Saturday, April 26, 2008

farewell

bye bye to sadie, susie and ryan. we will miss them soooooo much. i'm pretty sure i'm in denial that they are actually gone.



happy birthday to brett yesterday. thanks for having a birthday party!



we told alli it was brett's birthday and she just had to call him to say happy birthday. then she was out of control excited waiting for brett to come over. i'm pretty sure the cake might have had something to do with the excitement. after eating the icing off of 2 pieces of cake, she was our entertainment for the night.



poor little james. on wednesday night he suddenly got really sick. he had a horrible croup cough that turned into not breathing very well. after a midnight phone call to dr. grandpa, i took james to emerg. when my dad said to take him in, then i KNEW he really needed yo go in. since i was sure it was croup and he just needed some medicine i wasn't to stressed and derek just stayed home with alli and he went to bed. the good thing about a baby who can't breathe is you get seen right away. we were only in the waiting room for 5 minutes before we got a room. since everybody could hear his stridor breathing and barking cough across the hallway they gave him a quick nebulizer treatment first and then after the dr. came in he got the oral medicine. i felt so bad for my poor little guy. we had to stay around for a little while after to make sure it was working. he still wasn't breathing that great but they let me go home anyway. (i was so tired so i dropped the whole i'm a pediatric nurse thing and they trusted me to go, phew.) he was still not very happy on thursday, his chest was still tight and wheezing. alli had minor symptoms of the same, so we all tried to sleep! i was slightly out of it from being up till 4 am.



so everything is fine now. the kids just have a cough you can hear around the block and the snotty noses are in full force. please oh please let this be the end of sickness for the year around here!



and speaking of loud. i'm dying laughing right now. we live on the second floor of our building. our neighbor on the 4th floor has been going to town with the kareokee for the last couple hours. the best part is, i can only hear one voice. he just might be at it ruining some classic songs all by himself!

10 comments:

whitney said...

Poor James! RSV, croup, bronchio, all hit later this year. Lots of pneumonia too. Good times. Lucky me, I'll have a 6,7 month old next year. Prime age, good timing on my part. Hope you all get better soon, it seams like you were all sick just last month???

Jaime said...

Seems like you guys have had a run of bad luck this year with the sick kids. Hope everyone gets healthy soon, just in time for the nice weather!

Oler Family said...

I feel your pain about Susie leaving...so sad! Poor James, what a winter it has been. Our family has been sick sooo much. I hope you have a better week!

Alysha Sladek said...

I'm sad to see Susie go too!! bummer! Sorry about James! Thank goodness for Dr.dad/grandpa! HOpefully everyone clears up soon (and this nice weather stays!)

KellyLady said...

Ahh, poor James! It's so hard when they get sick like that. Glad he's on the mend!

Brandy said...

hi lindsay... cute pics! sorry to here you're kids were sick and you ended up in the er. i think my kids had the same thing a couple of weeks ago, but mackenzie had the wheezy cough and got over it pretty fast. so scary when they aren't breathing well. isn't it crazy how little sleep a parent gets! i can't believe how sick everyone has been this winter. it's scary! we should all have super immune systems after this winter! glad they're doing better.

Mackenzie said...

At least you tell me you're stalkin my kid, it makes me feel better ;) j/k um, your kids are ADORABLE! I love the crazy-blonde, i have a feeling thats gonna be my kids too!

Melissa said...

I've got to say your kids still look cute when there SICK! I hate when my kids get sick, i hope your getting lots of sleep.

Brooke said...

alli was such a hoot Friday. We need to have b-day parties more often. Can I come to James b-day to be entertained by alli? PS, can you send me the pic of Brett and I. Thanks.

Just Rhonda said...

i heard he was sick again! Your POOR girl!!!!!! Hope he gets better soon.