Monday, December 14, 2009

merry ruined christmas

It's not really ruined of course, not yet anyway.
Well, my Christmas shopping is pretty much done. Pretty much as in Pete and Gab what do you guys want?!

We went to Edmonton like a month ago or something and that is the last time I took pictures, but they didn't download, so here ya go from forever ago.

(this picture is obviously from oct or november, it's way to ridiculous to have an outside picture with the 7 feet of snow that is here now.)

Alli thinks Santa is visiting Lethbridge this week. She asked if the Santa visiting the mall was the real one, not like the pretend one at the church party. Oh dear. I guess the complete madhouse of Santa at the ward Christmas party wasn't sufficient. So we visited Santa on this freezing freezing (as in -29 without the windchill) cold winter night.

(I know, sorry you have to see this messy face picture that only I think is cute.)

It's worse. James has seen like 3 of his Christmas presents. I thought maybe we could sneak a little train set in the cart and he wouldn't notice. I didn't think he did until he started telling people he has a train and train tracks. Then after the horrendous Calgary trip, noted in the post below, James caught a millisecond glance of the trunk, so short I wasn't even sure he was even looking. Well, we got home and he was like where is my boat? I want to play with my boat!

I'm not sure if Santa has anything James hasn't seen yet. This kid remembers dang it! But I'm not really worried about it for him. However if Alli catches on to anything she might not put it together this year, but since she remembers what present she got from Santa last year (and she hasn't even seen it or played with it since the summer) she might remember the happenings of this year next year and put it all together. But probaly not...

I'm an awesome mom right?


And to top it off, Alli told her Primary class that I'm having a baby. Great. Because I'm not. Her teacher was all to me, "So is there a congratulations in order?!" UMMMM, NO! She has been asking me to have a baby for a few days now. She also keeps talking about our house in Cardston and when we move back with a baby. James has been talking about the Cardston house since we moved here. Don't they know how good we have it here?!



What is going on around here?!

The Santa is watching you is not working as a disipline tool. (what the heck?!)

Alli had her first ballet performance. I took no video or camera. We'll just pretend they never had a Christmas recital.

But, good news. It's been so long since James had an accident in the pants that I can't even remember when it was, YAY!
Other good news, Alli wanted to cuddle with me 'for forever' today. So we did, until 9 o'clock this morning, it was the best.

And the talented Rebecca Cooper is doing a mini giveaway photo session for the spring. I want to win. So don't enter!

14 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the sassy-frass pic of Alli and James is so cute even with yogurt all over his face. And too funny about Alli telling everyone that your having a baby, my kids keep asking me too if we can have another one! Maybe they know something we don't!!!

Just Rhonda said...

hahahahah Maybe she's heard Lucy tell too many people that we are too.... even though we're not either. She drew a picture of our family for her primary teacher with me with a baby in my belly...

whitney said...

It's a sign from above, guess your getting pregnant. And you too Rhonda. Sorry, just the way it has to be.

zoe said...

haha. apparently i'm pregnant too(not really) and hazel has decided it's a girl named Darby. not really a name i'm excited about so lets hope when i do have another one that she has forgotten about it!

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

I just love your posts!
I often wonder if Brody tells people the same thing and I just have no idea! He keeps telling me that we need to have another baby. I guess that means they really do enjoy their siblings?!
Have a great Christmas!
P.S. Your kids ARE cute!

{Sarah} said...

K, neither of my kids better start saying anything thing like that any time soon... let me deal with the current baby for a little while. Although before I had Zealand, (about a week before) Brighton was telling people that I had the baby, it was a girl, and her name was Ky. Yep, kinda missed that boat :D

Christal said...

I always love reading your posts you make me laugh and you make us all feel like were normal well maybe I should speak for myself but you have the cutest kids and you are such a great mom!! Hope you have a great Christmas!

Kristi Drennan said...

I love how you tell about a giveaway AND tell people not to enter. That made me giggle and everything.

Isaiah has found a good bulk of his presents multiple times. One in fact that he finally brought out and had a super FIERCE fit. So we had to give in because that's the kind of Mom I AM. So for sure I'm thinking he'll not be too surprised on Christmas day when he finally gets the train he keeps going after. Though I'm going to be disappointed to find out there's no santa because I keep hoping he'll have me over for dinner. I feel like he doesn't live that far away so he should have us for SURE. Does this make any sense? All I've eaten today is crescent rolls.

lynz said...

clearly, you are not the only one that thinks that picture of james is cute! it is one of my new favs of him - so truly and sincerely happy :) love it! oh and sweetness about the accident free happy little james! oh and i'm now in town for a few weeks, so call me or stop over some time!

Jess said...

I love that they want you to have a baby. That is totally cute. That is awesome news about James and no accidents. YEAH!!! Cuddling is awesome and I always soak it up. Enjoy!!!

Mike and Kelly said...

Have you tried using the Elves? I am sure that you remember them. My kids are always motivated if they think that it could be make it or break it with the treat in the stocking.. Your kids are darling by the way.

Arrington's said...

I'm so jealous your children love Santa. I'm going to try the mall as my last bit of hope but the odds are against me. Laken remembers everything that she has ever got or given to Anyone also so I feel your pain. It makes it difficult to "de-junk" when she's clinging to the dollar store toy like it's a family heirloom..

Ashley Dawn said...

LOVE those pictures. LOVE LOVE LOVE them. I'm a winner mom too. My kids find all their presents, so I say that I'm taking them back and they better pray that Santa brings them. That seems to work (so far). Good luck with it all...

Alysha Sladek said...

good luck with the photo contest. she's super talented! my kids keep catching me buying stuff too and i'm running out of excuses hahahha. good luck with that one too!