Wednesday, August 03, 2011

i won't evn try to make it sound catchy...summer


Summer is passing by right before me! we are living it up every moment around here. This is really just a good ol fashioned picture post in my new format of 10's!

1. I've been having to work a ton (a ton for me, but really not that much) so I can get my mat leave. worth it. worth it. worth it. That's what I tell myself when I waddle down the halls of the hospital.


2. Derek has been great to stay home when I work. Kinda handy school teacher that way! it's like we planned it or something...he found an on off job for the summer which has been just perfect. i also try employ him on a regular basis, but he prefers his self employment of doing yard work and shaking his head at our disgrace of a garden.

3. We went camping, proof. We went with all Derek's fam to Banff. I was blessed to not have to get up and pee in the night for 3 nights. I was not blessed to be warm until the 3rd night when derek gave me his sweat pants to wear over my sweat pants with an extra hoodie from my brother in law on top of mine and derek's cuddled up to Alli with an extra sleeping bag over top of my sleeping bag and blankets. so cozy. my sweet inlaws gave me the shirt I am sportin. It says "I love not camping." Weird they got it for me eh?


4. Derek and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary on July 5th. We were camping with all the layers and stuff, it was so special. I love him so much.


5. Ok, we did do something. We just got back from a few days in Whitefish. Fantastic! We had no kids with us. Did I mention it was fantastic? Well, it was. I love my kids, but a couple of days without them can really revitalize a woman! Thanks to Derek's great cousin for taking the kids and my friends in the right places who own a cabin there!

6. We have been doing lots of day 'trips' this summer. Waterton, Writing on Stone, Ridge Park (does that count?) and lots of hanging out at the park, on our bikes or in the backyard with the pool and sprinkler and roasting hot dogs in various peoples backyards because we don't actually have a fire pit.

(we hiked up to bertha falls and i swear the kids had fun despite their faces in the pics. the last pic was right before James slipped into the creek. he didn't even care. It was stinkin hot!)

7. I believe I am retaining water. It is not pretty. I'll pretend I am retaining it in my butt too. I really don't think I am any more hot than I would be if I wasn't preggo these days. I don't mind the heat. The fat feet do mind a bit when I don't cool off at night though.

8. It's amazing what the husband will get done around the house with a little Montana golf trip incentive!


9. I forgot to mention July 1st and ALL the festivities, James' stitches, I really did like camping, Magrath waterslide twice! (and twice! kinda crappy weather), new toilets (you know you were wondering, and shout out to Christal on the transport), swimming lessons, family reunions, ym camp for derek, COUSIN TIME, aaaaaaand NAPS and my sleep in children!
This is a couple days after. I decided not to put up the picture I sent to my dad from my phone asking him if we should come home for stitches. Your welcome for saving you from barfing. jks, it was a gross gash, but not barf worthy.




10. I don't want this summer to end. We are having way too much fun.

8 comments:

melissa said...

First of all...shut up right now bc I think you look so cute! I love the pic of you guys in Waterton in your cute little stripey get up! And seriously, how adorable is your family? No wonder you don't want Summer to end. Now, I'd complain about not being invited to the weenie roasts, but I get it. Fine. I have to be in the same country. Whatever.

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

You do look so cute.

summer is going to way to fast!!!

But sounds like you guys are livin' it up.

I think that I need a shirt that says "I love not Camping". That is awesome!

Susie said...

please don't end summer, we are loving it too. Your kids look way too old in the first pic (good thing you are preggo). Day trips are where it is at, just bring the explorer 200 and you'll be good to go. Why did I not get RYan to do some of my work before the Montana golf- duh. serioulsy he is out golfing as i speak.

Brooke said...

Sometimes I think Alli and James look like a cute little couple. See ya next week.

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

I loved your title.
Summer's been fabulous hasn't it?
Glad you guys are having so much fun!

Jacklyn said...

I've looked at this like 5 times and never commented so here is a comment...love it all. And Luke started school today and I was so wishing it was a little school like raymond where I knew all the other kids. Oh well at least him and alli are getting married

The Steed's said...

You look great! You just wait til' you have those 2 kids sleeping in while baby is up at 6:00am. You will then miss those sleep in days. Love the pics and the fun summer you have had.

Christal said...

Seriously you always look so good! and I think I might need that shirt too as we head out again tomorrow its just so much work! Looks like your summer is going by fast but fun! Happy anniversary too! and no problem on the toilets ha ha nice to have a shout out as a toilet transporter j/k! Glad I could help!
Ouch to james' foot! And I love that top picture of the kids they are so cute! Enjoy the rest of the summer then lets all go to the help!