Sunday, June 17, 2007

happy father's day!



How do you get out of cooking on father's day? Buy your husband a BBQ for father's day! Yes, I gave in, Derek has been BEGGING for a BBQ for quite some time now. Our little tiny put on the ground BBQ wasn't cutting it anymore. I suprised him with it last night so he could put it together for today. We had delicious steak and potatoes on the BBQ, sooo good. Now Derek will cook for me even more, YAY!



I totally posted on James's 1 month day and didn't even put up pictures. I feel like a slacker with pictures of him. If I ever pull out the camera Alli is all in my face saying cheese and poor James gets neglected. So I must get better cause Alli has about a million of her. Here are the boys snoozin after a CRAZY night of very little sleep. Derek was up late writing his talk for church today (slacker) and James just wanted to be up and eat eat eat. He must be growing, because he's been eating lots today. Derek is such a good dad to these kids. I love seeing him with both of them, cuddling with James and "wrestling" Alli. During Derek's talk today, Alli just stood on the bench saying daddy, daddy for half the time. Just loving my guys today! Can you believe I got a nap today while Derek entertained BOTH the kids? I couldn't ask for a better dad/husband. Love you too dad. I'm to tired to get all sentimental...




And whats a post without pictures of Alli. Just a few of our daily trips to the park, nothing exciting these days. If anyone knows Alli, you know she is a social little girl. But the past week or so she has been sooooo clingly to me, and she has never been like that ever. Alli is usually always happy to go to someone new. That's why it's been kind of annoying having her hang all over me. She has never ever had trouble going to nursery, if anything, she is sad to leave when it is over. And the past 2 weeks has been no good at nursery. She's been crying and having fits when she goes, makes me so sad. Hope it passes soon. BUT, Alli still loves Sesue (thats what she calls Susie) Whenever the phone rings she says Seuse! and when we are in the car and driving through areas with lots of houses she either says Sesue or dog (for the Petersons)



6 comments:

Amy said...

good job on the father's day gift. Ours is without a doubt the best investment, seeing how I hate to cook and Cameron loves to exeriment on the bbque.
James is such a handsome baby, love the pic of baby and daddy sleeping, they have matching hair.
And Alli, well Alli is seriously one of the cutest little girls I've seen (other than my 2 ofcourse)...and all that stinkin hair, seriously...

Anonymous said...

Cute sandals and I love the blond curls
so nice to make the Derek happy
mom

melissa said...

What a fun father's day! James is soo cute, and of course Alli is adorable. She looks more and more like a little girl in every post.

Anonymous said...

awww I love Alli and so glad she loves me!! What would i do with out you guys?! We will see when i leave this summer... until then the visits are frequent YEAH

Rashelle said...

I'm sure you guys will love having the barbeque, especially in the summer when the apartments always seem to get so hot. James looks like he is growing so quick.

Just Rhonda said...

oh man I want a BBQ... but I don't think it would help REg cook for me. :)
and Derek IS A good dad!