Thursday, June 14, 2007

so sad...

The other day our favorite neighbors moved to Mighigan. They knew they were only going to be here for a year, but it was still so sad that they had to leave. The year went by so fast, I feel like only yesterday they were moving in with 3 kids into a 2 bedroom apartment. (and right then I knew they must be mormons!) Their little girl Lilly was about 6 months older than Alli and they were so cute together. And I taught Ethan in primary. It was a perfect setup. They lived on the ground floor so they always had all their toys outside and it was free reign. Alli would walk right up to their door anytime we were outside and start calling Lilly, and Lilly would run to the door calling her name. Also, it was so nice to have Annie (the mama) around, we would just sit outside while the kids played. She had a baby boy at the end of March, her 4th in 5 years! I don't know how she does it, and always so happy. So we are just a little sad a lonely this week without them. No toys to go steal from them and no boys out playing all the time and no one to chat to while I put off making supper. AND, no handy babysitter next door, shucks. We're for sure going to miss them.

Alli and Lilly were too busy twirling to stop for a picture.



Here's some of the neighbor kids. Issac is on the top left and lilly below. The other 2 neighbor kids thought it would be fun for everyone to eat cherries, it got waaaaaay to messy. Ethan isn't in the picture because he broke his leg last week nad wasn't out playing. (those boys were wild)



I can't believe I odn't have a single picture of Annie and I. I guess since we both just had babies we weren't to excited about pictures. But even worse is we didn't get a picture of our babies together! And if you are wondering, we both named our baby's James. We had wanted to name our James that forever, so we did it anyway, haha.

One more of Alli and Derek going for a walk to the ravine. We got the carrier for James and he loves it, but so does Alli. Derek is going on a big hiking camp for young mens in July, so this was a little practice I guess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

too bad annie left, I wish i was your next door neigbour I mean we do live pretty close, but sometimes that drive over is enough to turn me off. ha oh well. hope you find some other rug rats to entertain you guys.

melissa said...

Oh, you're little neighbor kids are adorable! I'm so sad you lost your friends. I guess you and Alli are going to have to start stealing toys from somebody else now!