Wednesday, April 14, 2010

how does this happen?




I went from this ...




to this.

(everybody was snowed in and stuck this morning and since I live only a couple blocks from the hospital I had to go in for a little while this morning while people dug themselves out. no blow dryer so no shower + no light so no makeup + working until 11 the 2 nights before + getting home from mexico at 2 in the morning before THAT = me looking like this in the snow. i don't know what derek's excuse is, hehe)





and the week before i was happy to even just enjoy this 3 child workout.



or see the grass
or play outside without the winter gear!

What a day today was. I was at work last night pushing a patient on a stretcher cruisin around the corner when all of sudden lights out and BANG my elbow into the corner or the door. They were only out for about 30 seconds and then generator kicked in, but we almost crashed through the wall with that guy and I practically had a heart attack. That was just before 11 o'clock last night. Long dark, cold, house story short the power came back on about 2 or 3 this afternoon. So there was no school, but we didn't really do anything. Weird day.

I'm just trying to focus on the ridicuolously great time we had in mexico last week! We just got back late Sunday. It was hot and sunny every day. I sat on the beach or by the pool every day, jogged on the beach, read 4 books, did yoga by the waves, bartered for some mexican 'goods,' did everything uninterrupted by anyone and ate myself to an extra 5 or so pounds. Worth every one. You feel like you really have to eat a lot when you go all inclusive when you don't get in on any of the alcohol. So I did.

Here's a picture or 2. We didn't take many pictures mostly because beach = me in a swimsuit which therefore = no thanks, put that evidence away.




Oh Derek, splashing in the waves.


And a big thank you to my mom and sil Rhonda and sil Sarabeth who passed around my kids and took great care of them while I was away. I have 2 of Rhonda's kids for the rest of the week right now and I hear one of them giggling with one of mine right now! Should be fun!


Before we left we had a fun Easter weekend with the familia. My sister Brooke had her 3 week old baby Gavin here and we are all pretty much in love. My kids were fighting over who's turn it was to hold him and were in his face all the time. Gavin was pretty good about it all. And don't even say it...I know my baby is turning 3 next month, but don't even say it!

Just look at the lips on that baby! love 'em!



My sister Sue who apparently has a 9 month baby belly somewhere in there.


Now excuse me while I go and lather up my dry skin and brush out my dead dry hair and watch my tan fade away and dream of the wonders the humidity did on my hair and skin.

19 comments:

Susie said...

I can't decide which pictures I was more anxious to see Mexico or the winter wonderland. I'm a nerd I know, now I can go to bed. Seriously though you look amazing & it's ridonkulous that you came back to snow. Nothing wrong with 2 kids, nothing.

Oler Family said...

I can't believe the snow you guys got...that is just incredible!! I love the mexico pictures....and i'm super jealous of your tan! where did you stay?

Kristin Ross said...

What a fun time in Mexico! Sounds like you've been kinda busy since you got back too. Hopefully the snow will melt fast. I hate when that happens.

KellyLady said...

Looks like you had a great holiday!

Karen said...

What a nasty surprise to come home to! Looks like your trip was a great time, hurray for warm sunny tropical destinations! By the way we didn't get any of that winter white stuff up here! (Shaina went to school in shorts today!) You could always move back up! (you could live in my basement, that would surely keep your kid count to 2 for a long long time!!!)

Alysha Sladek said...

I can't believe the snow!! That's nuts. Make you miss Mexico even more? I sure would. Hopefully it all clears up quickly. Yah, Susie doesn't look prego AT ALL!
Glad you had a good trip (and nice weather).

lynz said...

mexico sounds like a blast and yay for getting the nice weather while you were there. i actually kinda wish i were there to experience this crazy winter wonderland in april, so enjoy the view from inside and at least you have a tan to lose!

Stephanie said...

Hey, fun pictures. You look so cute and tan. My favorite pic is the second one. I didn't realize your hair was so long.

Melissa said...

I would take sun or snow as long as i didn't have any kids with me! That's so nice you and Derek got to enjoy some time away.

Jacklyn said...

so fun, Ramz and I are so ready for a beach, you've inspired me. You look awesome ps

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

I feel a tiny bit bad for the snow thing, but the fact you were in mexico enjoying beautiful weather pretty much cancels the somewhat sympathy out!
You must have had a amazing time - it's important to do stuff like that with our spouse. Glad you and Derek had a great time!

Jaime said...

You look so great in your Mexico pictures! Glad you were back in time to enjoy the whiteout with the rest of us.

Christal said...

You are beautiful! Looks like you both had so much fun! Love the pictures you sure got an unwelcome welcome back eh!! So much snow!!! Crazy day!

Stephanie Walburger said...

linds! I'm so jealous of your mexico trip. It looks like you guys had fun!

Kristi Drennan said...

So the Mexico and stuff....MMM-Awesome.

The snow and stuff....MMM-not so awesome.

Just sayin'.

Brooke said...

Even in April, Mexico is way better than being at home. Looks like you had fun.

Just Rhonda said...

I don't think Utah was as fun as Mexico. You look great you silly billy. :)

Arrington's said...

So so jealous. Looks like it was amazing!

Caylee said...

HOLY SNOW!! Love the Mexico pics and your cute pink(?) top you're wearing, and your tan..... I want a vacation. Like Karen said no snow up here, and how fun to live in her basement!!! Do it.