Thursday, October 20, 2011

my baby is here!

Sage Ellis Baldry

Well, my little Sage is here and I couldn't be happier or more in love! She totally surprised us by coming 10 days before her due date. I had a c-section booked for the 19th and the 24th was my actual due date, but she just couldn't wait so oct 14th at 6:43 am it was!

I totally woke up to a contraction at 3:30 in the morning and didn't think anything of it and fell back asleep. Woke to a few more, but nothing serious. I'd been having braxton hicks for months. And even when my water broke around 4 I told Derek and then decided to just read my book. That lasted for about 3 seconds when I think Derek actually woke up and was like um, are you kidding me, get up, we're outta here. By then I was feeling the contractions and thought I'd better pack a bag. I couldn't think of anything I wanted besides socks. Derek kept asking me to focus so he could pack stuff but he had already got my toothbrush and I had those socks and I really couldn't think of anything else. My mom came over and Alli woke up and started crying because she didn't want the baby to come yet. It was supposed to be her friend birthday party that day. And we were off! And then we turned around to get the camera...THEN we were off!


I got to the hospital and boy was I glad Derek hurried me along because I was SURELY feeling it now! They got me all prepped and I was off to the OR. The on call Dr. did not want me to labor any more. It all went smooth and Derek was the first to tell me it was a GIRL! She was 7 lbs 8 oz. I had a minute to do a fake snuggle because you can't really cuddle very well hooked up like that still being stitched up and all then Derek was off with the baby and I went to recovery where I watched people move my legs move and I couldn't feel a thing.


Everything went really well. My dr. didn't deliver since it was in the night but I LOVED the dr that ended up doing it. She was fantastic. I had a shared room the first night and was ready to check myself out the next day it was so horrible. Luckily a private came available the next afternoon and I was outta there. I stayed the full 3 days this time and am so happy I did. I felt rested and ready to come home when it was time. It's hard to accept help sometimes and not pop out of bed the next day, but I knew this was the way to go this time. My mom has been over this week spoiling me and I love her so much for it! My friends and family and Derek have been so great with meals and taking my kids and driving them places and what not. I am so grateful for them all.


The kids are in love with her and keep track of holding time and both are sure they are getting gypped in the holding department. James is learning to be gentle and loves to kiss her all over and wants to take a picture every time her eyes are open. He usually lasts holding her for about a minute and then he's done just like that. Alli is my helper. She loves to hold Sage and talk to her. Alli helps with the diaper changes as long as they aren't messy. She is excited to teach her how to play barbies when she turns one.



Sage was so swollen the first day, but those chubby cheeks and double chin are still hangin around! She might look a tiny bit like Alli did, but it's hard to say because Alli didn't get chubby until she was older. So far Sage has been such a good newborn. She is nursing pretty good which has never happened easy for me, and that makes me so so happy. When we left the hospital her weight was down to 6 lbs 10 oz but she is on the up again already! She has a little curly hair on top right now, it's kinda dark but I'm sure it will magically disappear like my other kids and then come back blond. Her eyes are a dark blue right now, just like the others, so I'm sure they'll lighten up. Her thin little lips are perfect. And for some reason I am in love with her ears. She loves it when Derek bundles her up and so do I. He's just so good at it! She's not too into the soother yet, but loves my pinky finger! Right after she was born she found her thumb for a while, but hasn't since. I can't think of anything else to say other than I am smitten with this tiny thing. I'm just so happy and in love with her. I want time to stand still for a little longer and soak this all up. I'm not sure I have ever been a sappy baby person, but this time I just might be!

So I am taking Rhonda's advice and am taking a picture a day of Sage for 30 days. All the pictures above are from the first day.

Day 2...eeks, i have 3 kids!



Day 3

Day 4
Day 5- here's the curly hair on top! it just kinda does that after a bath.

Day 6And now I am about to cry because I can't believe Sage is a week old tomorrow! Also, I just realized I didn't take a picture yet today. I swear she is awake sometimes, but it might be another sleeping pic tonight.

26 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

Oh my word you and your baby are adorable. Maybe someday we'll meet in real life and hang out and I can tell you how cute your kids are over and over. Mmkay? Just sayin'.

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

LINDSAY!! You have a baby! I love that you only wanted your socks. and that you just wanted to keep reading your book.
She's beautiful, love her name, hair - everything! Hope you are feeling good (ish) - let's be realistic here.
I wanted to tell you Brody was really worried about Alli getting bit by that wasp. (I think.) You have a beautiful family!
Congrats!

Ashley Dawn said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats! Apparently I've been absent from the blogging world for a while as I didn't even know you were expecting - so double congrats!

Jaime said...

You would never be able to tell you had a baby in those pictures, you look great! I love all the pictures of little Sage, she's beautiful, I'm glad I got to hold her for a few minutes. Congrats Baldry's!

Jaime said...

P.S. I love the picture of you and the 3 kids in the hospital, and Alli is holding in the baby's soother, she's a pro already!!

lynz said...

she is perfect lins! love her name and her little curly hair and everything about her! wish i could come and give her some snugs :) congrats and just have sooooo much fun soaking it up!!!

Alysha Sladek said...

She is adorable!!! Congrats. Love that you wanted your socks. Hilarious.

Amy said...

Congratulations!! She is adorable!

The Byams said...

aww i love her! i am so sad i am not there to snuggle her! soon i hope! i am so glad to hear she is a dream!

Stephanie said...

Lindsay, she is so adorable! That is a fun story. It is so cute how much the other two love her.

Stephanie Walburger said...

linds! She is the sweetest! I can't believe you have 3 either! We need to get out there.

Susie said...

i Don't know how long I can stay away, i wanna see and hold her when she is soo teeny. Her curl is to die for. true I don't think you ever were a sappy baby person, don't worry its cute that you are on #3. She looks and sounds just perfect.

Erin Johnson said...

Congrats Lindsay! You have three kids now! She's gorgeous and so are you. Enjoy every minute!

MoxleyH said...

She is beautiful and so precious!!

Christal said...

aww congrats lindsay she is so so cute! Enjoy every minute it goes by so fast love the 30 days thing so fun to see them change! Love all the perfect pictures!

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

I always pack those thick fuzzy socks for the hospital. Love those.

She is a doll. So sweet. Love her name too. You look so great.

Jackie said...

She is so precious!! Congratulations to your cute family!

Mandy said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. You look terrific. I'm glad things went well.

Brett Clelland said...

She's just perfect, and the perfect fit in your family. Ahh, Derek's famous bundle. After Gavin was born, I don't even know how many times I heard too bad Derek's not here to bundle or if Derek were here that baby would never kick his blanket lose, etc. Apparently, we need a lesson or 2.

melissa said...

Oh my gosh, she is so sweet! I want to snuggle her next! I can't believe you have 3 kids now, and you look fantastic! I really truly am thinking of coming up for a few days this winter with my dad. You better believe I'm calling you when I do!

Jacklyn said...

She is the sweetest thing ever I want to snuggle her and she makes Simon look huge. A couple of notes, your long long long hair, you and dereks matching glasses, James's little smirk and Sage's cut little curl love them all and please don't do one thing for At least a month cause it goes way way to fast!

Karen said...

Congratulations Lindsay!! Sage is a beautiful baby with a beautiful name!! Enjoy the newborn days... life flies by so fast!

Em and Tom said...

So sweet. So wish I was there!

McCandless Co. said...

Congrats you guys!!! She is so perfect and I love her name.

Just Rhonda said...

Day 3 picture is AWESOME. So are all the ones of the kids holding her. :)

The Super Seven said...

She is just beautiful!!!!! Hope that you are adjusting to having 3 little ones.....I can't believe how grown up the other two look. Take all the help you can get now.....you'll appreciate it later!!!! Congrats!!!