Sunday, September 11, 2011

my 10

Another month passed without a blog. Dang. Here's the most recent summary.

(First day of school for James, I had to bribe him not to wear basketball shorts.)

I used to put blogging on my to do list. I really did. I used to make to do lists. I can't remember the last time I made a list besides a grocery list. I don't know why I make grocery lists either because I usually forget 7 things and end up getting 10 extra things I don't need, treats included.

I have 6ish weeks until I have a baby. Someone asked me if I was all ready. But I can't think of what I am supposed to do to get ready. When I was pregnant with James I decided to pack a little hospital bag and it ended up being the day he was born. I was 10 days overdue. So...that's how I roll.



I used to take pictures. I can't even believe how many times this summer I have said, 'Dang I forgot my camera!' I don't know why, but I just always forget to bring it along. I used to pull it out on a regular basis.

We got a new computer a couple weeks ago. That 8 year old computer treated us well. (dad, look at me plugging mac's!) I've been using the old one, then Derek's laptop, and now the new one. I thought I had some more pictures in there somewhere, but it's looking pretty lame. And I'm not gonna lie, the speed this computer has is fantastic, but there are a few different things that I thin they had right 8 years ago! on the other hand, there are some fancy new things they thought up. Ah nerds, what will they invent next?

(Alli's first day of kindergarten. I didn't have to bribe her with anything. She picked out her dress and she wanted her hair straightened. I haven't done that with her hair for months because it takes FOREVER and I couldn't believe how long it was, yippee, small victory. I also noticed how much she needs a trim.)

So, Alli is in kindergarten every afternoon and James in preschool 2 afternoons a week. Don't call me, I'll be napping. Hopefully I'll get that nesting feeling at some point in there too so I can get my walls washed after the summer of filthy kids.

This baby moves around so much. I honestly can't remember if my other kids moved this much. But I feel like I would remember if I was getting drop kicked from the inside on a regular basis day and night.

Do you need to pee? I do. That's where I have been the last 9 months.

This summer was so awesome. I don't know why, it just was. (maybe it was because of the zero gravity chairs I brought with me every where I went?!) I'm not even sad summer holidays are over. Because if the weather stays nice, I will continue to treat it like summer with a few school breaks in there. I'm so happy when it is sunny!

On that note, I love the heat, but the last week or 2 of this 30 degree stuff is giving me some serious swelling issues. My feet and fingers and HUGE! It's awkward and embarrassing because I still have 6 weeks left to grow!

(We went to Waterton on labor day and took some iphone pictures so you know they are quality because of course I forgot my camera. Shortly after these pics, Derek told the kids he would get them a huge ice cream cone if they went under the water. Well, they both did, multiple times actually. I have some funny videos of it.)

Do you want a soda? I do. That's what I've been drinking the last 9 months. (maybe that has something to do with the charlie horses this baby is giving me. caffeine?!)

Knock on wood, but I have not been at all an emotional basket case this pregnancy like I have before. Don't get me wrong, I still turn cukoo crazy sometimes, but maybe I am finally just becoming more mature and have somewhat of a handle on my emotions. Derek is so proud!

(woot woot! there's my belly. i'm glad my shirt wrinkled over my belly so you can see it and my belly button really well.)

I think that was 11, you're welcome for the bonus.

10 comments:

Susie said...

I have so much to say. LIke you can't move thats the greatest back to school pics. Yes alli is looking so so cute (long hair!!) If you could bank sleep I would tell you to do that. I'm feeling so busy with one kid in preschool, but 2 soundds like a breeze. Everyone needs a few nerds in their life right?? thanks dad he he. I keep thinking I should send you some pics of the summer, I'm sure it will happen when I blog.... wait for it.

Jaime said...

Cute, cute cute! Your afternoons sound so great now:) I've been thinking of all you pregnant ladies in this heat, hope 6 weeks goes by fast for you.

Alysha Sladek said...

6 weeks! Awesome. I can't believe how much the kids have grown. They're adorable.

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

I am so excited for you to have your baby!! You look great.

Your kids look so big. I can't believe it. So big and so cute.

Don't you just love those afternoon naps!! I do.

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

why do you make me laugh so?
my favorite line "don't call - I'll be napping."
I remember a girl in my ward in Cardston put a sign on her door when her and her baby was sleeping...at the time I thought it was lame - now I think it was a genius move.
I love getting to bump into you often now - even if I'm always wearing the same outfit...

Em and Tom said...

I'm always glad to see you posted! Miss you cause you are so funny, and know we would be great neighbors, unlike the ones I am currently dealing with.

Melissa said...

You should be proud of yourself for blogging at least once a month, i'm way behind you! And you look darling prego, i'm so jealous that your one of those cute pregnant girls! Your kids are getting so big and are as cute as can be!!!

melissa said...

You're so cute!!! I'll take any belly picture I can get, and since I've never actually seen you pregnant, I love this one! Hooray! I can't believe you only have 6 weeks left! I can't believe Alli's in kindergarten, and I can't believe James is in pre-school (and regular shorts!)!! Love this post.

Brooke said...

Cute school pics. Now, I just want to now if the basketball shorts got put on right when he got home.
I told Brett we needed chairs like yours because our's broke. He gave me this why would I know what chairs they have...I said you know the ones that were everywhere.

Just Rhonda said...

Ah i love the random ramblings of your mind :) 5 weeks left now and soon a baby!!!!