Sunday, February 28, 2010

olympic ballerina

While we're on the topic of the Olympics...my child is going there....if they ever have ballet in the Olympics. (I'm not sure why up to this point it is isn't, winter or summer really doesn't matter)

Anyway, it is a well known fact that Alli is a tippy toe walker, always has been since she was first walking. She walks on her tippy's a lot. Runs on them too, fast. I don't even notice it anymore. I've heard all the comments about what it means and blah blah blah, but whatever, I think she does it when she is bored. I don't think it is a form of autism and I don't think she will need surgery on her Achilles .

Note these old pics for example



And now, I might just venture to be proud of the tip toes.

Naturally I put her in ballet this year. I thought I'd finally take some pictures real quick before class last week.

It started out like this (I wanted to pull her leggings down but she would let me, and this is what happened.)



Then I bribed and we got a little better.




Then I asked her to twirl on her tippy's. Well, all of a sudden, she went UP! ( it's a terrible pic, but you get it) And she could dance like this!


Maybe I'm crazy and all 4 year old girls in ballet can do this, but I'm pretty sure they can't ( and I don't want to hear it if your child can), and that is why my child will go to the Olympics some day.

And I thought I was paying all this money for her to learn 'Hickory Dickory Dock' and a frog stretch.


15 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

that's very impressive!! yup, olympics for sure!

Stephanie said...

Lins, those ballet pictures are so cute!

Just Rhonda said...

She's got SKILLS!!!! (I love how you just started right in like we had been talking about this already. I can hear your voice in your posts and it's awesome) :)

lynz said...

hehe - so cute! i can see her now warming up for the olympic ballet competition!

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

pretty sure my 4 year old can't even do anything remotely close to that! I am impressed!
I love her outfit. maybe brenna will love dancing too...I hope!

Em and Tom said...

She is so cute! I have never seen anything like that before! Can't believe she can run like that! Lays wants to be a ballet dancer when she grows up but when I ask her if she wants to take lessons she always says "no mommy when I grow up I want too!" What do ya do eh?

melissa said...

Super cute pics. She'll be an Olympian for sure! I mean...my kids can't do that ;)

Jess said...

I am pretty sure she is amazing. I would love to be distantly related to a famous Olympian so keep up the great work!!

Susie said...

I won't lie I love a little girl in a ballet outfit and tippy toes at that, I think they call that point right? If you're lucky James & Alli could compete in the same olympics. The only question is will he be running a sprint or long distance. If Ice Dance is an event Ballet NEEDS to be next.

Jaime said...

I can't get over Alli in her ballet outfit, so, so cute. She looks like a doll!

Tisha said...

TJ is a tippy-walker too, but sadly, its kind of frowned upon to dress a boy in a tutu and tights!

The Lowry's said...

Wowzers. She is amazing! Definitely going to the olympics.
Nope, Jaycie doesn't do that, nor does she really like ballet. She tells me almost every week, Mom I don't like dance. What to do? Put her in it another year because I want her to be in dance or choose something else. What do you think?

Arrington's said...

That really is amazing! I honestly let out an involuntary squeal when I saw the picture of her in the full outfit soooooo cute!! Laken refuses to go to class anymore because she says class is too boring she only wants to be on the stage... it's a problem I know.

Christal said...

wow she is amazing and so dang cute!! and I know my 5 year old can't do anything remotely close to that in her ballet moves! Definitely an Olympic upcoming star! so cute!

Candice said...

Absolutely adorable! And yes, she is definitely going to the Olympics.......or maybe the Russian Ballet Company! too cute Lindsay!