Saturday, May 06, 2006

race day

Today I got up and ran a race. I guess I'm kinda proud of myself. For the past 6 weeks I have been pretty faithful in going to the gym and running 10 to 18 miles a week (on 3 different days). I heard about this fun little 8 km run, so I thought I'd do it. It gave me some motivation to get in shape. I haven't run a race since last July 1st, and I was 5 months pregnant for that one and it was just 5 km. The last time I ran over 8 km was when I was running cross country for the college before I was married! I hate to say it, espspeically to any Baldry marathon runners and my sis Brooke who is training for one, but this was a big deal for me. I was happy with my time 38 min and 41 seconds if anyone cares. It was good and I'm glad I did it, but I'm not sure I see that half marathon this summer in my future. So, of course you know me, here's some pictures from the day.


Don't worry I stepped it up and beat that girl in front of me :)













I ran the first few kms with Brooke's old roomate Janae, then I guess she decided to try, so she left me.











Alli was a good fan cheering me on.













Derek had to work, so once again, thank you to Susie for babysitting and taking pictures.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

dad and I tallked of other races you had done. Remembering is fun. Congrats on doing it and a good time -- a mom who ihs nursong. The form is still the best ever.

The dad & daughter. Alli is following in her mother's footsteps. Just can't wait to be entertained by her dad.

What a great family of three!!
I love your blog!!
mom

Just Rhonda said...

Wow. Very cool. Way to go Linds! I'm totally impressed. Love the photos too!

Anonymous said...

HI, Lindsay -
I came over via Rhonda's blog! You said you weren't sure if many people would read your blog - so I came to visit! I love your sweet daughter - she is precious and beautiful! The B&W Easter picture is my fave!! I will have 2 brand new grandchildren later this year so I'm checking out poses for the camera crazy gramma! Thanks for sharing!

whitney said...

You put me to shame! I need to get going and get back in shape! At least my arms are getting strong from holding chubbs all day. Great job onthe race. Your all set for 10K at July 1st eh! (Only three or four people would comment on my blog too, but I have fun being a blogging with you)

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»