Wednesday, April 21, 2010

look...

look past those stunning eyes, beyond the supper on his face, you better go ahead and click on it to make it large, and right in there with the little sunburned cheeks, you can see them. teeny tiny freckles. i am in love with these freckles, and there are more and more every day. note to self, kiss those cheeks one more time before i go to bed.


no freckles on this one, but come on, i just gotta kiss those cheeks too. i am in love with these 2 crazies. and i mean crazies, but they act pretty good in public most days so i'll keep them.


i have always thought derek's freckles were pretty much the cutest thing ever. (and his curly hair, but he refuses to let the public know he has this curly hair anymore so he shaves them off every 3 months. i know it's sad. i did get a hockey haired husband for a good 3 years in the beginning though) anyway, summer freckles are the best. there may have been a time when i got summer freckles, now they just look like age spots. i get freckly arms and legs in the summer (and post mexico) and i am learning to love them. but face freckles are the cutest on little 2 year old boys, am i right?! and i just mistyped freckles every time i typed it.

I think I'll use capitols where appropriate now.

We had a few extra kids for a few days last week. It was good times. I did the switcharoo with Rhonda. There's some good birth control for ya. I forgot what it was like to have crying kids in the night for extended periods of time.

I thought this picture was funny. These gals are less than week apart in age. What a pair!


These guys spent a lot of time together over the last bit, and they did really good.


You have to be laughing now. If you aren't look at James again, now you're laughing right?!

And this little guy did his best to keep up with it all, and I did my best to keep up to him!


The weather has been exceptional for the last few days, especially compared to last week. I think it was 24 today. I feel so great. All the rules seem to go out the window in the beginning of nice weather because you know it's gonna get windy or rain or most likely snow soon. So you have to let the kids run barefoot to the neighbors, ride their bikes until 8:30 at night, eat picnics everyday, go to the park 17 times, and get their clothes absolutely filthy along the way. People that don't have 8 month long winters don't get it. And if teachers got paid better in Arizona (or Kentucky!), I would be there.

I swear stress leaves my life when it's like this. (I would be a new woman if I lived in California I swear.) And I know why. I cut corners on the cleaning, and cooking because I'm not in the house as much. Do you know how to do this? It's the best thing to do. I'm not sure if I can share my cleaning secrets here just yet because my mom is out of town and I'm doing all the cleaning (which I always do, right momma?) and she reads this and it might be better if she never knows the way a Baldry house is run. Trust me, I'm no Martha, and I don't want to be. And my crap-out cooking isn't that good, but it's still food, so I do it, but it's not worth sharing.

I hate it when people bring up that they have a secret and then they don't tell you. I just did that.

Ok I give, one thing that never ends is laundry and my secret of the day is I don't fold my undies. There, I said it. It's a huge time saver. Doesn't look pretty in there, but who looks in your undies drawer, NO ONE. So no one will ever know.

18 comments:

Just Rhonda said...

LOVE the pictures of the kids. :) And thanks a lot for taking mine. I know mine were more work for you (Eli) than yours were for me!

AND really? never fold the undies?

Alysha Sladek said...

hahaha the undies? sweet. hahhaa
your kids are adorable. freckles on kids - SO cute. on me - not so hot.

KellyLady said...

you make me laugh! And your kiddos are adorable!

Oler Family said...

You are so funny! I LOVE freckles....I always wanted them growing up. I'm with you on the undies!! Your kids are seriously sooo cute. Alli has the best clothes!

The Lowry's said...

I never fold my undies either. Waste of time in my opinion. I can't wait to hear your cleaning secret. My quick cleaning secret is, stuff things in drawers and then clean them out later. That's if I need a real quick clean to make my house "look" tidy and it works. But I wouldn't really call that cleaning, just tidying.

whitney said...

Oh I hear you. Every day I keep thinking it will get windy and cold soon so the laundry can wait. Now I have no where to put the dirty clothes, the baskets and spilling over and we are really close to nothing to wear! But loving all the outside time!
Roman is obsessed with Alli and James and wants to go to the park with them again.

Tisha said...

Love it! You really do have adorable kiddos! However, I think I might have an anxiety attack if my undies weren't folded. I'm kind of OCD that way!

Brooke said...

I agree with the weather thing, and I've been a little bummed lately that are plans are changing and likely no post-doc = no chance to live somewhere warmer. I don't fold my undies either (they never stay folded in the drawer anyway).

Christal said...

great pictures!! I love freckles and sun kissed faces! Kolten is covered in them all across his nose! I love them! I like mine too when I get them in summer. Loving the weather!

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

Love the freckles. Your kids are dang cute with or without freckles!!

I could handle no folded undies, but Brett couldn't. He told me about 6 months ago that when I folded his undies he would go in and refold them. I guess he has to have them a particular way. Weirdo.

Melissa said...

I def don't miss the weather...i hate WIND! And i never fold my undies either, they just seem to come unfolded as soon as you put them away anyways. Your kiddos are so cute. And i love the pic of the girls with James.

Karen said...

So Lindsay, apparently I am spending copious amounts of precious time folding my "undies" when what seems like the rest of the free world is NOT!! It just never occurred to me that I could pass on this one! So a BIG THANK YOU goes out to you and all your blog followers whos comments have inspired me to simply toss my undies into a drawer along with my tendency towardl OCD and have a better day for it!

p.s your children really are adorable!!

Stephanie Walburger said...

hahaha! I never even thought about the option of not folding undies! haha, but I guess it is certainly something the consider! And I just love that niece and nephew of mine! They are pretty dang cute.

Jacklyn said...

love me some freckles and I love me a shout out and I hear ya the best is when the weather is so nice that you can just be outside all the time and ignore your house cause your never there...love it

Candice said...

You are HYSTERICAL and I love your blog! Cute pics, your kids are adorable and so are Regans! So sad you didn't stop to say "hi" while was in Ray-town. I desperately need to come say hi to your parents. Will be back again in July, it's been too many years since I've been back for the "first". Hope to see you then! Until then, keep blogging...love snoopin!

Rashelle said...

Looks like you had a great time in Mexico and got a good tan. We have been trying to enjoy the nice weather as well because you never know how long it will last. Your kids are looking so cute!

Brittany said...

oh linds..I love freckles too..not on myself but on everyone else, we will have to teach you a cute song about them!! so good to see you...lets do it again sooner rather than later!! ps I used to fold my undies until I got so fed up with them coming undone before they even made it to the drawer.

Em and Tom said...

Hey Linz, I think you are my kind of cleaner! I haven't tried that trick before. I bet it was killing Jack b/c she is "one of those" kind of folders. If you offer to help her fold her towels it almost kills her if you don't do it the same way she does. You have got to love that eh?