Sunday, November 25, 2007

cutest?

As I was dreaming at the anthropolgie website, I came across these...






Are these not the cutest ever?! I guess it's the forever ago figure skater in me. Too bad I'm not about to spend $24 a piece for a tree decoration. Oh how I love all the Anthropologie decor I can't afford.

On to other things. James started eating the solids a week or 2 ago, so exciting right?! I feel a little bad sometimes. All of a sudden it's bedtime and I remember, oops, i forgot to give James some rice cereal today...oh well. We just took this picture the other day because I thought I should document the "first" feed. So what if it was actually the 7th or 8th feed right? When Alli was a baby it was a big production, this time I realised that feeding in the beginning is not fun. What a mess! The kids have no idea what to do, no swallowing, no opening the mouth, oh wait, they know how to do one thing...spit it out! And it takes half an hour to create the disaster all for a bite or two. Luckily James took a liking to the food pretty quickly so my rant is just for fun really. Look how good he opens his mouth while posing for the camera. Love it. I also love it when Alli insists on helping and shoves a huge spoonful right into the back of his throat, James appreciates it too. He's such a trooper with her torture, but I'm pretty sure he will be beating on her soon, as he is about the size she was at a year



Here's a pic of me and Alli that I like lately. The ivy is so nice. It's from forever ago when Melissa was here. I put it up on my post way back when and it disappeared (which my pictures are liking to do lately) so here it again incase you missed it.

7 comments:

Mindi said...

Cute pictures...I tried the cereal thing, but it bothered his stomach, so his doc said to hold off another month, so we'll give it a try another day! Cute picture with Alli!

whitney said...

I LOVE their aprons. Such cute stuff. But so not worth the money, I guess I am too cheap.

The Super Seven said...

Love the blog about the cereal.....at least you posted your pictures. I started Georgia on cereal a few weeks ago and I could count on both hands how many times she has had it. It's a good thing she is so little still but soon I realize I won't be able to not feed her. Luckily I have a 5 year old who is very willing to help.....she is really great.....except the odd time she has dropped the baby!!! Love the pics!! The kids are too cute!!

Susie said...

those are soo cute. yeah for james with the eating, if only he slept like he ate.

melissa said...

Yay for James! I love that picture of you and Alli too. It was so pretty in there! Also, I can finally see those tutu pictures of Alli and they are adorable! You and your photography skills.

Rashelle said...

Cute pictures! James is sure growing up fast. Hopefully he will grow out of the bad sleeping soon to.

Alysha Sladek said...

cute pic of the 2 of you!! starting them on cereal is funny but frustrating at the same time. it is SO messy. glad he likes it though!!! how's the sleeping coming?