Friday, May 18, 2007

he's here!

James Wilson Baldry



Well, I finally got up the energy to put up a post on the blog.
James decided 2 am on Monday morning was a good time to arrive. He didn't make it easy on me either.(as if having a baby is ever easy on anyone!) I went into labor on Sunday night, but because of positioning and a distressed baby I ended up having another c-section. I was kinda bitter at the time, but I'm over it because I have healthy beautiful baby. He was 8lbs 7oz and almost 21 inches long, and came out with a few battle wounds. Some bruises and a cut from the scalpel...don't ask...and some scabs on his head from the internal monitor. But as you can see he's a good looking kid, and we love him to bits!

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhUL7Y6_EvPv2762f_2cjwFqsy1ZADmHZ5HtpTGEeEwYS21SUONl2zPOYRN_OcCE1oc9Yl0queBYdKBOG1BXLvtE96rcRCiUUEWSedCDI5IjBwff6tqUM9SwdspjbswC5JKryQ7/s1600-h/IMG_3517.JPG">

Alli is taking quite a liking to him already. She likes to hold him and kiss him, and she points out and says ears and eyes and nose. I think she will be a good helper. Right now my mom is my best helper. I'm sooo glad she is here. My house is always clean, Alli always has a playmate and James is never without a cuddle.


So here is our first picture of our family of four! I don't even beleive it when I say it. The reality hasn't set in at all yet. It's going to be a busy summer for us. I'm sure I'll have plenty of pictures to post along the way. Ok I can't sit here any longer, I hope this all made sense!



10 comments:

Just Rhonda said...

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww. SO CUTE! Love that picture of Alli with James!!!!

Anonymous said...

family of 4 does seem crazy..it all happens so fast. Your family is so cute. You must be 2 proud parents they are both sooo precious and cute. what a tropper your are!!
And I am still here when mom leaves to hold and entertain:)

Rashelle said...

Congratulations!! He is such a cute baby I can't wait to come see him. It looks like Alli really likes him.

The Super Seven said...

Congrats on a gorgeous baby boy.....I wish that this baby of mine would decide to come.....I don't want to go over in fear of another 11 lb baby!!! Glad to see Alli is enjoying her brother.....not too sure what my youngest is going to think of a new baby yet!!!

whitney said...

So glad you finally posted! Tell Derek thanks for emailing pictures. So funny how family of 4 sounds sooo different than family of 3. Is is just me or does he look way different that Alli? For some reason I thought you and Derek would have those cookie cutter kids that are all so cute and look exactly alike. But I guess they change so much so fast, so we shall see. But he is so cute!

Amy said...

He is such a handsome little guy. As hard as it was to believe before, isn't 2 even better than 1? Glad to hear you're all doing well now after all that trama, poor baby! poor mom! Congratulations again, I'm so happy for you guys!!!!!

Mindi said...

Hey...cute pictures! Glad everything is going well and you are doing well. Congrats to the both of you. Almost my turn!

melissa said...

what a good looking kid! i'm so excited for you guys! congrats! sorry to hear about c-section #2, but at least his head is a pretty shape. :) i can't believe you have a family of 4 either, but i think it's fantastic!

Alysha Sladek said...

congrats you guys!! he's beautiful. I hope you're doing ok.
-Alysha

Sarah Shaw said...

Congrats cuz sounds like the labor and deliv. was quite an ordeal he is a handsome little man. by the way I LOVE the anme james we might use it tooo who knows..