, you've been a good example to me too, since I will some day be a mom and I think you've done an excellent job so far....clearly that time won't be until the distant future, but I'll log it away. :)

Alysha Sladek said...

waht a nice tribue to both your mom and derek's mom. you still look great by the way! super cute pictures of you and the kids.

Jaime said...

Very cute pictures-you guys have the cutest little family.
Good luck on your move-let us know if you need help.