Friday, September 30, 2011

some things

it all started when...

-i stepped on the glass part of a frame the one week ago. broke it. cut/bruised my foot. still hurts in barefeet on my hardwood floor.

-made a cake for a friends 3 year old birthday on saturday (it was the adult cake)
-attempt 1, forgot to add the sugar
-attempt 2, forgot to double the sugar
-attempt to eat, it wasn't good

-derek turned 33 last friday. planned his favorite meal forsunday. forgot to buy corn on the cob, thanks to karie who pulled through. forgot to buy steak, thanks to brett and shawnfor pulling through. couldn't eat the leftover cake from the other party so brownies and ice cream for the birthday it was and thanks to karie again for the strawberries. i think i remembered potatoes and whip cream.

-didn't take any birthday pics. but i found a few others from a while ago.




-i fell while simply walking at a different party on saturday.

-i made wings in my crockpot for the other party on saturdayand they looked so wrong that i didn't even try them so i wouldn't know if they were good or not.

-i think i stayed home for the rest of the week.

-oh wait, i left the house to get my drivers license renewed. i'm super excited to carry that picture around for the next how many years. hello preggo face! i guess it will go well with my costco card i recently renewed.

-by the way, derek left yesterday and is running his marathon on saturday, it's all me in this condition!

-i put the kids to bed around 10 tonight and i'm not even exaggerating one bit when i say they had sugar for supper.

-what can i say, some days you have it, some you don't!

-i turn 30 tomorrow and i'm blaming all these mishaps on pregnancy because i would like to otherwise believe i am leaving my 20's gracefully.

11 comments:

Susie said...

you're hilarious i miss ya, now I am wishing I was there for your bb day. I can relate to some of the forgetful and clumisiness I"m not sure I can top yours. what can i say you are awesome and no way are you 30.

lynz said...

hahahahaha love that post! totally agree about blaming it all on pregnancy by the way - that's always the excuse to use when prego. it's one of the only perks! happy bday by the way. hopefully someone will make you a cake and remember the sugar and maybe even put a little extra in for good measure :)

The Byams said...

your a good wife cause i don't know if i could let brady leave me at that point in pregnancy. it is definatly pregnancy because you are the reliable one in our family! hope you have a great birthday!

Alysha Sladek said...

happy birthday!!! 30! wow! heheh that's me NEXT week. YIKES!! And I'm glad I"m not the only one who'll have prego face for the driver's licence hahha

Em and Tom said...

Happy Birthday darling. I'm blaming 76% on being prego, and the rest can be cause you're getting so old:) How did this happen to us so fast? I don't even want to think how fast the next 10 are going to go!

Brooke said...

Happy B-day! Don't you know...it's the curse of turning 30. When Brett turned 30, I don't think you could pack more mishaps into a 2 day span..., car accident, almost getting hit by crazy driver while walking down the side walk, just to start the list.
Also, love the pic of Alli with no explanation what so ever. Come on, its not even Halloween yet.

Christal said...

aww I hope you had a great birthday you deserve it!! Love that picture of you and the kids in the canola field beautiful! and alli's face awesome Life eh!! one thing or another!! Happy Birthday!!

Jaime said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope you had a fantastic day, I loved the list...hope you first week of 30 goes a little more smoothly:)

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

So, I thought I commented like a week ago...oops. HAPPY (Way late) BIRTHDAY!!
Sounds like you had a ridiculous week prior. I bet this week's been great. If not, November will definitely be your month!

Stephanie Walburger said...

Hahahaha!!!! Linds! Probably one of my favorite posts! You hilarious! Sounds like things are going really really good for you!!!haha

melissa said...

How did I miss this post?! That just made me laugh so hard! Also...Happy (really) Belated birthday. I haven't been facebooking or doing anything personal at work, so naturally I thought about telling you HB allllll day on the 1st...and then of course, didn't. And by the time I logged on to facebook again it was a few days later and I just felt sheepish. So this is much better. Anyway...awesome post. Sounds like you're...uh...doing great! And don't tell me what it's like to be 30, I still have half a year to cling to 29.