Thursday, October 13, 2011

alli is six!

Happy birthday Alli!


It's true I have a 6 year old. She is a mostly girly girl. She is having a rainbow unicorn birthday (did i say mostly girly girl? ok, all girly girl) tomorrow and she helped think up a lot of what this little party will entail! Details to follow...


(she really wanted to have breakfast in bed for her birthday, so i gave her a couple of limited choices and she couldn't have been happier. she always wants me to have breakfast in bed on special occasions and there is nothing i hate more than food in my bed so i have never really done it.)



Just wanted to write down a few things about my sweet little Alli Bea (her name is Alli Beatrice if you ask her which is fine by me. As if i am still having name regret after all these years!)

-loves to look at books, has little desire to read yet.
-loves kindergarten and might be one of those teacher lover types (oh dear)
-is a dream to put to bed most nights, i actually kind of enjoy putting her to bed and spending time with her and reading. james...he is another story...but i digress
-is on the road to being a hoarder, i'll have to expand on that to give you all a good laugh
-her favorite foods are kraft dinner, shrimp, meatballs, hawaiian haystacks, root beer and anything SWEET!
-has a fantastic memory of insignificant things
-loves to have long hot showers put on her robe and look at books in bed following (i don't know where she got this from...)
-always wants to have a friend over or go to a friends house
-asks to wear makeup on a regular basis
-is into barbies and crafty things lately
-hates getting her hair done
-is very helpful around the house (when in the mood)
-likes getting her picture taken and has the fakest smile ever sometimes
-wants to name the baby pixie if it is a girl
-is going to be a great help when the baby comes, i just know it!



(my kids wait for this year round. they get measured on grandma's wall. there are some classics up there! and i guess you get a 39 week preggo belly in that pic for a bonus. um thanks susie?)

She kept saying on her birthday, 'i feel different mom. oh right, it must be because i'm 6 now.'

I told her she could pick whatever she wanted for breakfast and supper on her birthday and I think she may have gotten a bit confused and wanted breakfast for supper! so waffles with coconut syrup it it was! Micky Mouse ones thanks to Grandma Karie!


I'm so happy to have Alli in my life. She is so much fun to have around. I see a lot of me in her somedays, not so much in the looks department (even she knows she looks like Derek because so many people say it to her) but her personality. Scares me a little sometimes, and gives my parents a real kick! So obviously she is fantastic and is a great gal! Love you Alli!


Also, after Derek ditched me on my birthday to a GREAT job in his marathon, he brought me home a new camera for my birthday! So the pictures will start flowing again and possibly the blog posts too! Oh wait except for the fact that I will have a 3rd child next week at this time might throw those plans a bit...

10 comments:

Em and Tom said...

I just love the way little girls think. She is darling Linz... so are you:)

melissa said...

First of all...I'm reading your blog at 11:20pm and yes, I did care that you were reading mine :) Second of all, I love the preggo pic! I have never seen you pregnant and it is so surreal to me. Like you're just wearing a little belly suit bc your face still looks fab! I can't believe Alli is 6 and I can't believe you're about to have another one in a week. Yipes! I mean, Yay! I can't wait!

Jaime said...

What a cute girl, and you and your belly look so cute! My favorite story of Alli is her and her hair from her hairbrush. Makes me chuckle everytime.

whitney said...

Such a cute 6 year old! I can't believe she is 6! And that mean Roman is 6 in like 5 months. Crazy!

Susie said...

Alli is so a girl!! Remembering insignifiacnt details will come in handy, even if its just so she can prove she is right. Breakfast in bed is so awesome, i love it. YOu are hilarious. I'm so glad that I got your last preggo pic, I can't imagine you taking another. SOOOOO excited for you. I put money on another girly girl!!!

lynz said...

she is the cutest little girly girl ever and i love that she has long hot showers and hangs out in her robe after - so awesome!

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

You have a 6 year old. I can't believe that (in a good way). Alli is adorable. I love the long shower and bathrobe thing. So funny.

So glad that you posted a belly pic. I have been waiting all summer/fall for one. I carefully disected your pic. YOU LOOK GREAT! Your legs are still skinny!! Seriously would not have guessed 39 weeks. So excited for your baby. I guess girl, but I am always wrong.

Christal said...

She is so cute happy birthday to her! They grow up way to fast! And you look fabulous every time I see you you always look so dang cute!

Kristi Drennan said...

You look fantastical! I think you know what I'm about to say.


Just. sayin'.

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday Ms Alli! Lucky girl, I think that sweet Barbie car may be the cause of fight or 2.